• Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheeseterd12345

1.8 grams/ gallon jacks hydro 5-12-26
1.2 grams/ gallon calcium nitrate
.5 grams per gallon epsom.

that is my current formula in DTW coco.

Awesome thanks a bunch cap. That is sort of what I have been getting. And from what I can tell this will be ok for veg and flower?

And also I KNOW you have answered this multiple times and there has been a debate, but the above formula does not require cal/mag is that right?

I will be using this with super clean tap so I just want to make sure I don't need cal mag.

Really appreciate your help as always cap. Have been using your tea for over a year now.

Super stoked about trying this. This is like 5% the cost of canna base alone not including additives lol.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Awesome thanks a bunch cap. That is sort of what I have been getting. And from what I can tell this will be ok for veg and flower?

And also I KNOW you have answered this multiple times and there has been a debate, but the above formula does not require cal/mag is that right?

I will be using this with super clean tap so I just want to make sure I don't need cal mag.

Really appreciate your help as always cap. Have been using your tea for over a year now.

Super stoked about trying this. This is like 5% the cost of canna base alone not including additives lol.
The Cal is in Calcium Nitrate and Mag is in the Epsom...No additional CalMag required

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

no cal mag. thats what the cano3 and mgso4 is for.
Are you still using MOST in that system?
nope. not with the tap water
Word up! Too much nitrogen in the 80% formula? My shit is GREEN.

turbo

Not too much N... but if the plants do just as well with less, then I'm gonna feed less.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Does the use of Calcium Chloride interfere with Cap's OGBIOWAR products? (chloride interfering with live beneficials)

not in small amounts. I asked abotu this a long time ago. I thought it did and cut it out of the diet, then found out it did not and put it back in.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Cap, how many times do you water per day with your 50/50 mix??

C

cheeseterd12345

And Cap your mix is good for veg and flower, correct? Thanks as always...

SuperCan

SuperCan

not in small amounts. I asked abotu this a long time ago. I thought it did and cut it out of the diet, then found out it did not and put it back in.
With salts it is always about the concentration. Chloride ions are needed for voltage gated ion channels in lots of organisms you just can't have too many of them or it causes organisms to desiccate.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

The Root and Foliar are recommended once a week, but the Nute is only a one time inoculation, from what I understand anyways. You can use less or more then what the directions state because its all organic microbial life, which won't burn your plants like nutrients. As long as you start inoculation when there seedlings you won't need to use more then the recommended dosage because the microbes will multiply and grow with your plant. So unlike nutrients which get absorbed and used by the plants, the microbes just hang out in the medium and have a symbiotic relationship with the roots, which basically means they help each other out.

Hope that helped.

SuperCan

SuperCan

The Root and Foliar are recommended once a week, but the Nute is only a one time inoculation, from what I understand anyways. You can use less or more then what the directions state because its all organic microbial life, which won't burn your plants like nutrients. As long as you start inoculation when there seedlings you won't need to use more then the recommended dosage because the microbes will multiply and grow with your plant. So unlike nutrients which get absorbed and used by the plants, the microbes just hang out in the medium and have a symbiotic relationship with the roots, which basically means they help each other out.

Hope that helped.

I understand the bacterial/microbial blends and how to use those (am retired biologist) I was just surprised to hear that the same nutrient mix works for both vegetative and flowering stages that really is an advance if it is true.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I understand the bacterial/microbial blends and how to use those (am retired biologist) I was just surprised to hear that the same nutrient mix works for both vegetative and flowering stages that really is an advance if it is true.

SC,

If you want to you can cut back on the nitrogen around week 6 and you can also use boosters, but I just finished a run where I did not do those things and the plants turned out great. 50% full strength all the way through and no change in formula. I'm not saying it's perfect (what is? ) but it's cheap and damn effective.

SuperCan

SuperCan

SC,

If you want to you can cut back on the nitrogen around week 6 and you can also use boosters, but I just finished a run where I did not do those things and the plants turned out great. 50% full strength all the way through and no change in formula. I'm not saying it's perfect (what is? ) but it's cheap and damn effective.

Thanks so you used the formula you normally use but at half strength? I assume these were smaller plants then did you SOG them?

So your formula was

0.9 grams/ gallon jacks hydro 5-12-26
0.6 grams/ gallon calcium nitrate
0.25 grams per gallon epsom.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks so you used the formula you normally use but at half strength? I assume these were smaller plants then did you SOG them?

So your formula was

0.9 grams/ gallon jacks hydro 5-12-26
0.6 grams/ gallon calcium nitrate
0.25 grams per gallon epsom.

no 50% of full strength jacks.

Full strenght jacks as recommended by manufacturer:

jacks: 3.69
CaNO3: 2.44

so 50% of that and .5 grams/gal of epsom.

The 3-2-1 is 80% full strength jacks FWIW.

SuperCan

SuperCan

no 50% of full strength jacks.

Full strenght jacks as recommended by manufacturer:

jacks: 3.69
CaNO3: 2.44

so 50% of that and .5 grams/gal of epsom.

The 3-2-1 is 80% full strength jacks FWIW.

Okay I understand and this is all in coco? How do you feed, drippers, dtw? Sorry if this is all earlier on in the post I can just go back and read if I'm being annoying.

Top Bottom