Is Anybody Using Mars Hydro Led Grow Light Now?

• Thread starter Yukido
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JPor

Yes, people need to start calling out this company out on all the blogs/internet on there cheap lights. As a new grower there is a lot of information to take in and I admit I got suckered in at the time.. but hopefully we can put some more information out to help make clear choices for newer growers. I am going to be posting some pics soon with a few of the issues I see with these lights and some of the responses I got from there costumer service.

Too true - but dont bother trying to post criticism on the mars youtube chans as they will flag you with a crappy youtube feature that means you will see your post but no-one else will. Try making sure you are logged out and go back and look.

I would go with the Meizhi or AGM cheaper chinese light options,
These so called 300w still arent as good as a decent 150 dual spec hid like a sunmaster.

The newer Mars ones even less so despite possibly being a little better red/blue par per watt - but 30% less watts at around 100w

All these led lights apart from some of the latest quite expensive cobs need more green light
or well trimmed plants to let light through.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Yes, people need to start calling out this company out on all the blogs/internet on there cheap lights. As a new grower there is a lot of information to take in and I admit I got suckered in at the time.. but hopefully we can put some more information out to help make clear choices for newer growers. I am going to be posting some pics soon with a few of the issues I see with these lights and some of the responses I got from there costumer service.

We did call them out, more than 2 years ago. Theres threads here about it here and I know Logic kicked them out of here for it.

DismalDude

DismalDude

I got a Mars 2 900 for free and use it for veg. It works great for me and it was free.Would I buy one?Nope.
I will be replacing it with quantum boards as soon as I can afford to do it.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I got a Mars 2 900 for free and use it for veg. It works great for me and it was free.Would I buy one?Nope.
I will be replacing it with quantum boards as soon as I can afford to do it.

I agree , I would probably use them for free LOL. I had the 600’s and I’m not saying they didn’t work.

My main issue was the parts were really cheap and didn’t last. When they failed , the warranty they offered was total crap.

They were very difficult to deal with, not professional at all. It was a hassle to even get them to take your issue serious.

And then the heat. Those fuckers put off some heat and didn’t even make sense to run in a small space which they actually marketed them for

Top Bottom