Is It Time To Switch To Bloom Nutes, And How?

• Thread starter chuey316
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuey316

chuey316

This girl is an Auto #1 from autoseeds. It's 46 days from sprout and has been feed veg nutes with an NPK of 12-4-8, at 20% strength. Does it look like it's time to introduce bloom nutes? If so, would i just do 1/2 veg, and half bloom, at reduced strength, and work the bloom % up with each feeding? Here are a couple pics.

Is it time to switch to bloom nutes and how

Is it time to switch to bloom nutes and how 2

brazel

brazel

I don't know if you're are serious or just fucking around!
But I'll entertain
Why are you feeding at 20%!?
How do they get the other 80%?
Bloom nutes.... um is it blooming!?
Half veg and half bloom!? What half of the plant is blooming? Pour it on that half!
Work the bloom percentage up? So it'll get all the bloom it needs when it's done blooming:/

If you truly need advice, I'll go deeper but otherwise that was funny

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Definitely use flower nutes

however autos only need 25-33% of the nutes most of the nutes recommend. she will probably be ready to harvest in 3-5 weeks
This girl is an Auto #1 from autoseeds. It's 46 days from sprout and has been feed veg nutes with an NPK of 12-4-8, at 20% strength. Does it look like it's time to introduce bloom nutes? If so, would i just do 1/2 veg, and half bloom, at reduced strength, and work the bloom % up with each feeding? Here are a couple pics.

View attachment 747212
View attachment 747213

brazel

brazel

Definitely use flower nutes

however autos only need 25-33% of the nutes most of the nutes recommend. she will probably be ready to harvest in 3-5 weeks
Of course cause autos only grow 25-33%...or does the size of the plant relate to time and not nutes... being that it's grown in optimal conditions?
Where's this info come, I'd love to read it!
And then critique it! How could a plant only need a quarter of recommended nutes!?

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

most autos only get 2-3 feet tall. Smaller plant means less nutes are required.

most autos are ready to harvest 55-75 days after it pops out of the ground.

I wish autos would get the respect they deserve. great plants for patients to grow.

small size so stealth grow is easy.
big producers 100 or more grams per meter. there is one strain that is said to produce 100 grams per plant.

easy to grow.

You Don need two or more tents. you can have seedlings, veg growth, and flower plants all in the same tent with the same 18/6 light cycle.

matures fast 55-80 days so you can get an extra crop in because Ruderalis form of marijuana grows in the far north of Russia. this gives it the short growth cycle and autofloering capability.

most of the auto forms of strains you see are 85-90% the strain listed and 10-15% Ruderalis.

there is one downside. most strains are only 15-19% THC. but higher in CBD because that is Ruderalis's thing.

PERFECT PLANTS for MMJ patients such as myself.

next year I will grow autos.

24 Carat by Mephisto
and Critical by Kera seeds.

I don't know if you're are serious or just fucking around!
But I'll entertain
Why are you feeding at 20%!?
How do they get the other 80%?
Bloom nutes.... um is it blooming!?
Half veg and half bloom!? What half of the plant is blooming? Pour it on that half!
Work the bloom percentage up? So it'll get all the bloom it needs when it's done blooming:/

If you truly need advice, I'll go deeper but otherwise that was funny

brazel

brazel

most autos only get 2-3 feet tall. Smaller plant means less nutes are required.

most autos are ready to harvest 55-75 days after it pops out of the ground.

I wish autos would get the respect they deserve. great plants for patients to grow.

small size so stealth grow is easy.
big producers 100 or more grams per meter. there is one strain that is said to produce 100 grams per plant.

easy to grow.

You Don need two or more tents. you can have seedlings, veg growth, and flower plants all in the same tent with the same 18/6 light cycle.

matures fast 55-80 days so you can get an extra crop in because Ruderalis form of marijuana grows in the far north of Russia. this gives it the short growth cycle and autofloering capability.

most of the auto forms of strains you see are 85-90% the strain listed and 10-15% Ruderalis.

there is one downside. most strains are only 15-19% THC. but higher in CBD because that is Ruderalis's thing.

PERFECT PLANTS for MMJ patients such as myself.

next year I will grow autos.

24 Carat by Mephisto
and Critical by Kera seeds.

brazel

brazel

Autos are awesome but just cuz they're smaller doesn't mean they need less I've seen mini people midgets or dwarfs whenever you call them eat way more than me!

I'd grow stretch genetics!

Bump up your feedings! Seriously!, what have you got to lose 30 or 40 days

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I read that in tge kindle book "Goring Autoflower..." Justin Griswell and co author.

he recommended 25% nutes max. I read others from seed banks recommend up to 33% max but can site those.

