Iso/everclear Slab... No Butane.

• Thread starter GT21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
WS4U

WS4U

I filtered this one twice & let it sit in freezer for 24 hours & filtered again. Hopefully i end up with something with all the extra filtering
Watch your heat on the direct griddle when not using a hot water bath or some way to dissipate the heat. U want to keep the temps low to preserve as many terps as possible. Temp gunned the hot wAter bath way back in this thread I believe and the hot water bath never gets above like 160f and thats with griddle turned to max not low. I use an 8x8 pyrex to pour into and the 9x13 for the water to sit in, they even sell them together at Walmart as a set lmao

Last edited:
tifosi

tifosi

Cool, so you're smoking 25% less shit! I'm winterizing this round too. Diff strain though so I won't be able to compare. I did way faster rinses this time too so I'm hoping to improve my quality that way also. Ho long does it take to cook it down at that temp?
A little over three hours to evaporate,I'm using old weed but the extra step makes it a bit smoother to hit. That big coffee filter that ws4u posted & two washes over two days is what i'm going to try next.

20170912 120830
JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

@GT21 you the man, man

My first time
I threw this together without going to the dreadfull walmart at all , and I cooked with weed in Everclear still for alil bit, so the color is dark, I never let the temp above 140°f and I evap'd for 5 hours
20171016 191524

20171016 235249

but tonight ill be doing it right
Cold and Quick
Low and slow

It looks alright, im going to melt back into VG to Vape the Eliquid.
20171017 001936

Hoping for that clear looking shiz tonight

Yololive69

Yololive69

chaos!!!! gorilla glue 4 x ???? (I have an idea what shes crossed with, but wont divulge my idea).

if you like glue, then chaos will blow your mind. it almost killed me when I did a rosin press with one of the chaos nugs. was sad to just press a nug, but when I vaped the rosin, it was a party in my lungs. lol
I have an idea what she's crossed with( more than an idea-I know for a fact...)

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I can only speculate. My buddy bred it, so I can't go against what he says is the cross. But the time line with his other strains make me think it's sfv og x gg4. I ran his old sfv og x dmt, and I currently run darlins net, which is gg4 x dmt.

Yololive69

Yololive69

I can only speculate. My buddy bred it, so I can't go against what he says is the cross. But the time line with his other strains make me think it's sfv og x gg4. I ran his old sfv og x dmt, and I currently run darlins net, which is gg4 x dmt.
Right on bro!

Yololive69

Yololive69

Freeze trim, and iso overnight... fill mason jar with trim about 3/4 full.. then iso 1/2 full.... shake VIGOROUSLY for 10 second... pour mix in 3 stacks of coffee filters in a pyrex pan... pick up each coffee filter and close the top and squeeze the iso into the pyrex.. . It will take 3 to 4 (3 stacks) to empty the jar.... then put pyrex on top of toaster at 150-200 degrees and place a fan blowing the alcohol off the top of the pan and cook for 2 hours..... make sure all liquid is cooked off and scrape up onto parchment. .. then put the parchment direct on warm toaster and fold a few times then let settle and freeze. ... everclear needs to be a bit lower temp(110) but still a faster initial cook
I found some 100% Isopropyl at Ace/True Value Hardware.
Yeah, it's more expensive than the 91%, and I know, I know, it's only 1% more pure-but that 1% makes it 100%, so I take that to mean that there's abis no water or moisture in it,so it should cook off a bit faster. I found it in the paint section.
I haven't tried it yet, because I'm on vacation in the Outer Banks of North Carolina right now, but have 2 VERY beautiful ladies that I had the pleasure to grow. I have MASSIVE AMOUNTS of trim and leaves-almost 2lbs just in trim alone-not all the trim is SUGA leaves, but I mixed some suga leaves and also ground up some prime buds to give it a kick in the pants.
Question-how much yield do you think I'll be able to get out of say 2lbs of trim?
I know this is going to take a LONG time-lol. COLD AND FAST-LOW AND SLOW !!!

Thanks for making this thread @GT21 , I've always wondered the right way,step by step.

I will be saving my trim for a bang at this later.
STR8

Yololive69

Yololive69

Yeah, it's more expensive than the 91%, and I know, I know, it's only 9% more pure-but that 9%makes it 100%, so I take that to mean that there's absolutely no water or moisture in it,so it should cook off a bit faster. I found it in the paint section.
I haven't tried it yet, because I'm on vacation in the Outer Banks of North Carolina right now, but have 2 VERY beautiful ladies that I had the pleasure to grow. I have MASSIVE AMOUNTS of trim and leaves-almost 2lbs just in trim alone-not all the trim is SUGA leaves, but I mixed some suga leaves and also ground up some prime buds to give it a kick in the pants.
Question-how much yield do you think I'll be able to get out of say 2lbs of trim?

Yololive69

Yololive69

Yeah, it's more expensive than the 91%, and I know, I know, it's only 1% more pure-but that 1% makes it 100%, so I take that to mean that there's abis no water or moisture in it,so it should cook off a bit faster. I found it in the paint section.
I meant to say 9%-just did a big dab of some Blueberry shatter -lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom