Is Anybody Using Mars Hydro Led Grow Light Now?

• Thread starter Yukido
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
keiksweat

keiksweat

I'm sorr
Hello,

i'm not happy to hear that!
I am growing with a 400w and till now never had troubles with this led light...
Y to be the bearer of bad news bro,but you may be one of the lucky few who has no problem's.I keep mine dust free and every now and then I take them apart and clean the dust out.im eBay ing mine after this round of blue cheese is done.im not happy with the performance anyway.I notice more as I use hps also.hope things turn out ok for you bro.good luck

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I'm happy to see it closed too. No hater or troll either, just try to be honest and objective. Bottom line is they are scam artists selling inferior products so anyone thinking of buying from them beware.

nurlord

nurlord

Interesting, there's a thread hundreds of pages long on another forum with no complaints. Guess I need to do more research.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Ma
Interesting, there's a thread hundreds of pages long on another forum with no complaints. Guess I need to do more research.
mate I'm not an led hater by far.I love the sticky that led makes.i just cant stand people who charge over the top for cheap end product,then refuse to honour a basic warranty.id rather make my own,n screw them

W

WaBaGrow

We use MARS... Here is our grow:
Here are some pics of the first flower cycle:
12 days between pictures (4 days into flower)
WhiteWidow 03 16 2016 Rm B

WhiteWidow 03 04 2016 Rm B

W

WaBaGrow

Thanks for the heads up, on the distance. As for the lights, we have had them for over 2 years (about 27 months now). We have been testing them to see if they are a viable solution for a legal grow. Our test results were good. We even have friends in the medical community that have swapped to MARS after seeing the lights in our facility. Simply due to cost vs. output. Are there more powerful lights, yes? At what cost though? The costs don't increase granularly with output. If you can buy 2-3 MARS for the cost of 1 competing light, you can see the value (depends on your power situation). As for quality, we were surprised at just how good these lights were! Our experience is much different than yours. Maybe we got lucky. Maybe you got a bad light? We have 11 lights (9 Mars II 1600 and 2 MARS Reflector 144) and none of them have failed to date. We even stress tested Room A for 2 weeks (14 days) at 100F and none of 3 lights failed. We did experience failures with the original spec'd dehumidifier and pump. We had to swap them with the Frigidaire de-humidifier and Iwaki pump. We are now into our first production grow (not just test). It’s been interesting trying to decipher all the crap your read out on the net. We have seen a ton of misinformation. The fact remains, that LED does work.

keiksweat

keiksweat

I've two mars reflector series same as yours.yes they work for the money,you wont get any joy from mars where warranty is concerned though.take my word for it.

dfellows5

dfellows5

Know this is somewhat old by a month but have been following Mars Hydros for a while and have read the problems some have had with the warranty. Since THC has pulled the Hydro family discussion due to warranty issues then why do they allow them to still advertise? (I have not started growing yet and have not grown in over 30 years and that was outside, but am looking to get back into it as an indoor grower) My thoughts are to a newbie seeing something advertised on a discussion site would kind of tell me the advertiser was some what ok'ed by the group. Not trying to stir up anything just saying. Also noticed on another discussion board people with several pages on Mars Hydro the people are starting to complain about warranty issues also. Guess I will continue looking for possible low priced LED Light sources or make a change to HID.

keiksweat

keiksweat

t
Know this is somewhat old by a month but have been following Mars Hydros for a while and have read the problems some have had with the warranty. Since THC has pulled the Hydro family discussion due to warranty issues then why do they allow them to still advertise? (I have not started growing yet and have not grown in over 30 years and that was outside, but am looking to get back into it as an indoor grower) My thoughts are to a newbie seeing something advertised on a discussion site would kind of tell me the advertiser was some what ok'ed by the group. Not trying to stir up anything just saying. Also noticed on another discussion board people with several pages on Mars Hydro the people are starting to complain about warranty issues also. Guess I will continue looking for possible low priced LED Light sources or make a change to HID.
Mars are a bunch of twats mate.theres a lot better lights.

R

Regular

I have been using Mars Hydro LED for about a year now, and have switch to HPS from now on.
I have 4 of their LED lamps, from small to MarsII 1600.

