is it too late to top/super crop?

• Thread starter xxedgexx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

xxedgexx

I have a sour diesel about 1 week into flowering. Is it too late to super crop? It's between 3 and 4 ft tall. Very minor signs of budding at the moment. I believe it's a 10 - 12 week flower cycle for this strain. Should I top? I never topped before but I read this strain benefits well from topping.

thanks

C

Core

do not top it...that is done in early flower to multipli you stems...
as for cropping that is also normally done in veg....this way the sideshoot of the branches will come up....i would recommend bending and LST ing her....this way you won't stress her to much in flower...although you could cropp her if you want to because it is still early in flower.....it all depends on howmany stems you have on that plant....

X

xxedgexx

Thanks! I'm going to try super cropping. Never did it before so I'll try a branch or two.

Also, with the LST, is there a name for whatever is used to tie it down?

thanks!

P

ProGroWannabe

Yeah I use monofilament fishing line....lol. Some use yarn, basically whatever you have that you can tie a knot in.

There is one product called Bendz (I think) but I've never used them. I think Fast Forward is using them in his grow.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I super crop thru flower as long as they stretch I'm cropping them . I'd say for the first 2 weeks but never top them babies in flower .

R

Robert

Bend her over

Bend her over, if she is too tall.
Do not top her now.

S

s4m

hello peep's

1 week into flower I bent my Medman and Critical Mass over. They where 5 1/2 feet tall now 4 1/2 and looking great. Most of the branches are sorted some did need coaxing lol
And me budage is sweet.

s4m

X

xxedgexx

I did a couple bends just to see what would happen, plus I never did it before. It's looking quite good. Thanks!

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Do the roughest bending on younger more pliable stems as early as you can predict the optimum direction for the branch to go. Less chance of a clean snap or break. If the stem is already hardened you can bend it over a couple of days.

The earlier you lst the bigger the bud produced by the side branches.

j wizzle

j wizzle

never too late!

it is certainly too late to top...you are basically pulling off buds...

you can always bend and LST though to keep an even canopy. just dont bend over a firm branch too much or it wont pop back up.

D

danko

good info. my shits are 4.5 ft and im just switching the lights today! i was told not to crop within 2 weeks of flowering for best results so thats what i was sticking with. what do you guys think about that??? any truth to that at all? my first time cropping so....

S

Sostoned420

i have super cropped 3 to 4 weeks in to flower due to strech and lights being to close and honstly buds was alil bugger.but my plants that was super cropped took week longer to finsh except 1

Top Bottom