JACKS BACK!!! Capulators new formulas.

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks Cap, I've been running Jack's Hydro Herb at 3.0 grams, 1.5 grams of epsom salt. After week 3 I switch to bloom booster for one week and back on the hydo herb till the end with no flush. I love your work and Snowblind. I'm going to run your mix and see if it makes a difference. I love your roots, whiter than a new pair of socks.

Have you played with Custom Hydro's PeKacid? One gram per gallon yeilds 69 ppm P and 44 ppm K.
I no longer run my P that high, but things could change down the road. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: mal
tconch

tconch

What's up Snow? I run 3,2,1 thru week 5 at full strength. weeks 6 and 7 I drop to 50% strength and add moab at 1 tsp per 5 gallons. Then back to 75% strength for week 8.
All on a 9 week strain
Using jacks 3.7-2-1-.14cacl2 at 80% with raw ocean water for bennies in a diy under current ,the ec is 3.0,it's 1.8 before i add sea water there has been no touble yet i tried running at 1.2 was not working well . here are a couple of pic's at 33 days. i don' see how you can run jacks full strenght and keep ec low. i only use 1 gal sea water to 70 gal nute solution.

Plants 005
Plants 007
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You cant run full strength jacks and keep EC low, but jacks at full strength is fine for many hydro applications. The sea salt spikes the EC considerably, but this is not an indication that you will burn your plants, especially when topfeeding. I read soem studies that plants when being top fed can take an enormous amount of salt. Funny enough they can also take a lot less than a "normal" feeding and be great. Gotta love top feed DTW. At some point I will switch everything I have over to that.

tconch

tconch

You cant run full strength jacks and keep EC low, but jacks at full strength is fine for many hydro applications. The sea salt spikes the EC considerably, but this is not an indication that you will burn your plants, especially when topfeeding. I read soem studies that plants when being top fed can take an enormous amount of salt. Funny enough they can also take a lot less than a "normal" feeding and be great. Gotta love top feed DTW. At some point I will switch everything I have over to that.
i'm not top feeding just using diy uc i go to the shore and get sea water tried testing ec of sea water and it is to high for my guardian tester to register a reading.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
straight ocean? no shit huh? I guess you were like "fuck sea90!".... LOL!

Dont let the coast guard catch you stealing ocean water. Hey while you are down there you shoudl dig a hole in the tide and grab some sand crabs. You could throw them in the food processor and make your own crab meal.

In my MPB I ran between 1.0 and 2.0 EC. they seem to dig around 1.6 very much.. My next MPB run I will be adding more calcium and foliar 2x a week with calcium as well.

sdgrower

sdgrower

Using jacks 3.7-2-1-.14cacl2 at 80% with raw ocean water for bennies in a diy under current ,the ec is 3.0,it's 1.8 before i add sea water there has been no touble yet i tried running at 1.2 was not working well . here are a couple of pic's at 33 days. i don' see how you can run jacks full strenght and keep ec low. i only use 1 gal sea water to 70 gal nute solution.

Jacks 3,2,1 and fulpower at full strength is about 980 ppm on my bluelab at .5
Nice plants tconch

tconch

tconch

What's up Snow? I run 3,2,1 thru week 5 at full strength. weeks 6 and 7 I drop to 50% strength and add moab at 1 tsp per 5 gallons. Then back to 75% strength for week 8.
All on a 9 week strain
do you use moab week 8 when you go to 75% and do you flush at all?

pugliese63

pugliese63

Jacks 3,2,1 and fulpower at full strength is about 980 ppm on my bluelab at .5
Nice plants tconch

Same here, 1.8 on my Blue Lab. I really love the 3,2,1. Getting ready to go into week 6 on a 9 week strain.

sdgrower, when you run your base at 50% what is your EC or ppm when you add the MOAB. I've got a qt. of Black Magic I'm trying out during weeks 6 & 7. I was going EC my base nutrient to 1.0 and bring it up to 1.6 with the Black Magic. This is my first run with this bloom booster. Any comments or input would be welcome.

sdgrower

sdgrower

do you use moab week 8 when you go to 75% and do you flush at all?
No MOAB week 8 flush week 9

Same here, 1.8 on my Blue Lab. I really love the 3,2,1. Getting ready to go into week 6 on a 9 week strain.

sdgrower, when you run your base at 50% what is your EC or ppm when you add the MOAB. I've got a qt. of Black Magic I'm trying out during weeks 6 & 7. I was going EC my base nutrient to 1.0 and bring it up to 1.6 with the Black Magic. This is my first run with this bloom booster. Any comments or input would be welcome.

My jacks 3,2,1 ppm at 50% is usually around 500 or a 1.0. I have always had better yields if I use MOAB in week 6 and 7 vs Jacks 3.2.1 so I'm thinking Black Magic should help. I have not used it so I can't comment for sure. Please let us know how it worked out.

IMHO Jacks 3,2,1 is the way to go. I spent $110 on 25lbs of jacks and cal nit plus some epsom salt in January and have plenty left. I DTW in rockwool 100 plus gallons a week.

ttystikk

ttystikk

REALLY good info, thanks again, Cap! It was you and Snowblind who put me onto Jacks in the first place, so I'm takin' notes. Looks like I need to get some MKP, some MAP, a bit of MOST- and your bennies!

pugliese63

pugliese63

My jacks 3,2,1 ppm at 50% is usually around 500 or a 1.0. I have always had better yields if I use MOAB in week 6 and 7 vs Jacks 3.2.1 so I'm thinking Black Magic should help. I have not used it so I can't comment for sure. Please let us know how it worked out.

IMHO Jacks 3,2,1 is the way to go. I spent $110 on 25lbs of jacks and cal nit plus some epsom salt in January and have plenty left. I DTW in rockwool 100 plus gallons a week.

Thanks, I'll let you know how things go. I got a deal on the Black Magic to try it out. I used it for the first time yesterday. I EC the Jacks at 1.0 and added the Black Magic to bring it up to 1.4. I know 250 ppm per gallon is what is recommended for the MOAB. Given their nature I decided to use that as a starting point. I'm considering working up to 1.5 this week and possibly increasing the base to 1.2 and .5 for the Black Magic for a total of 1.7 the following week. I'm going to base it on observation though. Thanks for the input.

tconch

tconch

Thanks for the info SD

HG23

HG23

Hey Cap,
Did you pick up the citric acid ph down from JR Peters? I have been using Jack's for the past couple grows with Earth Juice citric and have noticed the ph starts to rise pretty quickly (15-20 minutes it will go up between .1-.3). My water starts out at around 7.8ph and 60-70 mg/l, last test was 61 ppm CaCO3 for hardness. I have also been noticing what looks like a calcium deficiency in the last weeks of flowering and am wondering if the use of all nitrate nitrogen is causing my media ph to rise.

I have one room in Roots Organics soil and one room i tried H&G coco for the first time. The soil room is way chunkier but has more necrotic leaves, the coco room looks healthier but the plants (same stain as soil) did not chunk out nearly as well and stretched at least a few inches more than the soil room. Everything has been fed only Jacks and calnit. Any thoughts? I can try and throw up some pics a later tonight.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey Cap,
Did you pick up the citric acid ph down from JR Peters? I have been using Jack's for the past couple grows with Earth Juice citric and have noticed the ph starts to rise pretty quickly (15-20 minutes it will go up between .1-.3). My water starts out at around 7.8ph and 60-70 mg/l, last test was 61 ppm CaCO3 for hardness. I have also been noticing what looks like a calcium deficiency in the last weeks of flowering and am wondering if the use of all nitrate nitrogen is causing my media ph to rise.

I have one room in Roots Organics soil and one room i tried H&G coco for the first time. The soil room is way chunkier but has more necrotic leaves, the coco room looks healthier but the plants (same stain as soil) did not chunk out nearly as well and stretched at least a few inches more than the soil room. Everything has been fed only Jacks and calnit. Any thoughts? I can try and throw up some pics a later tonight.

I dont know... My pH stays pretty stable to be honest.. I never got citric acid. I did get their pH adjuster but I have not had to use it yet..

any chance you may have the dreaded RA? I would check. If leaves start getting funky on me that's the first thing I always look at.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hey Cap,

Jacks and Calcium nitrate alone are not sufficient nutrition in a coco environment; you need to be adding at least 5ml/gal of cal-mag, and in a high performance, humidity controlled room (especially sealed w/ CO2 supplementation!) you'll want to run 10ml/gal or even a little more to avoid deficiency issues. Also, in a high RH environment, you'll want to raise your EC (ppm) levels since the plants aren't transpiring so much.

dankworth

dankworth

Hater bucket! They get all crazed when the roots hit the swc layer. Makes me really want to get more volume of solution for those roots.

And if there is insufficient irrigation because of any failure point in that chain, the swc/dwc roots keep the top going as a backup for quite a while. I experienced this personally due to being a stoned dumbass on one day. Due to this safety feature, the crop dealt with a 12 hr irrigation gap really well. So stoked about that.

Too bad about the high ec being necessary, I hope to find a way to feed with lower EC than I have had to. Prob a different cultivar would make a big difference.

pugliese63

pugliese63

Jacks and Calcium nitrate alone are not sufficient nutrition in a coco environment; you need to be adding at least 5ml/gal of cal-mag, and in a high performance, humidity controlled room (especially sealed w/ CO2 supplementation!) you'll want to run 10ml/gal or even a little more to avoid deficiency issues. Also, in a high RH environment, you'll want to raise your EC (ppm) levels since the plants aren't transpiring so much.

Thanks, its these little details that wind up making big differences. I like to keep a container of Cal-Mag for good measure although I've not had to use it since switching to Jacks's. Doesn't mean I wont in the future. Thanks again.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

Just change the SWC to DWC. top drip overflow. Thats what I plan on doing eventually. each site will get 3 -5 gallons per day of top drip water. runoff will cause overflow. will have individual bubbling in each site with alita airline.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hater bucket! They get all crazed when the roots hit the swc layer. Makes me really want to get more volume of solution for those roots.

And if there is insufficient irrigation because of any failure point in that chain, the swc/dwc roots keep the top going as a backup for quite a while. I experienced this personally due to being a stoned dumbass on one day. Due to this safety feature, the crop dealt with a 12 hr irrigation gap really well. So stoked about that.

Too bad about the high ec being necessary, I hope to find a way to feed with lower EC than I have had to. Prob a different cultivar would make a big difference.

Oh yeah... preach the Gospel! Having just run the chowmix over an RDWC, I can see where Dank's enthusiasm is coming from. I ran 5 gallon buckets 2/3 full, so the plants never had much incentive to drop roots into the water, but I did regularly drop the topfeed pump into the head bucket and run the RDWC water through the coco. I was generous with watering portions throughout, specifically to provide a good nutrient base in the water. The plants loved it- may as well have been fresh nutes to them, and the composted earthworm castings and other organic amendments made to the coco all drizzled down into the RDWC as well, continually re-inoculating it with beneficial bacteria.

Dank, if you're running relatively high humidity values that may account for your plants' desire for such high EC. It sure works that way for me...

Thanks, its these little details that wind up making big differences. I like to keep a container of Cal-Mag for good measure although I've not had to use it since switching to Jacks's. Doesn't mean I wont in the future. Thanks again.

I didn't use cal-mag in RDWC and didn't see a problem, but running coco I need to add plenty, and when the plants' roots do hit the water, they seem okay with the mix.

Just change the SWC to DWC. top drip overflow. Thats what I plan on doing eventually. each site will get 3 -5 gallons per day of top drip water. runoff will cause overflow. will have individual bubbling in each site with alita airline.

This is exactly the direction I'm heading as well- are you running coco or chowmix in a bucket above the water?

Top Bottom