Is It Fair To Say That, Every Branch Reduces Cola Size?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

Mine are getting darker but nowhere near the black of those bad boys.
I've seen gelato 33 aka Larry bird on archives Instagram and it stands out like a turd in a punch bowl.its a cookie fam cut and nice.personally not a fan of cookie crosses,I'm way more into OG and chem shit.big cola og's all day.

G

Gtek

I will chime in here real quick.

So in my current grow i topped one plant much later than the other because it was growing slower and all i was interested in was an even canopy, i ended up manipulating height with tying regularly.
Long story short the plant that was topped later on developed 6-7 main colas that were dominant, with the rest of it being useless and underdeveloped, the other plant that was topped early has about 14 dominant main colas although not technically correct because of those 14 half of them are actually side branches of the side branches but at the same time equal in size with the other branches. Both plants from seed.... i dont know the genetics... now the plant with less main colas has much bigger colas, the plant with more colas has smaller ones, in the end however if i would put 2 of the smaller colas together it would be like one of the big ones probably a bit more so it somewhat evens out.

S

Shawnery

I was thinking more about this and wouldn't root system and sun leaves have more to do with this equation than anything else?

If you've got a smaller root system with 12 colas and they grow as big as a lighter let's say wouldn't the same plant with 6 colas be larger? Or a overly pruned plant with 12 colas as big as a lighter would have bigger colas with only 6 colas?

Or take two identically vegetative plants above the root system but one has a root system half the size of the other wouldn't the plant with the larger root system have larger colas.

So in the long run if everything else is equal in terms of growing conditions the two most important things would be the root system and foliage square footage?

S

Shawnery

Heisen,.

Here's the color of my girls now in the sunlight. Not sure why but you can't really see it under the LEDs.

Couple days left. The best are the leaves under other leaves. Everything below the main canopy is striped dark purple and green depending on where the light was hitting. Pretty cool, the reaction not the color!

20180618 153108
O

Onewomangrow

I remember browsing strains online reading growers notes and if I recall correctly gelato isn't known as a high yielding strain. what Strain had you grown prior? ..curious

S

Shawnery

This is only my second grow and my first was blue dream and golden ticket. Let's just say this grow didn't go perfect but it was still heads and tails above my first. I can tell these are on the small side but my first ones were tiny but really stony.

I've been doing some reading and most state that buds are on the smaller side with gelato. I'm sure they should be bigger though and next time they will be. It's amazing the learning curve in terms of growing but even more so with hydroponics.

G

Gtek

Yeah bigger root systems equal bigger yields. With soil big pots will produce big plants if everything is done right. The ammount of light a plant gets is a big factor in yield. You can grow 2 big plants in a 3x3 area and have the same yield as with 6 smaller ones. The more foliage a plant has the faster it grows because it can absorb more light at the same time nutrient uptake will be increased. In my case both plants take up roughly an equal amount of space with the only difference being the number of colas. They both get the same amount of light and I think that they just distribute the energy equally across the dominant branches.

G

Gtek

The power of cobs !!! Show-off haha nah but seeing your indoor plants looking like little outdoor versions is impressive. Whats those pots 10 gal ? I have made an observation before that plants seem to do better in a wider pot rather than a taller one, lets say 15 gal i would prefer a rectangular wide pot with at least the height of a 7-10 gallon instead of a super tall round one.

R

redlife215

you also don't grow two heads when it gets chopped off so I think it's fair to say cannabis and humans arent anatomically the same.

Oh well thanks Captain Obvious I know plants and humans aren't the same but the mentality of cooling off small bottom branches because the energy somehow is reverted to the main branch does it make any sense that's not what it's doing now turn right but thanks for your obvious dumbass f****** answer

G gnome

G gnome

Oh well thanks Captain Obvious I know plants and humans aren't the same but the mentality of cooling off small bottom branches because the energy somehow is reverted to the main branch does it make any sense that's not what it's doing now turn right but thanks for your obvious dumbass f****** answer

Easy big fella...dont let the dog off the leash...

R

redlife215

I compared the 2 cus it is the same principle. Both hukans and plants wont grow bigger branchedls if u cut off the others. So my comparison is valid nerd and i am pretty sure i am correct. Ur top buds dont get bigger if u plyck ur lowers. The subject of this thread ended up being more of a lst training/toppikg question tho so it is a different idea. Way to dug up an old post to try to troll me tho loser

R

redlife215

Hmm idk buddy i only groww 1000s of plants, ur still using vinegar to adjust ur ph lol

G gnome

G gnome

I compared the 2 cus it is the same principle. Both hukans and plants wont grow bigger branchedls if u cut off the others. So my comparison is valid nerd and i am pretty sure i am correct. Ur top buds dont get bigger if u plyck ur lowers. The subject of this thread ended up being more of a lst training/toppikg question tho so it is a different idea. Way to dug up an old post to try to troll me tho loser
For the record i maintained the original argument

R

redlife215

I was saying lower branches being taking off the plant dowsnt creat bigger upper branches. If light got the the lowers they would grow huge too. Example is old school grower krusty and his vertical lights. The reason u pluck em is so u get clean larf free main stems. Now if u top like the article is about then there is a redistribution of hormones and u get a bigger better canopy.

Top Bottom