Is there just "plain" OG Kush?

• Thread starter Califlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Califlower

Califlower

I got a clone from a dispensary in Mendo county and it is just OG Kush. Is it the "original" you think, or just unknown? I didn't ask them, maybe I should call.

How are different "cuts" different if they all are traced back to the same mother in theory? Or is that not the idea with all the various OG Kush "cuts"?

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

I got a clone from a dispensary in Mendo county and it is just OG Kush. Is it the "original" you think, or just unknown? I didn't ask them, maybe I should call.

How are different "cuts" different if they all are traced back to the same mother in theory? Or is that not the idea with all the various OG Kush "cuts"?
I would say its just a regular og kush cut man just a plain ol og kush cut instead of an og cross. All plants from the same mother are indeed the same and will show the exact same charachtoristics. However selfing a plant will almost always lead to non uniform progency so many ppl have reversed the OG lines its hard to know exactly w,hat your gonna get. It is normal for plants from the same mother to have completely different pheno types when starting from seed. Cuts should all be uniform.
OG kush is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
If its from a dispensary it's definitely not gonna be the original og kush. Now that isn't saying it's not gonna be a og kush or even a real nice cut. There are a ton of og kush cuts floating around. What some people consider to be originals like tahoe and sfv are probably just phenos of the original cross made. There is a cut going around being referred to as original og....but who is to say it's the original? That would be implying that out of the original og kush f1 seeds that only one was a keeper and was dubbed the original. Then from there every other cut we know of today woukd be an s1, f2 or a cross.
Your best bet is not to get to caught up on what cut you do have and just give it a nice run and see what comes of it. Once flowered you can probably come on the farm and people can lead you in the direction of what cut it may be.
Best of luck with your new og kush cut and I hope it turns out fire for you :)

southstreets

southstreets

I don't think it really matters what cut it is.. Like a lot of dope growers have already said.. A dialed og is the best og. Forget bout the cut name and rock it out if it's flame it'll sell itself no "moniker" needed! I hope it turns out good for u!

BioStimz

BioStimz

I am starting to believe that we will find Jimmy Hoffa before we find the REAL ORIGINAL True back in the day OG Kush anymore.
Genetics don't just disappear.

How do you plan on identifying the "REAL ORIGINAL True back in the day OG Kush".... without knowing it's actual lineage?

~

dankninja

dankninja

plain ogk lol.. the story that i believe.. and after running "different" ogk.. there are so many cuts that can be traced back to josh matt orgn kid ogk, tahoe ghost etc. all same cut, just moved locations and hands. and names. so many names. my HA tastes like tahoe.

Top Bottom