Is it true New Mexico is in a Cannabis shrotage?

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`ve read a few places that there is a shortage of Medical Cannabis in the State and wonder at this when just a few States over in Cali it seems flooded.

waayne

waayne

There'a no shortage in NM Mark
The states nonprofit mmj producers have been lobbying for more plant numbers......hence the shortage...lmao

They have said repeatedly there's
a shortage.......which is bull shit.......

The only thing in short supply in NM...is quality AAA meds......there's a flood of indoor and outdoor from Cali,and Colorado in NM
just gotta know where to look......

painkills2

painkills2

"just gotta know where to look"?

As a medical cannabis patient in Albuquerque who suffers from intractable pain, I have come to the conclusion that there is not a producer in New Mexico who can produce the strength that I need, especially with any reliability.

So, please... someone, help me out here. A clue on where to look? Something? Anything?

Otherwise, I'm headed for Colorado or Cali, as soon as I can afford to move. The medical cannabis program here in New Mexico is never going to get any better -- it's had the same problems since its inception. The recent suggestions by the Department of Health to increase plant count and add producers is like putting a bandaid on a broken bone. Well, that's my opinion, anyway.

painkills2

painkills2

Seamaiden: Really appreciate the response (any response, really), but I am not a grower. And while I usually go the trouble of explaining why I'm unable to grow, at this point, it really doesn't matter. I'm looking for what waayne mentioned:

"...there's a flood of indoor and outdoor from Cali, and Colorado in NM, just gotta know where to look..."

painkills2

painkills2

It is my understanding that there aren't any vacancies in the Medical Cannabis Program at the DOH, and their "Strategic Plan" for 2015 does not include plans to hire anyone (even with the currently proposed expansion). As for Governor Susana, I don't think she has any interest in the MCP -- she has much bigger fish to fry.

And I was under the impression that quality and strength of medical cannabis in Colorado is far superior to that of New Mexico. But since I have no personal experience with Colorado bud, I'm not qualified to judge.

(Who's Hank? And why is his ghost so angry?)

painkills2

painkills2

MakinGoo: Loved Breaking Bad! I guess it's just been so long since I thought about Hank (or Walt and Jesse) that the name didn't register. But I'm still confused as to who Hank is supposed to be going after... although I'm thinking it's probably Cannafab14.

Cannafab14: Dude, you'd be surprised at the selection of edibles in New Mexico (soon to require testing). I've tried my share, but edibles aren't really my thing. (Talk about old school, right?) It's nice to hear there are growers helping out patients -- maybe one day I'll run into one.

I'm beginning to understand why edibles and extracts are so popular -- I think it's more about the cost than preferring the effects. Millions of MMJ patients with a limited amount of funds are reaching for the cheapest way to obtain cannabis' benefits, and concentrated formulas are more bang for the buck. And I'm going to assume that many patients (like me) are tired of shelling out money for bud that's not strong enough. It's kinda like paying for Vicodin and getting aspirin (both of which are so very much cheaper than medical marijuana).

Your assertion that personal growers are producing better quality than dispensaries is one that I've heard often. (And at better prices.) It's like some fantasy land that I've read about, but never experienced. So, yeah, it must be nice, but I'm feeling a little disgruntled about not having access to Budworld.

ImagesCARSQPFK
S

StonerCasper

As a medical cannabis patient in Albuquerque who suffers from intractable pain, I have come to the conclusion that there is not a producer in New Mexico who can produce the strength that I need, especially with any reliability.

So, please... someone, help me out here. A clue on where to look? Something? Anything?

well im not to sure if you have already tried all the producers in the Albuquerque area and/or delivery producers like GrassRoots RX???
Do you know about NM Brief Relief Medical Cannabis Consultants out of Albuquerque?? Go or call them and they can help you out with anything that you need relating to the MCP. There next door to High Desert Relief Producer (505) 433-1773 is there office number.

painkills2

painkills2

As a matter of fact, I just received a delivery from GRRX on Friday. It was the second time I've tried them. Both times, I was partly relying on the positive reviews that you have posted all over the net. Unfortunately, this recent purchase was not even as strong as the last one -- their top-shelf Bubba Berry -- which was only strong enough for mild to moderate pain. The one I purchased Friday was as strong as a tobacco cigarette. Just my opinion, of course.

And, pray tell, what can Brief Relief do for me? If you've read my posts in this thread, you would know that I don't grow. But as it is time for my renewal, I did try to contact them once, by phone and through their website -- I even sent an email to their neighbor, High Desert -- but I haven't tried again. To be honest, I'm not sure I want to renew. It's obvious I can't afford this high-priced, exclusive club.

As for the other dispensary that you love to recommend, SWOP: I visited once, and they were all out of bud. Since then, I haven't seen any bud on their website that's over 20% THC. And their prices are more ridiculous than most other producers.

So, StonerCasper, is there any other advice you would like to impart? Or do I need to send you a check before you "hook" me up?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

As a matter of fact, I just received a delivery from GRRX on Friday. It was the second time I've tried them. Both times, I was partly relying on the positive reviews that you have posted all over the net. Unfortunately, this recent purchase was not even as strong as the last one -- their top-shelf Bubba Berry -- which was only strong enough for mild to moderate pain. The one I purchased Friday was as strong as a tobacco cigarette. Just my opinion, of course.

