Joe's Grow Show Pt. 1: The Coco Diaries

• Thread starter Thejoeybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irietime

Irietime

If you are someone who tops plants to get that round bush shape I highly recommend trying this. You get that same round shape and many tops but you keep that big fat main cola. And you don't actually cut any shoots besides clones.
Agreed!!!!!! When I saw this I knew it was the way. Why lose that fat main cola... it's crazy. Unfortunately I just did some major topping to try and get some more branches up to even out the canopy, so i missed it on this round, but next one for sure. Thanks @Wisher619 and @Thejoeybrown for bringing this to me. Peace IT

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Update time. We're in day 3 of 12/12. Everything is doin fine. Growing as they should. Even in 3 days I could see the canopy getting a little uneven as some start to stretch.
I cleaned up a little bit of the leaves that were shadowing chunks of space.
I'm gonna let them do their thing go the first week or so as I start sexing then after I sex out the males I'm going to super crop everything to a nice even canopy and possibly drop a net on them.
Current Feed 3x/daily @1min
Cns17 Bloom 18ml gal
Hydroplex 2ml gal
Silica Blast 6ml gal
Sweet Raw 4ml gal

IMG 9479
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Update time! Man I always forget to update my own thread and just post in events. Lol. But I want to get this thing goin again as we are diving into flower head first...so feel free to jump in guys!

Day 7 flower. First week down. We're stretching really nice.
All my fems are showing pistils
I've sexed the 2 Chemdog 91 are showing female but they are the only bag seed so they'll stay on the edge when the net goes on so I can watch them closer.
I've got 2 confirmed female and 1 confirmed male of the 8 Fire OG x 24k
A couple more look like female but too early. It's weird I haven't found more males yet. This week should show sex
Once I sex I'm supercropping everything down to my shortest plant and dropping the net on them.

The weekly +LIFE/PBT tea really makes them happy and as time goes I'm really starting to learn the nuances of coco. No Nitrogen claw this time around so far and a much more lush appearance. Very very few tips burned.
I'm ready to get them sexed and get the net on top of them!

IMG 9546
Last edited:
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Also next on deck we got 3 dif cuts of Jawa Pie. Seeds were from Ocean Grown seeds and the cuts were gifted to me from my boy on here.
I am beyond stoked on these. Can't wait to get them big enough to grab a couple cuts off each and flower them out. I want to get at least 4 cuts of each and run a nice full run of them with my Fire OG x 24 k.
Can't wait

IMG 9538
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Day 14 bloom

Went ahead and supercropped all the plants down to the height of the shortest one. Did some light defol and threw a net down on them.
I'm gonna wait a week and let the stretch finish then lollipop and clear out everything underneath.
Before and after pics. Everything was standing back up within 8 hours.

IMG 9662
IMG 9664
IMG 9665
IMG 9669
IMG 9671
IMG 9674
IMG 9677
IMG 9682
IMG 9684
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

What up fellas.
Day 17 from flip.
Girls still stretching really well. I haven't lollipopped yet because I want them to stretch as much as possible.
In the next couple days I will lollipop and do a nice Defoliation and clean them up.
Still loving the botanicare. Currently feeding about 1.8 ec and will up a lil more around start of week 4. Then start lowering a little at about week 6
Still no burnt tips and the runoff ppm is right at or even slightly lower than the incoming ppm.
Whats up with all you guys?

IMG 9829
IMG 9837
IMG 9821
IMG 9823
Srenots

Srenots

What up fellas.
Day 17 from flip.
Girls still stretching really well. I haven't lollipopped yet because I want them to stretch as much as possible.
In the next couple days I will lollipop and do a nice Defoliation and clean them up.
Still loving the botanicare. Currently feeding about 1.8 ec and will up a lil more around start of week 4. Then start lowering a little at about week 6
Still no burnt tips and the runoff ppm is right at or even slightly lower than the incoming ppm.
Whats up with all you guys?
hell ya nice bro ~

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Well we're at day 23 and buds are starting to stack out big time.
Time for the fun to begin.
The stretch is winding down and I think I've got them in they're final spots.
I'm pretty happy with the canopy. Time to stop touching them and just let them do their thing

Some of these Fire OG and the Chem 91s got some real potential. Putting on a lot of frost already. Lookin forward to the next couple weeks!

IMG 0017
IMG 0029
IMG 0030
IMG 0032
IMG 0033
IMG 0034
IMG 0035
IMG 0031
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

What’s up with the outdoor? How’d that turn out?
The in ground came out great. The potted coco one came out really nice but I battled caterpillars at the end pretty tough
The coco one is being run into qwiso

Hers some pics of the in ground one.
Just got her in jars a few days ago.
I only gave her water 2 times when she was very young then realized the soil needed NOTHING. So I never even gave her a drop of water again. Never one nutrient. 100% completely organic.
She smells like lemon candy and taste like straight lemon even before a cure
I was super impressed will run a full run next year in ground like that

IMG 0116
IMG 0117
IMG 0118
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

And a lil update day 24
I think the stretchnis about done. Got about 8" above the net so I think we timed it well

Gettin frosty. Haha. Super stoked for the Fire OG and the 2 Chem 91s. Both showing a lot of trich production already
Hopefully we find a good one in the white widow and the Jack Herer. Last of the seeds sonifbthere isn't a worthy keeper we will move on.
I really like the smoke but lookin for a lil more in something I'm going to keep and dial in

IMG 0113
IMG 0114
IMG 0120
IMG 0121
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Looks good Joey, is that a recirculating sysytem you have there?
No it is DTW.
But I am doing more and more reading on recirculating coco.
I'm just very picky about my ph being in point
I also wonder how the ratios of nutrients chang as the plant takes what it needs and it goes back they he system. Next time around have the ratios changed?
Any thoughts or insight on it?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

No it is DTW.
I also wonder how the ratios of nutrients chang as the plant takes what it needs and it goes back they he system. Next time around have the ratios changed?
Most likely change a little each time as it uses up certain nutrients in diff rates...
Thus the idea behind change outs.
1 part nutrients such as csn17 i think can maybe go longer than a several part mix....

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
No it is DTW.
From the picture I thought you were growing in pebbles/lava rock, but if your growing coco I would stick with drain to waste. The only back draw from dtw is the waist water but not enough to warrant a switch to recirculate if your in coco.
I had a buddy that recirculate lava rock with just gh 3 part base and killed it back in the day. IMO recirculate needs to be done with base only for less issues with ph swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom