IS the Gooey oil at the end (resin) of a joint a sign of potency?

• Thread starter caveman4.20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

that resin is related to.....

• insufficient rinse in the harvest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • chemical nutrients

• other explain in a post

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Some have black some have grey ash all grown the same or as close as you can after recyling soil mix

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

My Sour Kush ((SAGE x Sour Diesel) x OG kush) is such a sticky beeotch. She isn't the most potent out of my girls, but she is certainly the stickiest.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

20141107 114029 1
20141107 114057 1
20141107 114149 1
Here is a og cross grown in the southern window with no boosters or additives and 100% veganic water only

I will be paying extra close attention to resin on these burnt joints

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

In the Delta or change in Temp,
oils and or compounds CBD THC CBA of our be loved cannabis burns
at many different rates and levels of heat
IE Carbon based Molecules
AND will reform at the point of cooling,
So if lets say CBD oil reacts at 877 degrees and Changes from a solid to a liquid then a gas
the same thing will occur when it starts to cool from gas to liquid then solid or the resin at the end of the heat cycle,
there are lots of Chained elements making up a compound that form a crystal,
maybe A carbon atom in the middle and other all the way around it
then once heated burned vaporized or what ever a change takes place
now the Carbon is no longer in the center but clumped in a mass with other atoms after the change in Temp
or Delta
either way when heavy resin builds up at the end of my doobie I save it and smoke it later in my lil pipe
this is just IMHO
respect FlyJ

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Opinion well appreciated, have you read from the beginning? What do you think of the cannabis in a joint that when burnt forms an oil that when first lit begins to seep through paper coating ones mouth and lips and fingertips with a smooth light oil like a light lip gloss, Not resin at the tip but oils that start to penitrating joint instantly.....?

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Sounds kinda a funny but its like good ribs that soak up all the great juice before Cooking .
or the great roast in the oven with just the right amount of fat on it to let the oils and juices flow through it to make it SOOOO good....
Having some is great, and makes everything taste awesome too much and ya have a mess....
Either way its still great I think the Oil profile in the bud at Harvest is part of the Power of the Taste more than the strength of the weed thats a THC/CBD thing but its still just an opinion and sticky Lips and finger tips Rock.
Peace

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I'm smoking premature buds from this summer and the resin is the rankiest funk ever, Str8 skunks ass lol not my cup of tea but it came out strong aMD effective so I'm trying not to be picky ;^} but my findings concerning this thread is this premature stuff is four outdoor phenos and all four appear to create more goo and usually darker and creamier then ripe nugs but I need to do more test ;^}

Muckman420

Muckman420

I don't have a mic that I can get pics with but I put a few samples under the scope and I noticed that you can literally see some trichomes trapped in the tar. The samples I took were from just under the bowl hole on my bang and bub. We were all like whoa!

Muckman420

Muckman420

The apparatisus were cleaned first, buds were Berry white, King Louie and GDP.

The resin build up from a few sessions looked like some semi decent hash, under the scope you could hardly tell the difference if you were a novice, the berry white resin build of several sessions looked similar to the superman bubble hash I had that night, only difference was one was very blonde, the other looked like the ripped area of a piece of black licorice(light brown) but you could still see some trichomes.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

The apparatisus were cleaned first, buds were Berry white, King Louie and GDP.

The resin build up from a few sessions looked like some semi decent hash, under the scope you could hardly tell the difference if you were a novice, the berry white resin build of several sessions looked similar to the superman bubble hash I had that night, only difference was one was very blonde, the other looked like the ripped area of a piece of black licorice(light brown) but you could still see some trichomes.
I'm a little late on the response but a huge thanks for throwing that under the microscope sounds like some interesting slides and to get that resin analyzed might help learn the volatility ( is that a word) how volatile some terpenes and oils are and arent......interesting

KarmaKingz

KarmaKingz

Sounds kinda a funny but its like good ribs that soak up all the great juice before Cooking .
or the great roast in the oven with just the right amount of fat on it to let the oils and juices flow through it to make it SOOOO good....
Having some is great, and makes everything taste awesome too much and ya have a mess....
Either way its still great I think the Oil profile in the bud at Harvest is part of the Power of the Taste more than the strength of the weed thats a THC/CBD thing but its still just an opinion and sticky Lips and finger tips Rock.
Peace

I think Fly Gave it to me the rawest. I can see that, always thought the sticky gooey dank was the strongest.
Cheers

I

IcedBuds1

Just dried a harvest. Happened to be my first Apollo grow. Gave it a try and the resin production is something I've hardly ever seen. I wish I knew what was the cause. Could it be caused by nutrients? I run canna cocoa. I mean its super fire and for just coming off the stem with no curing, still potent. I normally don't smoke Apollo so I don't know if it's common to resin up.

Top Bottom