Is This A Hermy, A Male Or Just A Crappy Phenotype?

• Thread starter Amygrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Amygrower

Hi guys,
Just wanna preface by saying the advice I've received on this forum has saved my crop in the past and I've become a better grower for it so thanks.

Anyway I'm growing GHS lemon skunk from seed and I've noticed it has a few different phenotypes. One has really big pistils and is growing strong, another similar but not as big and one quite smaller. Anyway I have a couple of plants here I'm concerned about, stretching like crazy even now at 4 weeks into flower, doesn't look like it has pistils, the one next to it has pistils but buds are very small compared to the other plants. I wonder if they've been stressed by growing too close to the light and hermied or maybe they are just a runt phenotype or something else. Of course I'm worried about the plant next to it if it is a Hermy and it pollinates them. I'll post a pic down below of the plant in question and the beauty next to it for comparison. These are both 4 weeks into flower.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Phenotype, seen that in my grow, 1 out of a 1000 plants will throw balls even though they are all from the same family of mothers (clones)
We remove them from the grow. I’ve actually taken them off site To do some breeding to see if this is a freak or if there is viable pollen.
When they made seeds, I’ll pop a few to see what traits they have passed on. But they (herms) do randomly occur

A

Amygrower

Phenotype, seen that in my grow, 1 out of a 1000 plants will throw balls even though they are all from the same family of mothers (clones)
We remove them from the grow. I’ve actually taken them off site To do some breeding to see if this is a freak or if there is viable pollen.
When they made seeds, I’ll pop a few to see what traits they have passed on. But they (herms) do randomly occur
As i didnt get a reply i just left then to grow right next to the good plants. The bud is pretty small but theres still something there. Pistils, if what im looking at are pistils are minscule. Just today I've taken a bit off and inspected it. At the base of the 'buds' there are these little pods and inside of the pods are what appears to be bananas. I wonder do you think its worth ruining the other plants just for a small amount of bud. Should I just cut the two crap plants down in case they pollinate the others. Cheers.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

As i didnt get a reply i just left then to grow right next to the good plants. The bud is pretty small but theres still something there. Pistils, if what im looking at are pistils are minscule. Just today I've taken a bit off and inspected it. At the base of the 'buds' there are these little pods and inside of the pods are what appears to be bananas. I wonder do you think its worth ruining the other plants just for a small amount of bud. Should I just cut the two crap plants down in case they pollinate the others. Cheers.
Hey, I'm pretty new to growing, but I've been told to spray them with some water before you start moving those plants with nanners around too much. It will help it so the pollen doesn't spread around too much. You could probably put a bag over them first if u wanna be really cautious.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Wash area cull the plant

Latest posts

Top Bottom