Is My Super Skunk Autoflower Ready To Harvest?

• Thread starter Ashephard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

What are u thinking? Another week? I may just chop the top cola lower the lights and give em another week.... What u think?

I thought about doing this but what I decided to do was harvest all at the same time so the top would be more couchlock and the lower would be more heady.

S

Shawnery

I thought one of the signs that cannabis was ready for harvest was not only color of trichomes but the falling over of the head, anyone got a comment?

On topic, sort of.

I'd think you have another week or two but I like 50/50 cloudy and amber

Ashephard

Ashephard

I thought one of the signs that cannabis was ready for harvest was not only color of trichomes but the falling over of the head, anyone got a comment?

On topic, sort of.

I'd think you have another week or two but I like 50/50 cloudy and amber
Im told Autos dont really amber up since they get so many hours of light...

Ashephard

Ashephard

I guess my views are better then the pics I got but I see 95% cloudy and about 5% amber on top colas.... No clear Trichomes... I compared very closely...

S

Shawnery

Some people will harvest now but some will harvest with 50/50 cloudy/amber. It all depends on the type of high you are attempting to intensify.

I did some research and autos can and will amber but there are few strains that are auto or regular that won't amber. If you see any amber I would assume you have the type that does.

I waited till 50/50 and was very happy but than again i love an expansive body high.

Ashephard

Ashephard

Harvested, trimed and hanged main top colas. The rest of the plant is in the cab with the photos... Since I have more space and these will get even taller im super cropping the hell out of them. Will harvest the rest of the plant in a week or so...
20180810 012703 Film4
20180810 012719 Film4
20180810 012719 Film4

S

Shawnery

How was your experience using what I assume are 3" cups? I've used 5" the last two times and was happy but tried 3" this time.

What size was your rockwool cube before you covered it in the hydroton? I also tried going without any substrate this round as well and am using foam collars to support it until the scrog is up.

Anyways how was the experience with smaller cups?

Ashephard

Ashephard

The net cups aren't 2 stable once the plants get very large. Also I used Rapid Rooters not rockwool... I prefer them over rockwool...

S

Shawnery

Bought clones are else there would be only roots. I need to start cloning myself so I can root them with nothing.

SSlayer69

SSlayer69

Im fairly happy with this one plant. I feel like more then anything I learned alot....
Moving for im going to run 1 plant per strain and no more then 3 plants. Next run once I get the space cleared I will use scrog net....
We all say that my friend " I swear honey on1 plant" the next season " but honey I sweat only 3 this time. No more" the next season the wife " HOLY FUCK HOW MANY PLANTS DO YOI HAVE GOING?!!!! good luck and happy growing bro. It's a addiction.

Ashephard

Ashephard

2 super skunk autos that were not autos I put them in the dark for 36 hrs and they started flowering.
I switched them to 12/12 but I also have the bottom section of the harvested auto finishing up.

My question is not that these plants are flowering can I switch them back to 16/8 or so the autos can finish or should I keep them on 12/12?

20180812 010343 Film4
20180812 010338 Film4
Ashephard

Ashephard

Well I made a couple mistakes in the first half of the crop... The best half unfortunately. I had a fan place directly on them witch was compounded by over trimming... They really seem to have lost all there smell and are kinda ugly.

The second batch of the lower plant i kept all the sugar leaves on and they dried much slower, still have there smell and the tricomes are much more visible...

I think I mostly lost smell hopefully not to much potentcy... Overall im pretty much happy with the yeild. It was pretty much 1 plant.

The photo Super Skunks are flowering nicely and I have some gold leaf coming behind it...

This gold leaf seedling is pretty resilent. I pretty much melted half the plant when the T5 fell on it without me knowing... Seem to be doing ok though... The last pic is right after it happened. And the second to last is how it looks now...View attachment 2487410 View attachment 2487411 View attachment 2487412View attachment 2487413
20180815 010826 Film4 1 1

20180815 012551 Film4
20180815 012532 Film4
20180808 232755 Film4
Top Bottom