Is It Time To Harvest?

• Thread starter mk23tas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mk23tas

mk23tas

I am in my 6th week of flowering with OG Kush and I am having a difficult time determining whether it is close to finishing. This is my third grow but first grow with OG Kush. Most of the pistils have turned red and about 5% of the trichomes have turned amber. I have a hard time determining if the trichomes are cloudy or clear so I can't give an estimate on cloudy and clear.
The plant has had an issue since the 2nd week of flowering that has turned a lot of the leaves brown and some to fall off.
According to online some people have said that OG Kush can flower in as little as 7 weeks. I was wondering if either I am close to harvest or somehow the stress has caused the plant to finish early.
Just wondering what other peoples opinions are. I don't have a decent enough camera to take any quality photos to show the trichomes.

300 watt led
Ocean Forest soil
indoor tent
ocean forest nutrients
carbon filter with circulating air

Monster762

Monster762

I am in my 6th week of flowering with OG Kush and I am having a difficult time determining whether it is close to finishing. This is my third grow but first grow with OG Kush. Most of the pistils have turned red and about 5% of the trichomes have turned amber. I have a hard time determining if the trichomes are cloudy or clear so I can't give an estimate on cloudy and clear.
The plant has had an issue since the 2nd week of flowering that has turned a lot of the leaves brown and some to fall off.
According to online some people have said that OG Kush can flower in as little as 7 weeks. I was wondering if either I am close to harvest or somehow the stress has caused the plant to finish early.
Just wondering what other peoples opinions are. I don't have a decent enough camera to take any quality photos to show the trichomes.

300 watt led
Ocean Forest soil
indoor tent
ocean forest nutrients
carbon filter with circulating air
I’d push it closer to 8 weeks. 60 days so you’d want to cut hard nutes around end week 6 n push just water n carbs. Like molasses or bud candy til chop. Once the plant runs out of nutes in the soil the leaves will start fading. Also it will still ripen more once you cut nutes. I think they ripen faster when the nutes are stripped. I’ve finished a legend ogk x ecsd in 53 days. But it could have stayed another week. Id feed til you hit day 1 week 7 then water only til she looks right. But try to hold 8 weeks.
One note I’ve made. There is a point during flush where the plant smells stronger n stronger then the next day you’ll go to the room/tent n it’s not as powerful. Doesn’t curl nosehairs anymore. That’s usually what tells me I’m done flush n chop.

mk23tas

mk23tas

I’d push it closer to 8 weeks. 60 days so you’d want to cut hard nutes around end week 6 n push just water n carbs. Like molasses or bud candy til chop. Once the plant runs out of nutes in the soil the leaves will start fading. Also it will still ripen more once you cut nutes. I think they ripen faster when the nutes are stripped. I’ve finished a legend ogk x ecsd in 53 days. But it could have stayed another week. Id feed til you hit day 1 week 7 then water only til she looks right. But try to hold 8 weeks.
One note I’ve made. There is a point during flush where the plant smells stronger n stronger then the next day you’ll go to the room/tent n it’s not as powerful. Doesn’t curl nosehairs anymore. That’s usually what tells me I’m done flush n chop.

I am going to wait longer but I was just curious if it is possible to finish early. I have some kind of nutrient deficiency but I haven't been able to figure it out. I thought it is a calcium issue but adding more calcium didn't affect it. I stopped trying new things because the plant keeps growing even though the leaves are dying. The buds seems to still be fattening up so I don't want to cut it just yet.
I don't think I can go by smell anymore. I think I got used to the smell and can't really smell it anymore.

Dbear180

Dbear180

A picture is worth 1000 responses.... or at least like 5 responses... maybe.

ethcan

ethcan

Post some photos.

I have never harvested an OG before 70 days... the longer you let that plant go, the better and heavier your crop will be.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
The sugar leaves are not accurate for determining trichome colours. You have to look at the calyxes as you will trim out most of the sugar leaves and you’ll end up smoking the calyxes.

Top Bottom