Is It Possible To Influence Growth With Light Placement

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

Even though my canopy is receiving pretty even light my plants on the edges are falling behind. The plants that are falling behind are sativa while the ones doing well are indica. The problem was originally caused by my over de-foliation. The sativa's are having a harder time recovering from the stress which I've been told is strain related.

My question is this,

Can I cause the sativa's to catch up if I move the lights so that the indica's are receiving less light? I figure I can just move the lights over and tilt them a little.

Or should i just let it go and see what happens?

S

Shawnery

The first photo is the left side.
The second photo is the middle.
The third photo is the right side.

20171021 102236
20171021 102242
20171021 102221
S

Shawnery

Obviously you can affect plant growth with light placement so let me be more precise.

the question should have been stated more like this,

If I take my lights and place them more over the edges of my canopy will that cause the outer growth to catch up or will it just cause the inner growth to stretch more?

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Obviously you can affect plant growth with light placement so let me be more precise.

the question should have been stated more like this,

If I take my lights and place them more over the edges of my canopy will that cause the outer growth to catch up or will it just cause the inner growth to stretch more?
Are you in flower? How many days?
What kind of light? How big is the canopy?
If your light doesn't cover the full area we'll try to re arrange so your plants are in the optimal footprint
If they are and you're in early flower remember sativa have much longer flower times. Meaning flower initiation takes longer and the stretch may start a little later and last longer
Indicas may be done stretching in 10-14 days while it may take 19 days fo sativa s to even start stretch.
Just something to think about

S

Shawnery

Flower for 3 weeks.
4x400w cree, meaning they replace a 400 watt HPS each.
Canopy is roughly 5 ft by 4 ft.
Lights are placed perfectly to cover the entire canopy.

But if what you said about sativa stretching for longer and taking longer to begin stretches true that could explain the entire issue.

Dunge

Dunge

I can see the dark zones in your pictures.
Is this a camera fail, or a true thing?
Looks like your lights have no overlap at all.
Set them higher or get more lights.

S

Shawnery

I agree about the lights. The dead spot in the middle just started yesterday. They were busy recovering from my defoliation, bad boy. Then one day later and they just went gangbusters and drank more than ever before.

I have them really close, about 12 inches, I'll move them up to about 20. Give them some room to grow into.

20171021 154527
Top Bottom