Is This What Colloidal Silver Looks Like?

• Thread starter Dunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ahemait

ahemait

Silver nitrate and sodium thiosulphate.
Mix the proper ratio together and it's really not very costly. $100 probably get you several years supply. Pitch with some friends because a tiny amount will make enough for hundreds of treatments.
Google it!
Easier and 100% effective.

It's what the horticulture industry uses. No need to fuck around.

Dunge

Dunge

In the spirit of noting significant inflection points, we are now under flowering lights and cycling 12/12.
Have been spraying this home made silver concoction twice per day for just over two weeks.
I expect, hope, and need to see anther formation quickly as the plan is to use the pollen on this cycle.
So I feel I need to pollinate within four weeks of flower start to get mature seeds by the predicted 9 week harvest.

This entire thing may be a fail, but what little success I have had at this suggests that the observed stress levels on sprayed tissue looks promising.
20171103 104603
20171103 104616

Dunge

Dunge

Silver nitrate and sodium thiosulphate.
Mix the proper ratio together and it's really not very costly. $100 probably get you several years supply. Pitch with some friends because a tiny amount will make enough for hundreds of treatments.
Google it!
Easier and 100% effective.

It's what the horticulture industry uses. No need to fuck around.
Thanks for the hint.
Sounds like a single application method.
May be my next project if this one doesn't work.

ahemait

ahemait

Thanks for the hint.
Sounds like a single application method.
May be my next project if this one doesn't work.
I looked into the diy method and it just seemed like more trouble than its worth.

I'm all about doing things the right way with guaranteed results.

Dunge

Dunge

17 days in 12/12 flower lighting and no indication of anthers.
I'm headed out of town for a week and am torn as to how to handle this.
Will do a detailed inspection, and will probably just let them grow, as I can't imagine pollen production before I get home.
20171120 073431

20171120 073450

ahemait

ahemait

17 days in 12/12 flower lighting and no indication of anthers.
I'm headed out of town for a week and am torn as to how to handle this.
Will do a detailed inspection, and will probably just let them grow, as I can't imagine pollen production before I get home.
View attachment 758989
View attachment 758990
Any literature regarding silver thiosulphate in mj seems to ball park the change around 3-4 weeks at proper application rates for reversal.

G gnome

G gnome

Wanted to make fresh colloidal silver, hoping to get more consistent results in reversing my girls.
So I set this up based on my memory of what I read here.
View attachment 750394
Got this muck.
View attachment 750395
Didn't look right, so I filtered it.
View attachment 750398
WTF?
I colloidal silver clear?
Or did I filter it out?
Or did I miss remember how to make it?

The picture on wiki makes me think I might have made some.
Slightly darkened water.

Plan to start treatment in a few days at two weeks before flower with twice daily spray of a selected bud.

Stay tuned.
I seem to remember readjng jr supposed to jse quarters made b4 1963 cuz new ones adent real silver.....hope this helps

Dunge

Dunge

After four weeks of 12/12 anthers are starting to develop.
20171201 083400

White Fire looks close to start spilling pollen.
20171201 083505

ChemDog is not as well advanced, but anthers are forming.

I plan to cut these stems and sequester them under a dome with hopes if collecting pollen.
The timing for this cycle is getting late with presently 5 weeks left.
If I get pollen, will probably try to save it for the next round use in 8 weeks.

Dunge

Dunge

Got nervous about known pollen producers sharing the air with my room full of flowering plants.
I am imagining that putting them in a closed dome will protect against unwanted seeding.
I put some nutrient water and Dip n Grow in the fluid container.
I hoping to be able to see pollen collect on the paper, and will remove the tray to collect it.
20171201 102830
20171201 102945 001

I welcome advise on proven methods of extending the viability of pollen.
I have an unhappy history with sealed bags and freezer tech.
Pollen always wants to clump together, rendering it unsuitable for fertilization (or so it seems).

Necromancer

Necromancer

Wanted to make fresh colloidal silver, hoping to get more consistent results in reversing my girls.
So I set this up based on my memory of what I read here.
View attachment 750394
Got this muck.
View attachment 750395
Didn't look right, so I filtered it.
View attachment 750398
WTF?
I colloidal silver clear?
Or did I filter it out?
Or did I miss remember how to make it?

The picture on wiki makes me think I might have made some.
Slightly darkened water.

Plan to start treatment in a few days at two weeks before flower with twice daily spray of a selected bud.

Stay tuned.
The Colloidal Silver I purchase (Tiresias Mist) is clear. And from what I've read on the web tests at 250 ppm (I don't know how true that is because I've never tested the products ppm)

Last edited:
Necromancer

Necromancer

Got nervous about known pollen producers sharing the air with my room full of flowering plants.
I am imagining that putting them in a closed dome will protect against unwanted seeding.
I put some nutrient water and Dip n Grow in the fluid container.
I hoping to be able to see pollen collect on the paper, and will remove the tray to collect it.
View attachment 761405 View attachment 761406
I welcome advise on proven methods of extending the viability of pollen.
I have an unhappy history with sealed bags and freezer tech.
Pollen always wants to clump together, rendering it unsuitable for fertilization (or so it seems).
Are you trying to make seeds with various phenos or trying to make seeds that are close to replicating the mother?

Dunge

Dunge

Are you trying to make seeds with various phenos or trying to make seeds that are close to replicating the mother?
The first objective is to make a few s1 fems from my keepers.
I have had good luck with limiting seed production to a few flowers just by taking care to control the pollen.

What I don't know how to do is get good pollen out of a closed anther.
It was suggested earlier in this thread that floating it out works, but I have no idea what to do with wet pollen.

I have used Tiresias Mist in the past, but find it unreliable, probably due to shelf life issues.

Necromancer

Necromancer

I have had good luck with limiting seed production to a few flowers just by taking care to control the pollen.

It was suggested earlier in this thread that floating it out works, but I have no idea what to do with wet pollen.

I have used Tiresias Mist in the past, but find it unreliable, probably due to shelf life issues.
From what I read and saw on some videos is that the best way to get a close replica to the mother plant using colloidal Silver is to use Tiresias Mist and not the off brands or homemade. I do not know how true this is because I've never swayed away from using Tiresias Mist or used another off brand or homemade product.
Closed pollen flower will eventually open from my experience. And personally I would not put closed or open pollen flowers in water to than extract and never heard of this method.
Shelf life of Tm, I've never had a problem with this spray and had mine over 2yrs at one time before using and it worked fine. I stored it in a cool dark place with out any issues when using. Matter of fact I have a shipment of 2 4oz bottles coming today. Is it possible that you didn't have enough or that you did not follow the directions accordingly? How I use the spray with success is I start treatment 2 week before flip and than continue all the way into flower until I see sex change. Hope this helps with your future projects and wishing you much success.
Necro

Necromancer

Necromancer

I'm currently reversing with Tiresias Mist 2 whole plants and ran out of my 4oz really quickly 1oz lasted 3 days for 2 whole plants.
Here's a couple of the empty bottles I have laying around I keep the 1oz bottles so I can pour 1oz of TM in them from the 4oz bottle so I can have a better measurement of how much is left. I swear by the product and god in heaven only knows how much money and bottles I've went through using and purchasing this product. A guesstimate would be a little over $500 including this recent purchase.

IMG 20171205 084104
Last edited:
Top Bottom