Of course cause autos only grow 25-33%...or does the size of the plant relate to time and not nutes... being that it's grown in optimal conditions?
Where's this info come, I'd love to read it!
And then critique it! How could a plant only need a quarter of recommended nutes!?

brazel

brazel

I read that in tge kindle book "Goring Autoflower..." Justin Griswell and co author.

he recommended 25% nutes max. I read others from seed banks recommend up to 33% max but can site those.
Then test for yourself, I grew autos no different from anything else minus the light and time

chuey316

chuey316

I'm a new grower and learning as I go. This is my 2nd grow. My last grow was 3 cash crop autos. I got 4.75oz dry. All three got stunted after popping soil. The bigger 2 were equal in size and came in at 2oz each, and the 3rd was badly stunted and only yielded 3/4oz. I just hoping to learn more with each grow and get better.

I just wasn't sure if you introduce bloom nutes when pistles have formed, or when it starts to bud.

gwheels

gwheels

Generally follow the idea of the nute schedule from your brand
As soon as pistols start to form you are in transition nutes then 2 weeks after bloom nutes. The stretch will stop and i usually stop calmag at that time regardless of recommendation

And the amount they can take is really dependent on the strain. I had some that burned at 50% and some that took full strength. I like photos better but autos can be very nice.

chuey316

chuey316

How long would you say it has? Strain info says 60-70 days, but I don't see it finishing in the next 18 days.

gwheels

gwheels

Autos can burn up fast if you use 100% strength. When you cut the nutes to 30 or 50 % it is not because you put it on half of the plant (OMG really???) it is because they will burn to shit if you hit them to hard too fast.
I know because I have grown a few of them. Some have been very receptive to nutes and some not so much. You have 3 to 5 weeks to go from that last pic. Give them bloom nutes for 3 weeks and water flush for 2 and then you should be able to chop and dry. Watch the trich colour to give a better indication but also look at the plant.
At the point you are at now I would be doing bloom nutes. I think your yellowing leaves (or slight change of colour) are a result of the high phosphorus from grow nutes. Switch them to bloom to get the buds to fatten up (P and K of nutes)
They will look like how leaves change in the fall as they mature.
And trichs will get candy cane looking with milky colour and 20 to 30 % amber if you can wait that long :)

Maybe where you are the leaves do not change colour but google that shit and you will get it :)

dan1989

dan1989

The question is, why would you give 100% nute strength? Do that and when it comes to harvest, you'll probably find your leaves will be dark dark green, and you'll be dealing with some nasty tasting weed. The advice I was given is that you really don't want to give the plant the maximum it can take. You want to keep it on the edge of hungry. I would refer to the fat cat analogy. A fat cat is well fed, but far from a healthy specimen. You want to give it just enough to keep vigorous growth and bloom, but why give it more than it needs? Fan leaves want to be light green. Dark green and it means plenty of nutes are present and feed strength should be decreased until a healthy green colour is achieved.

In my opinion

chuey316

chuey316

Thanks guys. After reading your posts, I went back and looked at the pics. I see in the pics how the leaves look different colors, but they're really not. They're actually all one color throughout the whole plant.

For some reason whenever I take pics in the cab, the camera on my phone really messes with the color/shading, especially when taking closeups. Not sure if it's the lighting or what, but where the bottom leaves look so much lighter, there's a 5 bulb fixture just out of view on the pics. Maybe cut the lights and use the flash?

I did some google searching, and found a pic of a plant with leaves that are the same color and shade as mine.

Frlexo50

R

ROOBIX

Nice reading about autos. Might give em a try.
Thx
And dont be a dick just cuz someone wants to learn.

gwheels

gwheels

The light green on top is normal. It is the colour of new growth. When the bottom leaves turn pale yellow in numbers it is usually a deficiency or locked out nutrient. BUT autos will do that as they get mature. Week 7 to 11 or so they will turn like a tree in the fall. I have fucked up more autos than anyone but my first grow with my MCOB light (550 watts) produced close to 10 ounces with 8 autos. And it was all pretty damned good weed. Canuck quarter pounder. trans siberian from auto seeds and speed seeds afghan kush ryder. Stellar quality. I think autos have their place. For me I am working on the confines of our 4 plant max and I have a 4 plant auto watering system. It is why I like photos because I can bush them out and train them to fit within the 4 x 4 and under 100 CM and fill a tent :D.
But I cut my teeth on autos. I love them. They just keep getting better.

chuey316

chuey316

Thanks gwheels. A quick update I started giving bloom nutes at 25% and moved up a bit with each feeding. I'm at 35% now, and the plant is doing good. Pretty much the same size, but alot more leaf coverage, and the buds are starting to fill out more, and the sugar leaves are starting to frost.

Top Bottom