Is This Enough Space To Flower 10 Plants? 4 Weeks Into Grow

• Thread starter yoga358
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

yoga358

So I tried my first grow, was given most of the stuff, I have a 4x2 grow tent but I have 10 plants in there and they are starting to get big and rub against each other. I plan on using a SCROG and want to flower them next week because of my space concern. They are on their 4th week rn. Feeding them fox farm nutrients, 6-6.5 ph, everything is going really well so I wanted to see if I can safely flower from the current setup or if I will need a tent. Also wondering how I can scrog it effectively. Lastly, on a side note, I saw a gnat fly out the tent earlier, is this a sign of insects and how can I prevent them and watch out for stuff like spider mites and prevent it.

Thanks again, this forum is Gold, I had my plants dead 4 weeks ago and this is how they are now so thank you guys!!!

Is this enough space to flower 10 plants 4 weeks into grow
Is this enough space to flower 10 plants 4 weeks into grow 2
Is this enough space to flower 10 plants 4 weeks into grow 3
Is this enough space to flower 10 plants 4 weeks into grow 4
Is this enough space to flower 10 plants 4 weeks into grow 5
Is this enough space to flower 10 plants 4 weeks into grow 6
bibbles

bibbles

A ScroG in a 4x2 is like a one or two plant situation, and it's not something you should start with, so let's take that off of the table. Eight to ten pants is, however, great for a SoG in this space. I would take them all down to three to five tops, strip everything but that top node, then flip.

You'll be pulling all top-shelf, easy to trim bud, while avoiding the considerable diversity of issues which result from overcrowding. Plus, when you top (and lollipop) them, you can make those tops (or branches) clones, and get your next cycle going while these flower out.

Seriously, trying to maximize your yields first time out is only going to maximize your problems, and I wish I knew this back then.

EDIT: Install a trellis now, use the tent poles; you can slide it down later, but now's the time to get it in place.

Y

yoga358

A ScroG in a 4x2 is like a one or two plant situation, and it's not something you should start with, so let's take that off of the table. Eight to ten pants is, however, great for a SoG in this space. I would take them all down to three to five tops, strip everything but that top node, then flip.

You'll be pulling all top-shelf, easy to trim bud, while avoiding the considerable diversity of issues which result from overcrowding. Plus, when you top (and lollipop) them, you can make those tops (or branches) clones, and get your next cycle going while these flower out.

Seriously, trying to maximize your yields first time out is only going to maximize your problems, and I wish I knew this back then.

EDIT: Install a trellis now, use the tent poles; you can slide it down later, but now's the time to get it in place.

Awesome reply, sadly I am kind of ignorant to some of what you said but will start reading up. What sort of yield would SoG provide? When you say take it to 3-5 tops, do you mean cut everything but those tops? Any tutorials on this? Also what would be the use of the trellis? Should I install it in the middle?

bibbles

bibbles

Get a trellis net, I reccomend string over plastic, and fit it with the poles going through the corner squares, tight enough to stay but loose enough that you can slide it to where you want it; I don't know if they come in 4x2, but they're cheap, cut em down, have extras. I actually prefer two layers, and they'll keep things from collapsing under weight, improving airflow, et al.

A Sea of Green is a Screen of Green with more plants instead of training; I think it's preferable unless plant number, rather than space, is the limiting factor.

"One node" should turn up some stuff, and I believe it's demonstrated in the Marijuana Mania LA episode about the JungleBoys, but the basic idea is that you're concentrating your yield into fewer, larger, higher quality buds of the same or greater weight. Plus, better airflow, avoid powdery mildew, many less headaches.

What kind of light is that?

bibbles

bibbles

Er, more specifically, what kind of output are you getting from that light; you may want to leave a couple more nodes if it's low, but I think you're probably fine either way.

Top Bottom