Is 1000w Led Too Intense?

• Thread starter V420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

V420

I'm currently using a 1000 watt LED full spectrum light. It's being used in a 2 by 4 tent. My question is is the light too intense for the size of the grow. My plants are getting bushy but they're only growing out and not up. I've made sure the ph and PPM are in an acceptable range the room is well ventilated and I've also added some extra CO2. All four plants are less than a foot tall and about 2 months old. The Roots look healthy, I just can't figure out why they don't grow up towards the light I have raised the light to the very top of the tent. I'm wondering whether I should purchase a 600 watt light instead of the thousand watt.

V

V420

The light itself draws about 230 watts of power. The nodes are super tight together as well like less than half a centimeter apart. I'm at work so I can't take pictures now but I can definitely take some later tonight and upload them if that will help. Any suggestion or advice would be greatly appreciated as I want to start flowering these guys soon but they're so small I don't think it would be worth it.

Toaster79

Toaster79

There's simply too much blue in there. Does your light have a veg/bloom switch? Flip them and they'll stretch. What strain? Heavy indica hybrid?

V

V420

There's simply too much blue in there. Does your light have a veg/bloom switch? Flip them and they'll stretch. What strain? Heavy indica hybrid?

This is the link for the light on using

They are bag seed from some quality strains. I have one sativa that I think is Jack herer and 3 Indicas but not too sure exactly what strain. The light just had an on /off button. Is there anything I could do to lower the intensity of the light like using plexiglass between the light and the plants? Or should I just invest in a less powerful LED?

m8ty

m8ty

I'm currently using a 1000 watt LED full spectrum light. It's being used in a 2 by 4 tent. My question is is the light too intense for the size of the grow. My plants are getting bushy but they're only growing out and not up. I've made sure the ph and PPM are in an acceptable range the room is well ventilated and I've also added some extra CO2. All four plants are less than a foot tall and about 2 months old. The Roots look healthy, I just can't figure out why they don't grow up towards the light I have raised the light to the very top of the tent. I'm wondering whether I should purchase a 600 watt light instead of the thousand watt.

Yup too much light is not allowing them to grow too much light for a small space like that, and your plants prolly all purple at the stems showing mag deficiency cause of the too much light issue, it's amazing how many noobs are killing their plants with LED every where.

Get your self some T5 light for small spaces fuck LED all them lights do is kill your shit or miniaturize it when used in small grows.

V

V420

Yup too much light is not allowing them to grow too much light for a small space like that, and your plants prolly all purple at the stems showing mag deficiency cause of the too much light issue, it's amazing how many noobs are killing their plants with LED every where.

Get your self some T5 light for small spaces fuck LED all them lights do is kill your shit or miniaturize it when used in small grows.

I'm definitely leaning towards a less intense light after hearing what you guys have to quit. I was thinking about a 12 Band full spectrum 600 watt light it has the option for veg and flower. Do you guys feel that that would be more appropriate for my space?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Funny you say that with such confidence. He's got 8 square feet and 185W worth of light which puts him in a 23.125W/square foot ballpark. So considering I'm growing in a 3x3 with 315W which puts me in exactly 35W ballpark I'm pretty confident he's not having a too much light problem

20180322 191402

20180317 001120

See what I mean?

And you're not actually suggesting him he should go throug entire cycle wit T5's are you? That would make for one shitty advice right there.

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'm definitely leaning towards a less intense light after hearing what you guys have to quit. I was thinking about a 12 Band full spectrum 600 watt light it has the option for veg and flower. Do you guys feel that that would be more appropriate for my space?

Forget about that blurple chinese trash and get your self a decent white led light. Either an if the shelf unit or a kit to put it together yourselnif you're at least a bit tech savvy

V

V420

Funny you say that with such confidence. He's got 8 square feet and 185W worth of light which puts him in a 23.125W/square foot ballpark. So considering I'm growing in a 3x3 with 315W which puts me in exactly 35W ballpark I'm pretty confident he's not having a too much light problem

View attachment 787296

View attachment 787297

See what I mean?

And you're not actually suggesting him he should go throug entire cycle wit T5's are you? That would make for one shitty sdcice right there.

Those are fine nice looking plants, much bigger than mine are. I did have a problem with my ph pen giving me a bad reading tool I calibrated it about a week ago, not sure how long it was off but definitely learned my lesson to calibrate everything regularly. Do you think maybe their growth has been stunted due to the earlier ph problems ?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Those are fine nice looking plants, much bigger than mine are. I did have a problem with my ph pen giving me a bad reading tool I calibrated it about a week ago, not sure how long it was off but definitely learned my lesson to calibrate everything regularly. Do you think maybe their growth has been stunted due to the earlier ph problems ?

Could also be. Got any pics of your plants under normal lighting?

V

V420

Could also be. Got any pics of your plants under normal lighting?
Just a Pic of the roots about a week ago but I can take some for you guys when I get home from work today. Any advice is appreciated, also wondering if you guys have any recommendations on specific lighting companies that I can look into

Toaster79

Toaster79

Yeah, sure we want pics. Pics are always fun.

Totaly depends how much are you prepared to invest.

V

V420

Yeah, sure we want pics. Pics are always fun.

Totaly depends how much are you prepared to invest.

It would have to be somewhat reasonable ideally less than $200. This is my first grow trying to pick up everything I need to know but as you all know the first grow is always the most expensive. Here's a pic of the roots of one of the plants about a week ago.
Within reason

IMG 20180315 205931
m8ty

m8ty

So considering I'm growing in a 3x3 with 315W which puts me in exactly 35W ballpark I'm pretty confident he's not having a too much light problem

Toaster79 is one of the few growers that knows how to use LED lighting to grow cannabis, you notice his light is only 315 watts and it's spread out with COB's, so his lights don't have that LED laser like hot spot some of these bigger LED lights produce. J.S.
Cheers!

Toaster79

Toaster79

It would have to be somewhat reasonable ideally less than $200. This is my first grow trying to pick up everything I need to know but as you all know the first grow is always the most expensive. Here's a pic of the roots of one of the plants about a week ago.
Within reason

Roots look fine.

$200 aren't gonna get you far if you want quality led light even if you build it yourself.

This light will get you to the finish line no doubt as long as you dont make mistakes which is gonna be pretty hard for a first time in hydro. But wish you all the best.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Toaster79 is one of the few growers that knows how to use LED lighting to grow cannabis, you notice his light is only 315 watts and it's spread out with COB's, so his lights don't have that LED laser like hot spot some of these bigger LED lights produce. J.S.
Cheers!

Thank you

V

V420

Thank you

Would it be okay to take that light out of my tent and get a couple of white LED flood lights to veg them for a few more weeks so they can grow up and then when I switch to flower throw in the big LED again?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Would it be okay to take that light out of my tent and get a couple of white LED flood lights to veg them for a few more weeks so they can grow up and then when I switch to flower throw in the big LED again?

I wouldn't fiddle with the light. Just hang it as high as possible and go from there .

Latest posts

Top Bottom