Jack Herer Leaves Clawing In Wk4 Of Veg

• Thread starter Royalflush50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Royalflush50

Royalflush50

Hi guys,
Please look at my pictures and advise me on why my leaves are curling on the tips. Other that what do people think they are looking like? ‍♂️ It’s Jack Herer and only 4 weeks in vegetation stage. Any help would be extremely appreciated
Jack herer leaves clawing in wk4 of veg

Jack herer leaves clawing in wk4 of veg 2

Jack herer leaves clawing in wk4 of veg 3

Jack herer leaves clawing in wk4 of veg 4

Dan789

Dan789

With the hps light tough to tell how “green” your plants (which would confirm too much N) also have some twisted leaves that suggests boron def. At lights out post a pic in natural light and one that’s a little closer to the plant, that would help.

Royalflush50

Royalflush50

Hi Dan thanks for the reply. I’ve just been in and taken one out so I could get pictures.
9293D4D3 CFEC 4FA0 AEA9 5D033CD201F1

FB63A657 979E 428E 80DC DC919DDA9D20

06D38194 6A35 42F6 BF62 6492DCE808DC

5F2A1366 E87E 4720 A232 960F054B6D49

G gnome

G gnome

Royalflush50

Royalflush50

I’ve been adding 0.5ml of MG per litre of water in every mix do you think I should cut it out for a few days and just use A+B? Could it be too much nitrogen? Also with the weather being red hot ive had a little rise in temp in the room, could this also be the issue? I’m going to swap my shades for cool tubes tomorrow.
Thanks for the replies guys

G gnome

G gnome

Also, if u did even just a lil bit of ur own leg work u probably wud have stumpled on to the sticky thread in the cannabis infirmary section titled "read me first" where it outlines what info u need to provide in order to get accurate advice, suggestions, and feedback. Nobody can effectively help u based on a shitty pic under hps light with no info provided on ur grow. We need to know as much as possible about ur grow. Such as, temp (day and night) humidity, feeding schedule, ph etc.....

No one is gonna b able to spoon feed u a solution

Royalflush50

Royalflush50

I fully respect that mate and I’m not wanting spoon fed. It’s not my first grow and I’ve never came across this problem before so I thought I’d try you guys. I have done some research on it and couldn’t find a straight/obvious answer that’s why I’m here dude

G gnome

G gnome

As u can imagine ur probly not the first person to ever have this problem so an effective tool is the search function on this site. Hit the tool bar and go to search. Then, u can type in key words like "drooping" or "clawing"

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Clawing often indicates over fert.

1 thing to remember is if plants get really dry, and are then watered, this can cause salts to be concentrated, and then when water is added, and also possibly even more fertilizer, you have a 2 edge sword.

I also would have used more medium. All I can get into the pot, and still grow the plant.

I myself use a cheap moisture meter from Lowes, and NEVER let it get below Low Moist.. Always Above Low Moist. Never Ever to the line, or youre asking for trouble. Weed needs dry, but not to dry.

Also not saying this is whats up, just Possibly what up.

Is that a SOUDUM LAMP ONLY? WITH NO COLOR CORRECTION?. Just Orange ??

If so, you need to ditch it, and get a Hortilux HPS, and they make them in all compatible wattages.

Weed/Plants need BLUE. Also they will survive under sodium only, but will be stretchy, and not as healthy vs a bulb with some Blue. I veg, and flower both with Hortilux 1000w HPS.

Royalflush50

Royalflush50

Hi mate thanks for the reply. It’s just the camera making the bulb look orange dude. But with the weather being so hot the room temp did creep up a little and humidity dropped. I’ve replaced the shades this evening for cool tubes and placed a tray of water on the floor to try get humidity back up. I thought it could possibly be the water evaporating to quickly due to the extra heat and the plant filling it’s leaves. They have 25ltr of medium each. Someone also said it could be to much nitrogen. I’ve been using ultra MG putting 0.5ml per litre in every mix. Would you recommend me stop adding this for now and just use A+B and bio-plus? Thanks for the advice guys

Royalflush50

Royalflush50

I also alternate the ph between 5.8-6.5 to give them chance to take the correct amount of nutes needed. I’m just bamboozled as I’ve never had this problem before and something was telling me it could be heat stress but it doesn’t look like it. They have been looking awesome then literally over night started curling ‍♂️

G gnome

G gnome

I also alternate the ph between 5.8-6.5 to give them chance to take the correct amount of nutes needed. I’m just bamboozled as I’ve never had this problem before and something was telling me it could be heat stress but it doesn’t look like it. They have been looking awesome then literally over night started curling ‍♂️

Man, i really think they'll grow out of it. I wudnt sweat it. For coco, id stick closer to 5.8.

Royalflush50

Royalflush50

Thanks G gnome. Bet I’m doing you’re head in you think I should leave the ultra mg out of the next couple of mixes?
Once again thanks dude

G gnome

G gnome

Thanks G gnome. Bet I’m doing you’re head in you think I should leave the ultra mg out of the next couple of mixes?
Once again thanks dude

Im not familar w that producrt but since this is the 3rd time uv asked id say ur pretty convinced about it. I cant see how it cud be causing any harm myself

Royalflush50

Royalflush50

Hi guys,
Just a little update on the problem I encountered. After flushing through my medium and eliminating the product ultra MG I’ve realised it was nitrogen toxicity causing them to claw. They now are looking quality thanks to everyone that gave me advice and I hope one day I can return the favour.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Whenever I think Ive overfertilized, Id give them 000 of anything for a watering, or 2.

I myself usually use a 1/5th strength, and feed at each watering.

also remember if you let them get too dry, this will concentrate the fert/salts, and can easily cause burn. Especially if they are fed again, and the fert is concentrated from being to dry.

Top Bottom