Iso/everclear Slab... No Butane.

• Thread starter GT21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Next batch of cannatonic 4 cbd to evap and purge. 99% iso.

20180124 124613

Dunge

Dunge

Little help friends.
I have enjoyed extracting my seconds for some time now.
It is a great help to pile my de-boned harvest on the table and high grade buds.
Everything left on the table gets the treatment.
My confusion is that I have just recently acquired a vacuum pump, so for the first time I get to see how much solvent is left in my extract.
I have been alternately heating and vacuuming it for days, and the bubbles just won't stop.
20180227 162038

When hot (180 deg F) the bubbles pop and I let it go until they stop bursting.
I then put it back on the heat.
When is enough enough?
20180227 181620

Just seems no end to it.
These examples are ethanol and isopropanol solvents.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

20170925 081804

This is some crude 99% iso extract from cleaning out my trimmer fan.

If your trying to vac purge it, I set my heat pad to 105-110*f max. A thin layer is a must. A thigh puddle will take forever to purge, if it even does.

Pull a vac down to -29.5hg and let her run until no more bubbles. Gloom of you can or stir and thin out. And repeat until no more bubbles.

MI.Woody

MI.Woody

Freeze trim, and iso overnight... fill mason jar with trim about 3/4 full.. then iso 1/2 full.... shake VIGOROUSLY for 10 second... pour mix in 3 stacks of coffee filters in a pyrex pan... pick up each coffee filter and close the top and squeeze the iso into the pyrex.. . It will take 3 to 4 (3 stacks) to empty the jar.... then put pyrex on top of toaster at 150-200 degrees and place a fan blowing the alcohol off the top of the pan and cook for 2 hours..... make sure all liquid is cooked off and scrape up onto parchment. .. then put the parchment direct on warm toaster and fold a few times then let settle and freeze. ... everclear needs to be a bit lower temp(110) but still a faster initial cook
This is exactly how I make tincture, upto the toaster... filter and evaporate 16 oz everclear down to to 8 oz Very Strong Tincture.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

My latest work

Harrellequin x nor cal moontang
Cbd Flowers
Extracted using 99% iso
2 min shake
Filtered thru metal coffee filter, then a fritted buchner funnel with 3x media filters and vac assist.

I'll run it thru my new distiller this weekend if I have time with some pics. Hope to reclaim at least 75% iso with out blowing up my distiller.

20180425 120517

20180425 190411

Last edited:
stonestacker

stonestacker

My latest work

Cbd Flowers
Extracted using 99% iso
2 min shake
Filtered thru metal coffee filter, then a fritted buchner funnel with 3x media filters and vac assist.

I'll run it thru my new distiller this weekend if I have time with some pics. Hope to reclaim at least 75% iso with out blowing up my distiller.

View attachment 795356
I'll be watching like a hawk.I just picked up a buchner filter. I have not used it yet any tips. Wanting to get a distiller to save my alcohol also.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
My latest work

Cbd Flowers
Extracted using 99% iso
2 min shake

View attachment 795356
What are you going to use the iso extract for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom