Jack's Classic Recipe

• Thread starter phrank monklin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

phrank monklin

What I was hoping for was the capulator's thoughts, as it is my understanding that he has been working with Jack's for awhile. What I'd like is a formula that would work until day 50, at which point I'd flush. The recipe is for a 5,00o gallon tank. I'd like to fill it at day 1 of flowering, and forget it until it was empty around day 50. Cultivation style is drain-to-waste in 25 gallon Smart Pots

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
What I was hoping for was the capulator's thoughts, as it is my understanding that he has been working with Jack's for awhile. What I'd like is a formula that would work until day 50, at which point I'd flush. The recipe is for a 5,00o gallon tank. I'd like to fill it at day 1 of flowering, and forget it until it was empty around day 50. Cultivation style is drain-to-waste in 25 gallon Smart Pots
@Capulator

P

phrank monklin

@Capulator
I made a mistake. I am looking for a recipe for Jack's 5-12-26, not Jack's Classic. I have heard that the following formula can be used with good results, and am wondering how close this is to what the capulator has arrived at.

1/4 teaspoon 5-12-26 per gallon of water
1/8 teaspoon Cal/Nit per gallon of water

I am hoping that this formula plus supplemental feedings of cap's tea will produce excellent results.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Jack's 5-12-26,
Welcome to the Farm Phrank 1st off and Big Ups on the Mega sized Grow for the green
I 1st Started using Jacks and Caps Beanies my 2nd run and never looked back I make my Bloom Booster Myself as well.
But by using the Caps Tea I can feed the plants root and rhizosphere with a charge of living Organisms aiding
the girlz big time.
Need to do once every two weeks MInimum IMHO
As far as the Jacks Mix
I keep the
3 grams per gallon of 5-12-26
1.8 to 2.25 Grams of Calcium Nitrate
and a Pinch of Micro Nutrients (Jacks MOST)
*In Most: Micro-nutrients: Cl, Fe, B, Mn, Zn, Cu, Mo, and Ni

Now thats based on the Very 1st thread from here on the Farm that talked about Jacks Its called
Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients
Cronic Monster started the thread and it Covers EVERYTHING ABOUT JACKS.

One more small FYI
Jacks needs to be MIXED very Specifically and dissolved salts in a small 1 gallon to 5 gallon mixing 1st (Take your TIME)
or you can get Precipitates in your larger tank
Keep it green Phrank and Super grow vibes to yaz
FlyJ

P

phrank monklin

Welcome to the Farm Phrank 1st off and Big Ups on the Mega sized Grow for the green
I 1st Started using Jacks and Caps Beanies my 2nd run and never looked back I make my Bloom Booster Myself as well.
But by using the Caps Tea I can feed the plants root and rhizosphere with a charge of living Organisms aiding
the girlz big time.
Need to do once every two weeks MInimum IMHO
As far as the Jacks Mix
I keep the
3 grams per gallon of 5-12-26
1.8 to 2.25 Grams of Calcium Nitrate
and a Pinch of Micro Nutrients (Jacks MOST)
*In Most: Micro-nutrients: Cl, Fe, B, Mn, Zn, Cu, Mo, and Ni

Now thats based on the Very 1st thread from here on the Farm that talked about Jacks Its called
Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients
Cronic Monster started the thread and it Covers EVERYTHING ABOUT JACKS.

One more small FYI
Jacks needs to be MIXED very Specifically and dissolved salts in a small 1 gallon to 5 gallon mixing 1st (Take your TIME)
or you can get Precipitates in your larger tank
Keep it green Phrank and Super grow vibes to yaz
FlyJ
?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@phrank monklin

@FlyinJStable is spot on. The 3-2-1 formula will work fine. It may not be 100% ideal but it is good enough to put out quality flowers with ease. In those pots you could also add some organic amendments. I recommend oyster shell at 1 cup for each of those pots and maybe some bone meal as well at the same rate. That will boost the calcium (something that sometimes is lacking in jacks formula). For a bloom boost you can add their blossom booster at a half gram per gallon starting at week 3 or so and up to when you start to flush.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

With out a Doubt very nice Heaven haven for your Med.
@Capulator Glad you stopped by Bro good to see ya
@phrank monklin
all for the sake of growing and the love of the plant My pleasure to share what Little I have learned. It is a pleasure.
There is 100 's of years of Experience here on the farm its a great place to get some quality help.
I did learn along my path the end flush is also a good plan IMHO.
At the flush w/ 12-15 daze of clean fresh H2o a touch of Caps Biennials ACT lol the finished Creation will be a respectable Kick Azz Med that Our Veterans Love.
Please keep us up on how your Garden Rocks this Run.
Peace FlyJ

P

phrank monklin

• @Capulator and @FlyinJStable

In the "3-2-1" formula, does the 1 refer to Jack's MOST?

When you mention bloom booster at .5 grams per gallon, are you referring to Jack's 10-30-20 Blossom Booster?

Our water is delivered, and comes from the Nevada County water district. I have contacted the folks at Jack's for advice, and I may take them up on developing a custom formula based on water analysis. I often wonder if the various issues arising when a bunch of people follow a given formula, stem from the vagaries of water supply..? In any case, I was up-front with the folks at Jack's about using their products for cannabis. Will keep you posted.

