Is This A Bad Bug Or Good Bug?

• Thread starter Smoknjofus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoknjofus

Smoknjofus

Don't know if this is good or bad, found two of these on one of my Master kush plants, and something has been eating some of her leaves. Wondering if this is what is eating them or another pest? Not too worried but would like to know if I should kill them or let them live :) Help if you know, thanks!!

Is this a bad bug or good bug
Is this a bad bug or good bug 2
GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I would say bad lol but not sure I usually kill everything I find other then a few spiders and if I find lady bugs( never in my garden) I will catch them and put them in with my plants also a prey mantice if u can find one :)

Smoknjofus

Smoknjofus

I would say bad lol but not sure I usually kill everything I find other then a few spiders and if I find lady bugs( never in my garden) I will catch them and put them in with my plants also a prey mantice if u can find one :)
I have hella lady bugs and some other really beneficial predator insects in the garden, unless it is a insect that will wipe out an entire crop I usually let it be? I have never seen this insect before and have a little leaf damage but nothing detrimental. Just a little snacking. That's why I want to know if this little fucker is eating my leaves or what he's eating is munching on my shit?

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Looks like a small assassin bug, they come in different shapes and colors. Those antannae are probably poisonous, if you grab it it would inject you with poison from them, it uses them to paralyze its prey.
http://www.insectidentification.org/insect-description.asp?identification=Assassin-Bug

if that is an assassin bug (Reduviidae ) then its good because it eats other bugs like a praying mantis does. It's the proboscis that has the lethal saliva, but it's not lethal to humans, just very painful if he stabs you with his proboscis. and that's only with the real large ones...

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
if that is an assassin bug (Reduviidae ) then its good because it eats other bugs like a praying mantis does. It's the proboscis that has the lethal saliva, but it's not lethal to humans, just very painful if he stabs you with his proboscis. and that's only with the real large ones...
I grabbed one once, my whole arm ached and it just stung my finger. I saw the antannae bend in half before they jabbed me.

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

Professionally speaking, I think I can boil it down to one of two different things.

1. The dreaded "South Santiam Sinsemilla Sap Sucker".

- Or -

2. Not a clue.

Personally, I lean towards #2

Peace!

Derf

Smoknjofus

Smoknjofus

Some closer pics, still no idea? They are on other plants with some leaf damage, but still don't know if they are eating plants or other bugs?

20170608 182611
20170608 182604
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Some closer pics, still no idea? They are on other plants with some leaf damage, but still don't know if they are eating plants or other bugs?
Thats a cave cricket, it might nibble on plants...
A praying mantis would take care of them

Top Bottom