Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

How do flowers grow all way down the stem if someone removes all growth below bud site? Sorry I haven’t got through first grow yet.

Flowers will form at every leaf junction all the way to the bottom of the plant. They form even after foliage is removed. Removing the lowest flowers helps to keep the plant's energy focused on the ones that get the most light but it's not absolutely necessary. Most lower flowers will die back on their own.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

How long until I should top the middle? I got 7 nodes so far and there’s 42inches between light and top net pot. 33 days since seed.

Sativa leaning green crack but seems like a bush to me :)

That's really up to you. It doesn't appear to need topping to me. Also, I've never used Quantums but it seems you have an aweful lot of distance between the fixture and your plant. Have you talked to anyone knowledgeable on QBs to find out your fixture's PAR(PDI). Your plant looks a little underdeveloped for it's age to me. I'm figurin with QBs you should have far more growth than that by now. Not knocking your plant, just trying to help you out.

What's your plan for the 12/12 flip? Do you have a light-proof enclosure or tent for blackout during the dark 12hrs? How big do you intend for it to get before you flip?

I'm not asking these questions because I want answers. I'm asking so you can formulate a plan. I'd also flip that net horizontal if she were mine. Use it as a ScrOG. If you're running a net verticle it needs to surround the plant like a tomato cage. If horizontal then it needs to be set up like a ScrOG to control the tops or set in multiple layers layers for support. I'm not quite sure what you're doing there, or maybe the pic has an odd perspective and is just confusing me.

So you know, I'm not being critical to pick on you. I'm trying it to help you if I can. It looks to me like you've picked up a lot of information about growing but haven't quite got the pieces put together right. I tell you though, it appears you are way far ahead of where I was at that point.

Go ahead and tell me what your plan is and I'll try to walk you through it and get everything in the right place. On thing however, it looks like your running some sort of hydro system and that is an aspect of growing I have yet to learn.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

That's really up to you. It doesn't appear to need topping to me. Also, I've never used Quantums but it seems you have an aweful lot of distance between the fixture and your plant. Have you talked to anyone knowledgeable on QBs to find out your fixture's PAR(PDI). Your plant looks a little underdeveloped for it's age to me. I'm figurin with QBs you should have far more growth than that by now. Not knocking your plant, just trying to help you out.

What's your plan for the 12/12 flip? Do you have a light-proof enclosure or tent for blackout during the dark 12hrs? How big do you intend for it to get before you flip?

I'm not asking these questions because I want answers. I'm asking so you can formulate a plan. I'd also flip that net horizontal if she were mine. Use it as a ScrOG. If you're running a net verticle it needs to surround the plant like a tomato cage. If horizontal then it needs to be set up like a ScrOG to control the tops or set in multiple layers layers for support. I'm not quite sure what you're doing there, or maybe the pic has an odd perspective and is just confusing me.

So you know, I'm not being critical to pick on you. I'm trying it to help you if I can. It looks to me like you've picked up a lot of information about growing but haven't quite got the pieces put together right. I tell you though, it appears you are way far ahead of where I was at that point.

Go ahead and tell me what your plan is and I'll try to walk you through it and get everything in the right place. On thing however, it looks like your running some sort of hydro system and that is an aspect of growing I have yet to learn.
I got the scrog tied up sideways to be out of the way for now lol and the plan was let it go half the height of distance between net pot and light then 12/12 or until 60 days of veg whichever comes first. Ya I was thinking it should be taller but I’m not having any deficiencies other than when I started I accidentally burned plant when seedling then had calcium deficiency soon after.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

If I turn the light up more intensity than 360 watt or move it closer which I’ve tried both about week ago it’ll start turning tips white.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

If I turn the light up more intensity than 360 watt or move it closer which I’ve tried both about week ago it’ll start turning tips white.

What % is your light at now of its full 360w? I run my 200w COBs at 70% and about 15-18" clearance during veg and 8-10" during bloom. I'm also outside so i dont need CO2 generators. Im betting you're running the fixture at too high % and is why youre getting burnt tips at a more useful clearance. Also, in soil, not being able to move it close enough for good growth without burning the tips can be a sign of potassium deficiency. I don't know hydro so I'm not sure how much I can help in that regard. Being DWC I'm sure there are things I can't anticipate.

