Is This Mold ?

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

We have had a lot of rain. All summer. Everything was going along ok and then this started to happen just over a week ago.

Is it mold turning it dead and brown ?

Is this mold
Is this mold 2
Monster762

Monster762

You also have burned tips on leaves. I'm going through that now. Cut back nutes a little or push some clean water through.

Monster762

Monster762

I would definately cut the brown bud off. It already makes it not possible for medical grade but still looks as if rest of it is ok and can still be good personal.

Monster762

Monster762

Looking close at that bud it's only up top. Cut the top off n pinch to close wound. Yeah I know you shouldn't finger the bud up but the rest looks ok. Do not allow it to spread. I'm no pro but I'd take scissors under the brown n cut clean n squeeze the cut top. The rest should stay alive.

Monster762

Monster762

I think some people use ISO alcohol on budrot but I'm not sure never researched or dealt with it. But basic growing habits tell me cutting it off n pinching might save the rest of it.

gwheels

gwheels

I cut off the bad part. The other 2 autos look fine it was just this one that was affected. I think i like indoors better because the conditions are more controllable (light, rain etc).

It is a nice fruity stanky bud. :o. If in doubt I will make butter out of the plant.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

yep bud root cut all off the dead out I would not even smoke a nug that had any of it any where on it

u need more air flow over the top of your plants and u wont get it air flow air flow air flow

Monster762

Monster762

I cut off the bad part. The other 2 autos look fine it was just this one that was affected. I think i like indoors better because the conditions are more controllable (light, rain etc).

It is a nice fruity stanky bud. :o. If in doubt I will make butter out of the plant.
Yeah bet fingers are dank cutting that one.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

id not eat mold lol but u can make iso out of it

gwheels

gwheels

It will boil for hours in a slow cooker. It will be fit for human consumption. Of course I will trim off the bud rot bits first. Most of the plant is stanky green it is just 2 spots that have bud rot. Either that or bubble hash. I will figure out out. :)

Monster762

Monster762

It will boil for hours in a slow cooker. It will be fit for human consumption. Of course I will trim off the bud rot bits first. Most of the plant is stanky green it is just 2 spots that have bud rot. Either that or bubble hash. I will figure out out. :)
I'd chop the rot off and let it grow. Put air on it like mentioned above. I'm not sure about eating off that plant but it'll smoke still just throw the rotted part away.

Monster762

Monster762

After an open flame hits it the rest is smokable. Like I said never be med grade now but how many times you think good weed had mold. Many times. Just trash the nasty stuff. Does it run down the inside of the bud? If it does than it's trash. Otherwise smoke the green stuff. It'll still be good probably won't even be able to tell the top had rot.

Monster762

Monster762

I've had regular weed that had little mold in the bricks and tasted good n worked good too.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

just a random thing I found
Boiling in water
for fifteen minutes will kill most vegetative bacteria and inactivate viruses,
but boiling is ineffective against
prions
and many bacterial and fungal
spores
(mold is a fungus);

therefore boiling is unsuitable for sterilization. However, since boiling does kill most vegetative microbes and viruses, it is useful for reducing viable levels if no better method is available. Boiling is a simple process, and is an option available to most people, requiring only water, enough heat, and a container that can withstand the heat; however, boiling can be hazardous and cumbersome.

gwheels

gwheels

Thanks Monster and Tinderthumbs. I will keep it in mind. I might trim off all the weird and do an h202 wash before I dry it. I thought that was the craziest thing I had ever heard but I had 2 king tut plants. I washed one with h202 and the other i just cured. The washed one tastes better and is smoother. I might do it from now on. Jorge was right about that one. I did the wash because of a PM issue i had on one side of the tent. Now I have fan overload in there and I run the 6 inch vortex full speed all the time :)

Top Bottom