Is This Weird? First Auto Flower Grow.

• Thread starter mellowd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mellowd

mellowd

Hello, it's my second grow now. First grow went pretty well besides a once overfeeding that left some leaves damaged, but it ended up with amazing bud. So Im onto my second grow now. My dad bought some seeds online and gave them to me and all he knew is that they are auto flowering. This is my first time growing auto flowering strains. They are probably around week 3ish, and I did have a 24hr light cycle for most of the time but the leaves were reacting because its just too hot where I live to have the light on 24/7 so now I switched to 19/5, they are growing very well, but after a day or 2 of the 19/5 cycle I noticed leaf material coming out of where the plant would show its sex. This is only happening at this one intersect. And speaking of sex, the other 2 plants that im growing with this one are already showing their sex (are they going to flower this fast? I have no info on the strain). I have been pretty rough on them, defoliating, LST, twisting branches and messing a bit with the root base. I haven't done any super cropping or anything extreme yet. The light has been on at least 19 hours everyday. My plants are responding very well to all the stress except for these leaves coming out, and showing sex possibly early. I have chilled out on the stress training. Are these growths normal for auto flowers or just in general? I didn't see this from my other plants so im just curious what anyone has to say. I'm not gonna freak out about it and probably will just let it grow to see. Then probs chop them off once I can see them better.

-400w LED (I also have a supplemental 300w led which is not on right now) My last 3 plants (first grow) yielded half a pound in a 2x5 area. I think not having HIDs for flower hurt my yield.
-Grown in Fox Farm soil with supplemental black gold vermiculite and perlite
-I have not fed them a thing yet, I have transplanted them once
-The temp ranges from 76-82 and humidity stays around 50%
-Its very hot where i live and i have an ac but its still very hard to keep temps in the 70s and the plants seem to do fine until about 84+ degrees so I usually just make sure it doesn't go over 82. I turn the light off during the hottest part of the day. They seem to be able to adapt to extreme conditions if exposed to them early.
-The PH of the soil is probably a little high but not over 7(still learning how to perfect this XD)
-I don't have RO so I must admit I use 6.0 ph'd tap water sometimes set out, but sometimes just straight from the tap. I understand this is bad for microbes but im not convinced its detrimental past the first inch or so of the soil.
-The pots are fabric pots.
-I water them like every 3-4 days but i rly just kinda play it by ear when it comes to watering. I water differently at different times, but mainly when the soil is dry up to my knuckle.
-This is my second grow so I'm still learning a ton as I go.

Is this weird first auto flower grow

Is this weird first auto flower grow 2

damien50

damien50

Looks fine to me. Depending on the strain some could start showing sex at 3 weeks because they work on an internal schedule rather than by light schedules.

P

polloraro

I used to have the same setup except for lights. (600 watt COBs). Looks good to me.

@damien50 is right on the money, Autos march to the beat of their own drum.

mellowd

mellowd

cool, yea the plants weren't showing any signs of stress from the extra leaves so i was just like, ok... XD but yea wasn't sure about the sex showing already but definitely makes sense now seeing as it's autoflowering. huge thanks for the replies! :D

kenny28

kenny28

Hey guys this is happening to mine was a bagseed unknown strain growing really well n showing same signs looks like a male ball at first then turns into leafs im convinced its male but ill hang fire and see now after seeing this happy growing guys

P

polloraro

@kenny28,

I didn't have to deal with males until I moved to photoperiod plants. When you think they're male but not sure, give them another week, once they truly start showing sex, it's *really* obvious they're make. If you're unsure, give them a few days to a week.

kenny28

kenny28

I know when I see a male right away just that confused me a bit cos never seen it before was a male like ball then turned into new leaf growth so ill hqng fire n see cheers for the reply tho mate I am convinced its a male have been for weeks now dont know why justba gut feeling hope im wrong cos started pretty late n growing beautifully

Top Bottom