(The ScrOG being lifted out of the way makes sense. Dude, I've seen smart people do some less than smart things on here. Had to make sure, hahaha.)

What's the exact model QB you have? I'll look up it's output and see if we can't get a more optimal clearance and output percentage.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

What % is your light at now of its full 360w? I run my 200w COBs at 70% and about 15-18" clearance during veg and 8-10" during bloom. I'm also outside so i dont need CO2 generators. Im betting you're running the fixture at too high % and is why youre getting burnt tips at a more useful clearance. Also, in soil, not being able to move it close enough for good growth without burning the tips can be a sign of potassium deficiency. I don't know hydro so I'm not sure how much I can help in that regard. Being DWC I'm sure there are things I can't anticipate.

(The ScrOG being lifted out of the way makes sense. Dude, I've seen smart people do some less than smart things on here. Had to make sure, hahaha.)

What's the exact model QB you have? I'll look up it's output and see if we can't get a more optimal clearance and output percentage.
I’m using an hlg 600 set at 360 watt

https://growerslights.com/collectio...ure-lighting-group-600h-quantum-board-led-kit

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I got the scrog tied up sideways to be out of the way for now lol and the plan was let it go half the height of distance between net pot and light then 12/12 or until 60 days of veg whichever comes first. Ya I was thinking it should be taller but I’m not having any deficiencies other than when I started I accidentally burned plant when seedling then had calcium deficiency soon after.

Roughly one more month is plenty of time to get your girl caught up if we can figure out why it's growing slow.

Hey, let's switch this over to a PM and get it off of my Grow Log. Don't want it taking over.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Think it’s around 30-40k lux where it’s at right now which is like 36 inches away.

Madmax

Madmax

Jesus that banana ice cream is filthy Junk .nicely formed buds and by the looks of hairs she has a way to go..blows me out seeing somthing soo sticky with all white hairs..would they b around 8 weeks Junk..hows the seeds lookin.ive been trying to see em.they should start showing themselves soon..i left mine till they were starting to drop on ground.
I had em coming up in the middle of winter lol...they were popping up like shrooms everywhere . hehe

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Jesus that banana ice cream is filthy Junk .nicely formed buds and by the looks of hairs she has a way to go..blows me out seeing somthing soo sticky with all white hairs..would they b around 8 weeks Junk..hows the seeds lookin.ive been trying to see em.they should start showing themselves soon..i left mine till they were starting to drop on ground.
I had em coming up in the middle of winter lol...they were popping up like shrooms everywhere . hehe

Thanks.

I think they're about 10 weeks into flower. I flipped in the beginning of October if I remember right. They're taking a while because of the outside temps dropping into the 20's-30'sF. The heater helps but it still gets cold.

Okay, I'm off to eat my chicken sandwich now...
20190114 082245

"Tell her I'm filming this man eating a hamburger, it's... transcendent. Okay, now the pickle!"

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

The Chocolate Nepal's pineapples are beginning to swell. They're not that big but they're straight up rocks. The water leaves are dying but they're still growing.

Banana Ice Cream #4 is developing a bean here and there. She's fully ripe for smoking right now so as soon as the first bean cracks I'm cutting her.

I'm waiting for BIC#5's peak. Going to chopp her at full fire. Won't be long for any of them now.

I'll post up fresh pics in a bit.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 1/16/19

I hope I'm seeing as many seed filled calyces as I think I am on the Chocolate Nepal. This is the only female Nepal I've grown from the four seeds I recovered due to accidental pollination from my neighbors Chocolate Diesel. She's the primary reason for this grow and if all Igot out of it were beans from her it'd still be worth it. Royal Nepal got mad fire genetics.

Chocolate Nepal (pollinated by BIC#4)
20190116 063255

Banana Ice Cream #4 (self pollinated)
20190116 063300

Banana Ice Cream #5 (self pollinated, on a few flowers)
20190116 063306

Latest posts

Top Bottom