And yes, a good flush at the end makes a huge difference.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

The 1 refers to magnesium sulphate, or Epsom salts. With RO water I use the MOST at 0.02g/gal.

The jacks hydro base already has quite a bit of micros in it, so no need to go heavy with the most.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@phrank monklin

@FlyinJStable is spot on. The 3-2-1 formula will work fine. It may not be 100% ideal but it is good enough to put out quality flowers with ease. In those pots you could also add some organic amendments. I recommend oyster shell at 1 cup for each of those pots and maybe some bone meal as well at the same rate. That will boost the calcium (something that sometimes is lacking in jacks formula). For a bloom boost you can add their blossom booster at a half gram per gallon starting at week 3 or so and up to when you start to flush.

@phrank monklin please re read my previous post pasted again here for your reference. :eyepiece:

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@phrank monklin the (1) refers to epsom salt, as in 1 gram per gallon.

5haco

i recently spoke with JR peters on the phone to ask them some questions.

the actual recommended ratio is more like 3.6g:2.4g. I suppose cannabis growers diluted this down to 3:2 for either flavor or microbe activity purposes?

thats 5-12-26 : calnit, the amount of epsom salt is up to the user.

they also said this can be used with tap or RO

which brings me to certain tests I plan on running.

-the popular formula is 3g : 2g : 1g, this will be the test #1, testing TAP vs RO

-in the 3:2:1 ratio, at the 3.6 : 2.4 strength, that would mean 1.2g of epsoms. so heres my formula #2 - 3.6g:2.4g:1.2g.... might be a pretty high EC, I'd only use this with RO. I will also test 3.6:2.4:1 in an attempt to lower the EC

- next thought would be what the woman on the phone recommended, which would be the 3-2-1 for veg(or actually 3.6:2.4:X according to her), bloom booster ALONE for weeks 1 and 2 of flower, then back to 3-2-1 for weeks 3 up to the flush

- then of course I will probably try something like 3-2-1 in veg, bloom booster for first 2 weeks, 3-2-1 for weeks 3/4, 3.6-2.4-1.2 for weeks 5/6, back to 3-2-1 for week 7, then flush. lol i don't think the tests will ever end.

- i would also like to run tests with Vitazyme, a triacontanol product with a b vitamin, enzyme, folic acid, brass, and a boatload of other organic stimulants would love to hear what @Capulator has to say about this. they claim it boosts microbe life across the board from mycos, to Cyanobacteria, Phosphate-dissolving bacteria, Azotobacter, and Actinomycetes

i also want to try hydroponic research from oregon they seem promising i just can't find them locally. also idk how much g/gal use of them but their 25lb bag is 420$... i just picked up a 25lb bag of 5-12-26 and 25lb bag of cal-nit for like 63$ total, lol.

5haco

h-r also has fulvic, amino, and silica, so maybe that justifies the price.

I use bio-ag fulvic with my jacks

my aminos would come from vitazyme.

I am kind of upset about not being able to use my agsil-16h with the jacks as I've heard that it will raise the K too high. which is why I am attracted to the H-R, i assume they factored that into their maths since silica is a part of their formula already.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I am kind of upset about not being able to use my agsil-16h with the jacks as I've heard that it will raise the K too high.

I've been using the jacks for a couple rounds now, with some ferti-organic brand fulvic acid and agsil.

You're right in saying that the formula is pretty high in K but I've only seen it manifest itself when I wasn't giving the ladies enough runoff, leading to salt buildup.

That being said diluting the agsil to 7.8% Si (approx 1lb agsil to 1 gal water) and using that dilution at 1.25ml/gal gives you 25ppm Si and a negligible amount of k. Fwiw it's been working for me.

The jacks formula demands attention to runoff amounts and ec relative to your resevoir concentration, but once it's dialed it works quite well.

hermit186

hermit186

Use the MOST very carefully and be right on the measurements if your adding a sweetener at the end and has sulfur in it you can have some ++++ and at that time is bad. I have read Cap posts some more than once is a good investment.
Talk by email to Krystal Snyder at jacks
They test water and after a cheep carbon filter I use tap water with there mix tweeked and my plants seem to like it.
I still use RO water for clones and early Veg also plants with problems if it happens
The reason I mention this for every gal of RO water you throw 3 away.
If you use Jacks be ready for the C issues I use a Cal-mag mix of 5:1 you will need more Cal than mag and store mixes will work but can cause ++Mag.

hermit186

hermit186

- i would also like to run tests with Vitazyme, a triacontanol product with a b vitamin, enzyme, folic acid, brass, and a boatload of other organic stimulants would love to hear what @Capulator has to say about this. they claim it boosts microbe life across the board from mycos, to Cyanobacteria, Phosphate-dissolving bacteria, Azotobacter, and Actinomycetes
You are going to make some very unique plants be careful which you mix to gather as some don't dislove in water and don't mix with those that do. If you get the Tri and molasses and some kelp tea all at the right numbers and after 2 years am getting there. You will have boost consists of either triacontanol, brassinsteroids or chitosan, or combinations thereof. Of course, “educated” (knowledge is power) is the key to converting marketing jargon (wondrous claims – I wonder what’s in it?) into something meaningful re actives in any given product. I have had fun but am not there and I no mostly what is in it. If you get it wrong you will have a new plant looks like bamboo but smokes good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom