Is This True

• Thread starter Emokitty96
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Emokitty96

Emokitty96

I read that scientist did an expirament on weed. And the noticed that the female plants would sprout at the tip of the seed and males would sprout oyt the side of the seed. 90% comfired it worked

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

maybe its the same scientist that discovered turkeys will drown when it rains because they stare up at the sky trying to figure out where the water's coming from.
I always assumed the structure of the seed had evolved so the taproot can push out of the same spot in the seed. That's just a shower thought though.

Just so ya know, my sarcasm is meant to be light hearted and not insulting, I've seen too many threads spin out of control because there's no 'tone' in text to tell the intended 'mood' with the words. (I feel like mood isn't the word I'm looking for, but I cant remember the damn word. Maybe more dabs will help :happy::woot:)

iKharon

iKharon

maybe its the same scientist that discovered turkeys will drown when it rains because they stare up at the sky trying to figure out where the water's coming from.
I always assumed the structure of the seed had evolved so the taproot can push out of the same spot in the seed. That's just a shower thought though.

Just so ya know, my sarcasm is meant to be light hearted and not insulting, I've seen too many threads spin out of control because there's no 'tone' in text to tell the intended 'mood' with the words. (I feel like mood isn't the word I'm looking for, but I cant remember the damn word. Maybe more dabs will help :happy::woot:)

I think this was some Salem witch trial science.. lmao.. strap rocks to her, throw her in river, if she a witch, she will float.. then we will execute her. But if she's not a witch, she will sink and drown innocently.. win win! Lol

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I think this was some Salem witch trial science.. lmao.. strap rocks to her, throw her in river, if she a witch, she will float.. then we will execute her. But if she's not a witch, she will sink and drown innocently.. win win! Lol
I know, some things just boggle my brain. kinda like some of the wack MMJ laws, or other types of laws for that matter. Damned if ya do, Damned if ya don't.

xenon730

xenon730

Okay but i asking if anyones females sproutes at the tip
even if everyone says yes, it still wont be scientifically true. you can want it all you want, but there is no way to tell the sex by how the taproot leaves the seed.

the best way to sex plants quickly is to learn preflowers and what they mean. calyx's can come in tiny and straight and generally show before balls(exceptions obviously), and males usually have a full lobster claw/ball show up at once. i also find most males show preflowers later than females, again not concrete. get a loupe, look at each node. usually the 4th or 5th will show a preflower first. of all the seeds i've cracked, those are the most obvious things i've found. i generally just look for any preflower action and guess from there but watching close. once you learn how to read preflowers you really can leave the male in there until you can tell and not risk pollination. its also quite easy to make your own seeds with a single seed pack to have good genetics to experiment with(can be as easy as using a single female or just keeping one of the males around until a couple flowers open).

Last edited:
iKharon

iKharon

fckin right doggy! only the strong survive! that and penguins, I couldn't stand to see a penguin not survive... I really like penguins. not so much eggplants. Im rambling, time for coffee.

Animals and fruit > vegetables lol

Top Bottom