Is There A Method Or Medium In Which I Can Only Add Nutrients Every 2 Weeks?

• Thread starter Ralfmichhigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Ralfmichhigh

autopots are pretty close to that. If you ran 2 plants to 1 rez you could probably get 2 weeks out of it. It is gravity feed and not hydroponic but i find they get funky without a water pump stirring the solution every now and then.

I have 4 smaller pots (15L or 4 g) and 2 larger ones (25 Litre or 6.5 gallons).

They work well. coco coir and an aeration medium (hydroton/perlite) works good with it.
Thank you, ill look into that but sounds quite good, the only problem is my space, i can only give the plants direct tap water out of various reasons, but thank you
Ralf

R

Ralfmichhigh

I apologize man I didn't even see it was in the hydro section I think I probably clicked this thread from recent posts lol.

I'm not sure that I can post a link to competitor forums. He can search Google for

"Mofos notil revisited" and go to the very first page of the thread.
Hello,
I put it into the section accidentally, im new here, I will, thank you,
Ralf

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Thing is.. whatever you decide. You will need to tune it. Do one thing wrong and you watch em die on camera if you can’t get out there. If you are open to running out there lots to start with while tuning and dialing it in it could work. It’s just again.. first time + only visiting the garden twice a month = disaster IMO. No way around it. More complex your system, worse your odds get. I’m worried for your cabin. Lights and power plus auto watering setup.. seems dangerous to me, but your ol uncle gets a little paranoid sometimes so take it or leave it.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Hello,
Thank you for your very detailed response. I wouldn’t call myself smart but I like to think allot about thinks i like. It is sadly not quite my choice how i grow the plants because of my current situation, thats why i would also want to use the long release fertilizer. Btw i accidentally put this in the hydroponics section im new to this forum! A super soil in your words would work well? What i was also thinking was a hempy bucket with 100% perlite and slow release Nutrients that take about 1 1/2 months to dissolve, but i think that is going a bit over the top with experimenting. Do you think i could master the Problem of overwatering by using grow bags ( i heard someone say they work well)?
Thank you,
Ralf
Noooo to straight perlite. I dono u. Just seems wrong. Haha

O

ONalliance

Not to crush your dreams but I got a bad feelin bout your plan. I wouldn’t recommend doing your first grow at a spot where you can’t be at daily.
That being said, if you mixed up a good ‘hot’ soil batch that could carry you between fertilizing.
Maxibloom in a hydro setup where you let some sit undisolved in your reservoir and it sort of time releases. (Sketch IMO but seen it done)
Instead of figuring a meathod that can handle overwatering, figure out a different system that doesn’t over water...

But again, doesn’t sound like a great idea. Generally when A New grower is away one week, half the plants are dead. Good luck to ya buddy. I’m sure you ll figure somethin out

O

ONalliance

if your going organic soil you wont need to do much adding of anything. but you will need to do other things to ensure things go ok in your absence. automatic watering from a reservoir, like a blumat system. good airflow, and back up power to ensure the lights (if this is indoor) is maintained. get that timer on a separate battery! expect all the issues and have a plan before hand. spider mites, powdery milder and such. the best thing is use an organic soil with lots of life in micorbes and fungi, and don't put in too much nutrients or the crop will be attacked by something. less is better then too much!

O

ONalliance

Hello,
Thank you for your very detailed response. I wouldn’t call myself smart but I like to think allot about thinks i like. It is sadly not quite my choice how i grow the plants because of my current situation, thats why i would also want to use the long release fertilizer. Btw i accidentally put this in the hydroponics section im new to this forum! A super soil in your words would work well? What i was also thinking was a hempy bucket with 100% perlite and slow release Nutrients that take about 1 1/2 months to dissolve, but i think that is going a bit over the top with experimenting. Do you think i could master the Problem of overwatering by using grow bags ( i heard someone say they work well)?
Thank you,
Ralf
work a bit harder on getting the ideal grow medium. check out the podcast cannabis cultivation and science.

O

ONalliance

Welcome to the farm...

You aren’t advertising are you?
nope , just sharing info. if the person listens to that podcast they will get the info they need. i have absolutley no connection to it. Just stumbled across it on my path to licensing

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

nope , just sharing info. if the person listens to that podcast they will get the info they need. i have absolutley no connection to it. Just stumbled across it on my path to licensing
Just checking cause I saw you are a new member. That’s cool you got your license. Did you apply through the ctls?

Top Bottom