• Thread starter Eyebedam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Is she ready?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Eyebedam

Eyebedam

I'm thinking about cutting her down Sunday & start my drying process.. most of the fan leaves & others are turning & starting to fall off. Here a couple pics. Any advice & thoughts are appreciated. It's my first ever grow, so I'm learning as I go.

IMG 7976
IMG 7977
IMG 7978
IMG 7979
IMG 7980
Dunge

Dunge

This one is a "growers option"call.
The supporting veg looks so fall, it outweighs the few late white pistols.
I'd take her.

Dan789

Dan789

What’s your ratio of cloudy to amber trichomes? (On buds only). If you don’t have 10% amber, wait till you get there.

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

What’s your ratio of cloudy to amber trichomes? (On buds only). If you don’t have 10% amber, wait till you get there.

I will check this evening, I looked Sunday but it's so hard to tell with this little eBay loop that I have.

Monster762

Monster762

Looking good. I agree I’d ignore the few white pistils. It’s real close.

Dan789

Dan789

Here’s something that I’m using, it attaches to your phone camera by several means, either through a case or some even just clip to the phone. Not very expensive and allow you to use spacers to suspend your phone/camera over your buds to see what’s going on.

97B577E3 6CFC 4D74 8EE8 0C7D1FE4AF8E
Eyebedam

Eyebedam

So just looked today. I don't really see any amber, I do see some milky from what I can tell

dan1989

dan1989

Personally as soon as I saw yellowing on the sugar leaves I'd cut any losses and chop. I'm an amateur but you flushed/stopped feeding too early imo. I would want to give another week but you're cutting it close. Why not take a small sample bud, do a quick dry (someone will hate me for saying that,) and do a smoke test. It won't taste ready but if it gets you high things will only get better with a proper dry and cure. Just my opinion man, I could be talking shit.

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

Personally as soon as I saw yellowing on the sugar leaves I'd cut any losses and chop. I'm an amateur but you flushed/stopped feeding too early imo. I would want to give another week but you're cutting it close. Why not take a small sample bud, do a quick dry (someone will hate me for saying that,) and do a smoke test. It won't taste ready but if it gets you high things will only get better with a proper dry and cure. Just my opinion man, I could be talking shit.

Just out of curiosity why would you chop a thing the very first sign of yellowing? It's a auto & only has a predetermined life cycle to begin with, I would think as the sugar leaves yellow, the plant is putting its remaining focus on the buds themselves.. it was a estimated of 70 Day plant. I'm at Day 83, with the exception of 4 small feedings total & a handful of cal/mag applications, it's been just ph'8 water & organic soil blend.

dan1989

dan1989

Just out of curiosity why would you chop a thing the very first sign of yellowing? It's a auto & only has a predetermined life cycle to begin with, I would think as the sugar leaves yellow, the plant is putting its remaining focus on the buds themselves.. it was a estimated of 70 Day plant. I'm at Day 83, with the exception of 4 small feedings total & a handful of cal/mag applications, it's been just ph'8 water & organic soil blend.

Ahh auto. My bad I didn't read the thread fully. The reason I say about the yellow sugar leaves is it's my understanding that yellow means the plant is hungry for nutes, so it starts eating itself when the soil runs out of said nutes.. The sugar leaves are good for making trim hash, not so much when they're dried up and dead. When the plant uses up it's final food resources, first go the fan leaves, then the sugar leaves, then the buds. I don't know about you, but yellow buds look damn unattractive...

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

This was off of a broke stem. Same pic after I trimmed it up a little. 1 is with the flash, the other is without. It looks pretty good visually

IMG 7964
IMG 7966
Top Bottom