Because off 3 reasons:
1. Shitty hangers, my MarsII 1600 fell Down on my plants in less than 3 month from new, (weight 15 kg) see the Picture

2. Weird warranty, they want my to return the lamp before I get a new one, we have been writing about it for more than a month now, I am giving up on them now..

3. The MarsII 1600 makes my room way to hot.

4. My crop get way better with HPS.

Just my experience with Mars Hydro...
Have a nice weekend :)

Lampe4
keiksweat

keiksweat

shit
I have been using Mars Hydro LED for about a year now, and have switch to HPS from now on.
I have 4 of their LED lamps, from small to MarsII 1600.

Because off 3 reasons:
1. Shitty hangers, my MarsII 1600 fell Down on my plants in less than 3 month from new, (weight 15 kg) see the Picture

2. Weird warranty, they want my to return the lamp before I get a new one, we have been writing about it for more than a month now, I am giving up on them now..

3. The MarsII 1600 makes my room way to hot.

4. My crop get way better with HPS.

Just my experience with Mars Hydro...
Have a nice weekend :)
Dude,id be gutted.took your lights and your girls out in one foul swoop..mars will give you nothing only excuses as to why ,somehow at the end it will have been your fault not there's.there good at that.I've still got 2 reflector series panels,the 144 ,3watt diodes.I can grow some good sticky dank with them,but if I new then what I know now,id have spent that £460 on two cmh315 fixtures.there's just no light spread at all.unless your directly under it,your not getting any real intensity.just bits of stray light.ive got a lux meter on my soil ph probe(I know its shite,but still)if you hold it underneath it goess straight to 2000 and off the scale,move it a couple of inches to either side ,and it takes a nose dive ,way down to 5-600 lumen.im not saying they won't grow good bud,they will.its just the customer service,the shit intensity,and 0 light spread.money better spent elsewhere.hope you finally get at least a replacement,so you can ebay it.lol.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

We all had problems with them. My hangers failed as well so I used ratchet hangers to be safe. Aside from that they produced tons of heat for me and in the end I wasn't happy at all. Just recently I am starting to get diodes burning out on the panels and there not that old. These lights are crap

keiksweat

keiksweat

48 x 5w LED's not 3w I believe?, mine came in a couple days ago 96 x 5w
IMG_1212.JPG
good luck mate,I hope your one of the lucky one's.I got two 144x3watts.had them 15 month,already had a driver out,and now I've got a blinking diode that's just stopped blinking and gone out all together.if they spread the light better,and had half decent customer services,I'd say great.good luck pal.

420AD

Just my 2 cents in the research I have acquired . LED are like lasers and don't have a very wide area of lighting like a HID but is very strong in the area in does light . Could that be the reason for lack production . I don't really hear any complaints of the quality they produce . They need to create a led system that is alreast 4x4 in size to be a effective large grows just my opinion and greatly appreciate any other opinion on leds..

keiksweat

keiksweat

check out tastyled...they have pretty cheap panels,but using cree cxb3590 diodes with meanwell drives.and they do 3 different rates of how efficient they run at...thats the way to go.oh,and they do reflectors and optics to spread the intensity.Johnson led do good panels too.check em out.

S

serban

shame shame shame !!!
NICE......a chinese girl is winning a chinese contest !!!
with 500 likes in 7 weeks, and the other 500 in just 2 hours !!!
Why don`t you put smaller prizes if you cant give away to a stranger a worth of 700 $ prize
SHAME ON YOU , AND YOU costumer support = ZERO !!!!
details soon on WWW .MARSHYDRO-SCAM. COM!!!

coaldigger

coaldigger

If anybody got some tips or questions while using Mars Hydro light?;) This thread is for helping new growers to make the best decision, help the growers to resolve some problems while using it, or share your beautiful grow pics here.

As a new grower, It will be so helpful for my grow process , the same to other growers. :headphone::pompous::joyful:

Hello :)

glad to know your led light doesn't make any hot in your tent now, but i suggest you to use a little fan to move the air inside!it will help your plant to grow stonger, not only for move the air if it's too hot

Wish everyone happy growingggg:hungry::cat::shame::joyful:
I don't have any tips but I just unboxed my new Mars Hydro 48 LED light hope it works good

robomont

robomont

same 2 400 hps and bulbs for 4 years.heat is my only complaint.cree probably in my future.

Top Bottom