Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Sorry about the lack of posts. Fires raging all around our property. No power and intermittent cellular data service.

Trying to keep my nugs from drying out and also keep my food from spoiling. Kush are getting closer to harvest. Trimming the Creamsicle nugs already harvested.

Half my city is under evacuation orders. Anyone outside of Cali, expect weed prices to go up. A lot of growers just got wiped out.

Will update with pics when cell data is more consistent. Strange seeing flames lick at the sky only a couple miles away the first night of wind and fires.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Sorry about the lack of posts. Fires raging all around our property. No power and intermittent cellular data service.

Trying to keep my nugs from drying out and also keep my food from spoiling. Kush are getting closer to harvest. Trimming the Creamsicle nugs already harvested.

Half my city is under evacuation orders. Anyone outside of Cali, expect weed prices to go up. A lot of growers just got wiped out.

Will update with pics when cell data is more consistent. Strange seeing flames lick at the sky only a couple miles away the first night of wind and fires.

Man that sucks. If the fire gets close to you maybe you better cut everything down. Of course take care of the most important stuff first. Stay safe bro.

Strangeone

Strangeone

Hope all is well, take care bro.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Stay safe and keep an ear on the news and emergency scanners and your eye on the prize. Listen for bullhorn warnings in the distance and hope you don't hear them. You can download scanners for free. My forest home was literally at the SW corner of the 97k acre King fire. Keep us posted.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Stay safe and keep an ear on the news and emergency scanners and your eye on the prize. Listen for bullhorn warnings in the distance and hope you don't hear them. You can download scanners for free. My forest home was literally at the SW corner of the 97k acre King fire. Keep us posted.

I'm between to fires. The one that was most threatening is trying to wipe out Lake Wildwood and Penn Valley, but I'm pretty sure we're safe now. But will have no power fot a while. No power, no well to water the girls. We're working on it. The first night heard at least 20 tranformers explode, 7 in series. Sounded like a war zone. Watched the fire across from Lobo burn 100'+ into the sky. Was f^ckin crazy.

Going back home and out of reception range. Fire wiped out cell towers too. I'll keep posting when I can. I'll get more high res pics up when my power is back on but they won't risk that till the fires are somewhay contained. Next time I'm in town I'll post phone pics.

Thanks everyone.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

We are just receiving videos showing large section of houses in Santa Rosa have been lost to fire. Almost unbelievable.

That's why I was saying weed prices are going to go up outside of Cali. People don't realise we grow more than twice as much as Humboldt, here alone. The Lobo fire is cutting right through the center of the Rough & Ready banana belt. Those FF better be wearing activated carbon filters or they're going to be high as f^ck. I myself know of at least 10 grows that will be wiped out (not little ones either) by fire, not including all the grows that are smoked because of lack of water. The smart folks have reserve tanks. We have a 2500 gallon tank but hadn't filled it yet. I have so few that I will feed bottled water if needed. I kept my girls watered on a regular basis and their pots are huge so I've got at least 2 more days.

Napa is another big grower outsiders don't usually know about. Any good wine country is prime for weed. Calistoga & St. Helena are big growers as well, then of course, Santa Rosa.

Can't upload pics yet. Takes several minutes to register a like still.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I've heard of people not watering for a week before chop. Some say it causes more resin production.

I think I've still got more than a week left and I gave the kush nutes last watering so they still need a flush. I'll do straight water frim here on out. With the bad air quality and limited water, I'm a little sketch on giving them a flushing agent like Sledgehammer.

Got a couple gallon glass kumbuka tea jars coming to cure part of the first harvest. Fire supplies are draining my resources or I'd get more than two but if all goes as planned I'll be flush again by tonight and be able to get 8 more. This fire is really f^cking with my hustle.

I don't have the network juice to do a check for other people here that the fires have effected but my thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm extremely lucky not to have been wiped out. It's raging in the valley on the other side of a very very small range of mountains from me, only a couple miles, maybe less.

Here's a couple pics to show where the Kush is at. Still a lot of live hairs, no amber I've seen but I'll take a closer look today. I'll water with 6 gallon water jugs when they need it. Only $2.50 ea.

20171011 062230
20171011 062211

Woohoo! My upload didn't fail this time.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I've only got about a quarter-half pound trimmed (haven't weighed it but it's heavy bud), with two full 22 gal tubs to go. I'm fast but not having a lamp with my bad eyesight is seriously handicapping me. Have to go slow so the scissors don't eat to much...

20171011 065101
20171011 065150
20171011 065711

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Taking advantage of a little cell data available. Here's a couple shots of the girls. My phone's camera is struggling with focusing in the smoke.

20171011 072246
20171011 072448

OK, that was the last pic for a bit. Feel like a f^ckin moron standing out by the street in my robe, flannel coat, gloves with cut off fingers, holding my cellphone up in the air. Kinda what I'd figure the Statue of Liberty would look like if she were homeless. ROFL

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 10-13-2017 #1

Kush is about ready to harvest. Could do the first harvest today but I cut the rest of my Creamsicle 3 days ago and I need them a liitle more dry to give me some room on the lines. Been really busy so only have about 1.5 lbs of Creamsicle trimmed. If anyone grows this strain, I suggest leaving the sugar leaves on because the bracts are very small and you will lose a lot of quality resin. I'm trimming them because they are so loaded I can make some bomb a$$ hash.

