Is Anybody Using Mars Hydro Led Grow Light Now?

• Thread starter Yukido
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Yukido

Yukido

If anybody got some tips or questions while using Mars Hydro light?;) This thread is for helping new growers to make the best decision, help the growers to resolve some problems while using it, or share your beautiful grow pics here.

As a new grower, It will be so helpful for my grow process , the same to other growers. :headphone::pompous::joyful:

Wish everyone happy growingggg:hungry::cat::shame::joyful:

Power OG

Power OG

Are you using Mars II ? Ive used a 400w from start to finish when I first started growing. My Protégé uses 4 of there 1600w in a 10x10 and just pulled 4 units. So for a fact they work great and even the owner of buildasoil uses the 1600w to bloom. So in my opinion best led for the price.

Yukido

Yukido

Are you using Mars II ? Ive used a 400w from start to finish when I first started growing. My Protégé uses 4 of there 1600w in a 10x10 and just pulled 4 units. So for a fact they work great and even the owner of buildasoil uses the 1600w to bloom. So in my opinion best led for the price.
Hi Power OG,

I have been reading about some Led grow lights these days, I didnt buy yet, but very interested in Mars II. After reading your words I will have more confidence in using this one. Thanks for sharing!;):joyful:

BeglianHaze

BeglianHaze

Hi Power OG,

I have been reading about some Led grow lights these days, I didnt buy yet, but very interested in Mars II. After reading your words I will have more confidence in using this one. Thanks for sharing!;):joyful:
Hello,

yeah you can totally trust to mars hydro led lights cuz even if it's cheap you can get same results as really expensive led brands!
They offer you a really good warranty, and it's really easy to use!
you can find on youtube the new videos about mars hydro pro! that's must be great!

Yukido

Yukido

Hello,

yeah you can totally trust to mars hydro led lights cuz even if it's cheap you can get same results as really expensive led brands!
They offer you a really good warranty, and it's really easy to use!
you can find on youtube the new videos about mars hydro pro! that's must be great!
Hi BeglianHaze,

Welcome to join this thread! Mars Pro, I will check it out, thanks for letting me know:playful::p

Yukido

Yukido

Yeeee, this is Mars Hydro 48 x3W reflector I purchased, arrived today, ahahah, excited~~~;);)
Webwxgetmsgimg 3
Webwxgetmsgimg 4
Webwxgetmsgimg 5
Webwxgetmsgimg 6
Webwxgetmsgimg 7

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

My thoughts exactly!! Very happy with mine so far. Only drawback IMO is they do make a decent amount of heat. Still saves power but I wasn't expecting all that heat from a LED. Very different from the 1w and 3w diodes. I'm running 2 of the Mars 2 400w panels

Yukido

Yukido

I pulled over 90g dry off 2 purple kush under a mars hydro 180watt UFO led, along with a few big Cfls, I was pretty pressed and will be upgrading to 2-300watt mars for my tent and keep the small one for veg n breeding..here's a pic a week or two before harvest last time I used it View attachment 532084
180W is a small one. Yeah, I think you will have much less work to do after upgrading the lights.:P BTW, do they still sell 300W? Coz I have heard about Mars Hydro old model 300W almost sold out, hard to find a new one on ebay or amazon. Anyway, if you want, you can contact my seller, she is a sweet girl, so patient to asnwer to my questions, maybe she can help you to choose the best one. She gave me a friend price, I think i paid the lowest price to get my reflector...... If anyone needs her email? ;)

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

wow, the pics look great man!! :joyful: how many pots you r growing with 2 400W? Yeah, I think this new tech- Led can save a lot of power comparing with HPS, can be less hot, but still a little hot.... Do you put a ventilation inside the tent?

I have both panels in a 2x4 tent and yes ventilation was absolutely necessary. I have a 4inch fan running full speed and temps are still 86 degrees. I Had to remove the carbon filter to get the max air movement, with the filter attached I was running low to mid 90's. With these Mars 2, I don't think there is any difference at all from HID in terms of heat. If you Consider the actual power consumption of both panels, it's less than 400 watts. I bet a 400w HPS would make the same or even less heat.

I have 18 - 1 gallon pots in there, I'm doing a SOG. I'm very happy with the results so far but I'm a little disappointed in how much heat they make. The 5w diodes may penetrate much better but they burn hot as fire LOL.

BeglianHaze

BeglianHaze

I pulled over 90g dry off 2 purple kush under a mars hydro 180watt UFO led, along with a few big Cfls, I was pretty pressed and will be upgrading to 2-300watt mars for my tent and keep the small one for veg n breeding..here's a pic a week or two before harvest last time I used it View attachment 532084
wow really good!
even scrog looks well done! :)
90 g is a great result with that kind of light

Yukido

Yukido

I have both panels in a 2x4 tent and yes ventilation was absolutely necessary. I have a 4inch fan running full speed and temps are still 86 degrees. I Had to remove the carbon filter to get the max air movement, with the filter attached I was running low to mid 90's. With these Mars 2, I don't think there is any difference at all from HID in terms of heat. If you Consider the actual power consumption of both panels, it's less than 400 watts. I bet a 400w HPS would make the same or even less heat.

I have 18 - 1 gallon pots in there, I'm doing a SOG. I'm very happy with the results so far but I'm a little disappointed in how much heat they make. The 5w diodes may penetrate much better but they burn hot as fire LOL.

Yeah I'm kinda disappointed about the heat LED produce too, I thought it could produce less as those adv say... But you were talking about draw power right? if the draw power of Mars Led is 400 W, it could be MARS II 900W, it can produce the same heat as 400W HPS yeah...But luckily Led r still much more efficient than HPS, it helps a lot of electricity consumption, and Cannabis can grow better i guess... till now, my reflecor is producing a little heat, I can put my hand under for long time and no problem, so I'm not using ventilation right now, don't know if it's fine or no...:confused:

BeglianHaze

BeglianHaze

Yeah I'm kinda disappointed about the heat LED produce too, I thought it could produce less as those adv say... But you were talking about draw power right? if the draw power of Mars Led is 400 W, it could be MARS II 900W, it can produce the same heat as 400W HPS yeah...But luckily Led r still much more efficient than HPS, it helps a lot of electricity consumption, and Cannabis can grow better i guess... till now, my reflecor is producing a little heat, I can put my hand under for long time and no problem, so I'm not using ventilation right now, don't know if it's fine or no...:confused:
Hello :)

glad to know your led light doesn't make any hot in your tent now, but i suggest you to use a little fan to move the air inside!it will help your plant to grow stonger, not only for move the air if it's too hot

Latest posts

Top Bottom