Is My Bud Ready?

• Thread starter Paulcnumber3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Paulcnumber3

Paulcnumber3

first time grower. Bought my house four months ago and started growing in my basement. I have Mylar around a 600 watt led light and a 300 watt led side lighting. I only used organic "flower girl" nutrients. And grew in 10 gallon pots. I grew three different kinds of auto flowering and auto feminized seeds. Wish I kept my pots labeled but ended up forgetting too. Long story short. I had a small seedling at may 7th now I can't tell if it's easy for me to harvest. One plant looks much closer then the others with about 80% of the hairs turning brown. It seems that the tricombs are a semi milky white. What you guys think. Is this lady ready? Pictures below

IMG 0443
IMG 0464
IMG 0474
IMG 0475
IMG 0476
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I would get a loupe and check up close myself....lookin at hairs dont work in my opinion...i have had plants with all red hairs at week 3 of bud before
Agreed. Find 20 trichomes on a leaf.

2-3 trichomes amber 10+ cloudy abd you're reafy to chop.

More amber means cannabinoids are breaking down.

Paulcnumber3

Paulcnumber3

Okay boys I went out and got me a little hand held "microscope" here's what my trichomes look like. What do you think. It's my first time and I'm not sure if she's ready yet. She sure looks and smells ready but he other two autos I planted at the same time are just starting to bud now. Need some expertise. The bud was from the bottom of the plant.

IMG 0526
IMG 0527
IMG 0528
IMG 0529
IMG 0530
IMG 0531
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Well they look pretty clear still. For optimal potency, go for white, cloudy. But going by what I've read, pick them now for an energetic but less potent high. This a very helpful page when referring to this matter: http://www.growweedeasy.com/harvest

When to harvest cannabis diagram
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Looks ready to me except that theres no fade, I would flush it for 5 to 10 days then chop. Looks like you are in for a really stoney crop, those are great for edibles.
Just saw that you said the bud was from the bottom, its best to do 3 or 4 readings on different spots.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Looks ready to me except that theres no fade, I would flush it for 5 to 10 days then chop. Looks like you are in for a really stoney crop, those are great for edibles.
Just saw that you said the bud was from the bottom, its best to do 3 or 4 readings on different spots.
Oh wow I didn't even notice. Some of the trics look like they're growing those amber colored tips. Good observation. They might actually be overdue.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

You know what? Eff it. They're just right. Lol. Flush and cut I say.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Oh wow I didn't even notice. Some of the trics look like they're growing those amber colored tips. Good observation. They might actually be overdue.
Its hard to see the amber with a bright light on.

Paulcnumber3

Paulcnumber3

Fade? Stoney crop?
Just chopped the whole thing down and trimmed it came to 215grams but it's drying now

IMG 0532
IMG 0533
IMG 0535
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Fade? Stoney crop?
Just chopped the whole thing down and trimmed it came to 215grams but it's drying now
If you give it straight water the last 10 to 14 days the plant will use the clorophyll in the leaves as food and the fan leaves will fade to fall colors.
When you let a plant get too amber it will make you feel like the sandman threw sleepy sand in your eyes and you are glued to the couch.
Flushing until theres a good fade before the chop makes for a much smoother non harsh smoke.

Perception

Perception

I have a hard time seeing the transition from clear to cloudy on the trichomes. But I've found that this is harder in my tent, under light.

On Monday, I pulled a plant out to chop, and put it on porch to take some photos. I immediately noticed that I was wrong in my decision to chop (trichomes clear), so threw it back in. Anyways, try moving plant to natural light if you are unsure.

I'm on my 5th grow, and am still very unsure, haha. But I feel like there is this day that comes, when you walk in and suddenly it looks like snow just landed on all the buds (naked eye). I feel like this has always been about 1 week before harvest for me.

H

heisen

that plant still had 3 weeks.Autos are hard to tell.you probably screwed yourself out some good weight by chopping to early.They usually put on the weight the last couple weeks and the leaves will turn colors.All your fans were still green as could be.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

first time grower. Bought my house four months ago and started growing in my basement. I have Mylar around a 600 watt led light and a 300 watt led side lighting. I only used organic "flower girl" nutrients. And grew in 10 gallon pots. I grew three different kinds of auto flowering and auto feminized seeds. Wish I kept my pots labeled but ended up forgetting too. Long story short. I had a small seedling at may 7th now I can't tell if it's easy for me to harvest. One plant looks much closer then the others with about 80% of the hairs turning brown. It seems that the tricombs are a semi milky white. What you guys think. Is this lady ready? Pictures below
Kind of hard to tell from the pics. I think I would have went just a little longer but I think you're so close it's still going to be Dynamite.

NewOldGuy

NewOldGuy

Don't go by sugar leaves. They amber before buds. From my findings and reading.
I am in the same position. I have a microscope and need to clip something from the plant to check these trichomes. So what do you all recommend I check, what part of the buds / leaves should I be checking.

Remember I need to clip something and I really don't want to clip a whole but right now!

Thanks for your time

Top Bottom