Judge Rules Non-profits Can Sue Monsanto For Misleading Safety Labeling Of Popular Herbicide Roundup

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

A very informative article glyphosate.

toxicity-table4.png

"Let's take a closer look at glyphosate. Glyphosate is derived from an amino acid, glycine. It acts against plants by suppressing an essential biochemical mechanism commonly found in plants, but not in animals. According to the Extension Toxicology Network, a joint pesticide information project by Cornell University, Michigan State University, Oregon State University and University of California at Davis, and funded by US Department of Agriculture, glyphosate is non-volatile, minimizing exposure through inhalation, and undergoes little metabolism in the human body. If accidentally consumed, glyphosate is excreted mostly unchanged in feces and urine, so it doesn't stay in the body and accumulate."

"One heavily used report was by Stephanie Seneff and Anthony Samsel claiming that glyphosate was supposedly causing all sorts of diseases from inflammatory bowel disease to Parkinson's to depression. Another report by a group of French scientists led by Gilles-Eric Séralini claimed that glyphosate was toxic to human cells. Both reports have been heavily criticized and deconstructed. Seneff and Samsel have no expertise in toxicology or agriculture: Seneff is a computer scientist while Samsel is a retired science consultant. Their report had no supporting data; they basically “made up” their report. Séralini is notorious for authoring a retracted publication that inconclusively linked GMOs to cancer and his report on glyphosate was based on flawed experimental design - glyphosate is not directly exposed to human cells in the real world. Both studies appeared in pay-for-play journals and mainstream scientists have rejected them."

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/...th-some-gm-crops-dangerously-toxic-to-humans/

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
A very informative article glyphosate.

toxicity-table4.png

"Let's take a closer look at glyphosate. Glyphosate is derived from an amino acid, glycine. It acts against plants by suppressing an essential biochemical mechanism commonly found in plants, but not in animals. According to the Extension Toxicology Network, a joint pesticide information project by Cornell University, Michigan State University, Oregon State University and University of California at Davis, and funded by US Department of Agriculture, glyphosate is non-volatile, minimizing exposure through inhalation, and undergoes little metabolism in the human body. If accidentally consumed, glyphosate is excreted mostly unchanged in feces and urine, so it doesn't stay in the body and accumulate."

"One heavily used report was by Stephanie Seneff and Anthony Samsel claiming that glyphosate was supposedly causing all sorts of diseases from inflammatory bowel disease to Parkinson's to depression. Another report by a group of French scientists led by Gilles-Eric Séralini claimed that glyphosate was toxic to human cells. Both reports have been heavily criticized and deconstructed. Seneff and Samsel have no expertise in toxicology or agriculture: Seneff is a computer scientist while Samsel is a retired science consultant. Their report had no supporting data; they basically “made up” their report. Séralini is notorious for authoring a retracted publication that inconclusively linked GMOs to cancer and his report on glyphosate was based on flawed experimental design - glyphosate is not directly exposed to human cells in the real world. Both studies appeared in pay-for-play journals and mainstream scientists have rejected them."

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/...th-some-gm-crops-dangerously-toxic-to-humans/
Most interesting, thanks for sharing this. I haven't read this until today. Time to put the "critical thinking" cap on. Grateful that I grew up in a time when this was still taught in our universities. But alas not nary a wink of this CT to be found.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Enjoy you're gay frogs and mutated vaginas America. Most my exs from high school are dykes now, the rest all have triplets. Instinct says blame Monsanto. No thought needed really.

Stomach bacteria are also going mobile, ending up in other parts of the body. Wonder why? But bigger fish to fry,yes. I was just at Level Up dispensary a couple weeks ago and their pot literally smells of alfa toxins.. What doesn't smell of grow product that is. I bet they use motel units for cooling as I've not smelled anything that bad anywhere else on earth but a shitty moldy motel.

Top Bottom