20171013 114333

This is, hands down, the best f^ckin hybrid kief I've ever smoked. Psychoactive, energizing, and full retard, all at the same time. Won't know what the nugs taste like until a couple weeks of cure are finished, but the kief tastes like bitey tangerine peels with a drop of vanilla. Not what I was expecting, for sure. Expected more of a smoother orange taste but they're slightly bitter. Would go well with white wine, fish, and a mango chutney.
20171013 114440

There are a few amber here and there but mostly on the outer edges of the oldest sugar leaves. A lot of clouding but that's an outdoor thing. Want the hairs to die back a bit more and cause the last of the bracts to fully swell. Don't want to harvest a minute early on these girls, they have soooo much potential. If they are anywhere near as potent as the Creamsicles then I'm doing real good.
20171013 112611
20171013 112610
20171013 112603
20171013 112551
20171013 112454
20171013 112452
20171013 112446
20171013 112428
20171013 112247
20171013 112113
20171013 112103
20171013 112054
20171013 112051
20171013 112016
20171013 111938
20171013 111919

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 10-13-2017 #2

20171013 111710
20171013 111659
20171013 111643
20171013 111614
20171013 111603
20171013 111519
20171013 111448
20171013 111418

The citrus aromatics of the Orange Creamsicle are soooo strong, the a$$ tastes more like orange than the first hit. It triggers the tangerine/vanilla sugary crystals already on the tongue and they go sweet vanilla once more for a few minutes. This has been a most rewarding grow, even if I don't recover my costs. I think I'm going to continue with rare uber distinct strains from now on. Boutique growing is probably the only way for small growers to compete in the midst of full blown market saturation starting next year.
20171013 123932

Rcubed

Rcubed

Grow Log 10-13-2017 #2

View attachment 749771 View attachment 749772 View attachment 749773 View attachment 749774 View attachment 749775 View attachment 749776 View attachment 749777 View attachment 749778

The citrus aromatics of the Orange Creamsicle are soooo strong, the a$$ tastes more like orange than the first hit. It triggers the tangerine/vanilla sugary crystals already on the tongue and they go sweet vanilla once more for a few minutes. This has been a most rewarding grow, even if I don't recover my costs. I think I'm going to continue with rare uber distinct strains from now on. Boutique growing is probably the only way for small growers to compete in the midst of full blown market saturation starting next year.
View attachment 749779
Very nice. Totally agree with you about the unique strains. Market is flooded with Blue Dream and other common strains. You have to carve out a niche with the exotic stuff or you'll get buried by the big growers

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Very nice. Totally agree with you about the unique strains. Market is flooded with Blue Dream and other common strains. You have to carve out a niche with the exotic stuff or you'll get buried by the big growers

Thank you.

Yup. Been really tired of BD for a while now, Trainwreck, Sour D, and Gorilla Glue as well. They cant afford to risk changing their formulas and those four can grow using very similar formulas.

I enjoy being a dynamic grower. Even if I were big I'd do sectioned grows with multiple strains. I was going to get 3 types this year but I had to buy a minimum of 3 each and could only grow 6 total.

The rigidity of the bigger growers is probably why I couldn't get much useful help from them with my grow. (I'm not saying all big growers are rigid but the few I know personally are.) They couldn't give me answers and kept referring back to their grows or services from people they've used. It seemed like all they knew is what they were doing, and even that knowledge wasn't that deep because someone taught them and they didn't have to make their own mistakes. You can make money that way but you're burnt if you can't find your go-to girls.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I needed to get my weed airtight and my 1gal kumbuka tea jars hadn't arrived yet, so off to Kmart to see what I could see. They had 12 packs of 1qt Ball mason jars for $11 ea. Got $10 back on $40 so I bought 4 cases. I really wasn't paying attention to how big they were, mistaking quart for pint. I was pleasantly suprised to find I could fit 2 zips ea. That's plenty big enough for my harvests. I'm going to buy 5-6 more cases. At 1.5lbs each it'll give me enough left over to can a winter indoor harvest as well.

Fit an 8gr 58% Boveta pack in the lid of each. Should be getting my Food Saver vacuum pump any day now. When I get a vacuum in them it should cause the Boveta to become almost inert. Little air, little humidity transference. The packs will keep them fresh if for some reason the jar seals fail. It's good to have a backup.

20171013 161159

BudBogart

BudBogart

I needed to get my weed airtight and my 1gal kumbuka tea jars hadn't arrived yet, so off to Kmart to see what I could see. They had 12 packs of 1qt Ball mason jars for $11 ea. Got $10 back on $40 so I bought 4 cases. I really wasn't paying attention to how big they were, mistaking quart for pint. I was pleasantly suprised to find I could fit 2 zips ea. That's plenty big enough for my harvests. I'm going to buy 5-6 more cases. At 1.5lbs each it'll give me enough left over to can a winter indoor harvest as well.

Fit an 8gr 58% Boveta pack in the lid of each. Should be getting my Food Saver vacuum pump any day now. When I get a vacuum in them it should cause the Boveta to become almost inert. Little air, little humidity transference. The packs will keep them fresh if for some reason the jar seals fail. It's good to have a backup.

View attachment 749818

Looking great. Do you have power/water yet?

Top Bottom