And, pray tell, what can Brief Relief do for me? If you've read my posts in this thread, you would know that I don't grow. But as it is time for my renewal, I did try to contact them once, by phone and through their website -- I even sent an email to their neighbor, High Desert -- but I haven't tried again. To be honest, I'm not sure I want to renew. It's obvious I can't afford this high-priced, exclusive club.

As for the other dispensary that you love to recommend, SWOP: I visited once, and they were all out of bud. Since then, I haven't seen any bud on their website that's over 20% THC. And their prices are more ridiculous than most other producers.

So, StonerCasper, is there any other advice you would like to impart? Or do I need to send you a check before you "hook" me up?
Have you tried Natural Rx?

painkills2

painkills2

caveman4.20: While experimenting with yet another producer is certainly one of my options, albeit an expensive one, I'm really seeking the information mentioned at the top of this thread by waayne. Perhaps I am naĂŻve to think that someone on this website will help me -- and, believe me, I'm not expecting or counting on it -- but I've already analyzed all my options, and finding this information is my first choice.

Cannafab14: Dude, I don't grow. I can't grow. I don't want to grow. In other words, growing is not an option. I know, I've posted on a grower's website... what was I expecting? Considering the information I am seeking, it seemed the best choice. (And waayne mentioned it first.) But, hey, like I said, I'm not expecting any miracles.

I do appreciate the responses. (I think.) And I'm sorry for being cranky -- it just seems like wherever I turn, I hit a brick wall. Unfortunately, I keep hitting this brick wall with my head, and my head is really starting to hurt.

Johnny Fire

Johnny Fire

Ya nm needs better meds...but miss maiden is right... grow ur own or be at the mercy of other growers. There is fire in nm.. and some really good growers.. too bad non of them are producers. .... cali is where u want to be for great meds imo...so what I say to u painkills2 is
1382174 281218508710178 292552233 n

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
caveman4.20: While experimenting with yet another producer is certainly one of my options, albeit an expensive one, I'm really seeking the information mentioned at the top of this thread by waayne. Perhaps I am naĂŻve to think that someone on this website will help me -- and, believe me, I'm not expecting or counting on it -- but I've already analyzed all my options, and finding this information is my first choice.

Cannafab14: Dude, I don't grow. I can't grow. I don't want to grow. In other words, growing is not an option. I know, I've posted on a grower's website... what was I expecting? Considering the information I am seeking, it seemed the best choice. (And waayne mentioned it first.) But, hey, like I said, I'm not expecting any miracles.

I do appreciate the responses. (I think.) And I'm sorry for being cranky -- it just seems like wherever I turn, I hit a brick wall. Unfortunately, I keep hitting this brick wall with my head, and my head is really starting to hurt.
I don't want to be a downer, but the thing is this--there aren't really that many NM growers here, let alone dispensaries with their own forums here. In fact, the vast majority of postings and participation you're going to see here are from people who are growing their own and/or supplying outfits like dispensaries. I, for example, have yet to ever set foot inside a dispensary here in California.

If you were asking about dispensaries in states where we have a lot more members living, then you'd probably have a much easier time getting the information, and to a dispensary of your liking.

I can't even say that Weed Maps is reliable, much of the information I've found through it is outdated. We all wish we could help you and the best we can come up with is grow your own. I totally hear and understand you that it's not an option, but outside of that, the community seems to be out of options for your specific needs.

painkills2

painkills2

I wasn't really asking about dispensaries, as the past year has given me enough information on all of them. However, I'm sure there are thousands of New Mexicans looking for, and not finding, the information they need to navigate the maze. I've done what I can to increase the amount of information available on the internet for patients in New Mexico. (And patients will have to learn how to use google.)

I wish I was some young hipster who could blend in at a college campus and make connections the good old fashioned way. I mean, I've even thought about hanging out at Frontier, just to see... what I could see. (Still an option, if I get desperate enough.)

Anyway, I'm stuck here for awhile, but I plan on making a trip to Colorado to see what all the fuss is about. Heck, I might even drive to California. As a cannabis lover, I should be able to say that I've tried strains from both states. (And maybe Oregon too?)

Thanks for responding everybody. Happy almost-4/20.

Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket

Most of the strains you find on the menu at the "dispensaries" here in NM are the same seed strains you can buy from Amsterdam. Poorly grown by folks that don't know/care about the plant only the bucks. Medibles is providing another outlet for their trim and whatever kief they scruff off the buds prior to packing for storage until sale.

Only good strain I've seen is Shoreline (Santa Fe) but its almost never in supply and costs the most of any zip in NM. That's w most being $400.

Easier to grow my own and I grow better strains.

YJ

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter

Otherwise, I'm headed for Colorado or Cali, as soon as I can afford to move. The medical cannabis program here in New Mexico is never going to get any better -- it's had the same problems since its inception. The recent suggestions by the Department of Health to increase plant count and add producers is like putting a bandaid on a broken bone. Well, that's my opinion, anyway.
come up to the durango area of colorado.

Latest posts

Top Bottom