Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'm thinking I'll harvest BIC#4 today. She doesn't have many seeds so it'd be a shame to waste all that fire bud. I'm sure I'll get a few beans from her and that's all I need to do a better spring/summer breeding run.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 1/16/19

Harvested Banana Ice Cream #4
20190116 094057
20190116 093957
20190116 094002
20190116 093952
20190116 094016
20190116 094023

Oh, sooo frosty
20190116 102239
20190116 102248

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 1/17/19

That was a crazy storm last night. A few times I thought it was going to roll my trailer. Tent is still there, untouched and nothing outside seems out of place, thank God. It's not even cold right now. The temp jumped from low 40'sF to over 50F around 2am. Supposed to drop to 38F by noon.

Celebrating being unscathed with the new glass blunt. Royal Nepal, Chocolate Orange Creamsicle, and Banana Crack.
20190116 170026

I would probably save a lot of money if I didn't buy my tobacco from a head shop, lol.

Chocolate Nepal
20190117 061655

Banana Ice Cream #5
20190117 061731

Almost done. Not sure if I'll be happier because they're finally finished or because my power bill will drop $100-$150mo. So looking forward to bleaching all that nasty runoff/algae from the floor of my tent. I like my equipment super clean but my condition makes it near impossible for me to get to it while it's that low to the ground.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I'm really diggin that glass blunt. As it ashes you just slide it out and knock it off. Then it keeps burning like a paper/tobacco leaf blunt. Saw the package in my buddy's shop and it said,
20190117 070522

...after I was done laughing he showed me the piece. It's actually a brilliant idea, even if their "motto" doesn't translate well to english, rofl. Thought it was an attachment to one of my electrics until I saw it out of the box. If you see one of these in your local head shop, get it. Waaay worth the $15-$20 if you think of how much it will save you in wraps. It's made by Best Grinder.

Srenots

Srenots

I'm really diggin that glass blunt. As it ashes you just slide it out and knock it off. Then it keeps burning like a paper/tobacco leaf blunt. Saw the package in my buddy's shop and it said,
View attachment 852013
...after I was done laughing he showed me the piece. It's actually a brilliant idea, even if their "motto" doesn't translate well to english, rofl. Thought it was an attachment to one of my electrics until I saw it out of the box. If you see one of these in your local head shop, get it. Waaay worth the $15-$20 if you think of how much it will save you in wraps. It's made by Best Grinder.
luv the glass blunts bro.....works great !

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That thing looks sweet. I've seen twisty glass ones similar to that. Might have to check one of those out.

Yeah, I can see the twisty being a little easier to fine tune for burn, but I think this one is probably easier to load. I'm mostly into pure glass pieces and collect animal ones, but sometimes I'll spring for a clever mechanical. Usually, they're sh*t and I won't use them more than once. Not this one. I can see myself having to soak this blunt in alcohol to clear the resin from using it too much. Going to pick up some to give out as birthday presents this year and to bring along on trades. I do full service deliveries with equipment as well as smoke. These should do well.

I need to try out one of those twistys too.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

HI. Why do you cut the leaves in half? Just curious

I'm guessing you're attempting to answer another thread, but I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about.

If it's on clones, it's to help slow transpiration and retain moisture and the clones don't have roots yet so they can't support whole leaves well. If you minimises the vegetation they can focus their energy on developing roots. It will also help prevent mold and fungus from growing where leaves touch. Cloning is done in a very wet environment and where leaves touch water collects. Good places for unwanteds to grow.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I have to trick my phone into taking these pictures. It's fully capable of macro shots it just doesn't like to focus on close-up subjects.
20190118 104238
20190118 104520

The crystals on these tops are everywhere. Now, I grow some killer good outdoor smoke but I've never seen trichome formation like this on those. I've got a new respect for indoor bud. If it smokes as sweet as it looks and smells I am gonna be one blazed up fool.

...and no more low yield indoor grows. Aside from seed runs like this, even then, I don't plan on growing this low of a yield again. I've learned enough, I don't think it'll be a problem. Thinking smartpots for the next full harvest tent grow. We'll get some air pruning action goin on and fluff these girls right up with optimal nutrient uptake. For ease of up-potting I'll start the garden in plastic, then up-pot the tent keepers to smartpots.

I'm having a dilemma as to what to grow next or my mix of starters. For sure, the Banana Royale (Chocolate Nepal x Banana Ice Cream) are up and need to breed the Chocolate Orange Creamsicle. Probably clone a COC female for the garden. I only have two Banana Crack beans and one is underdeveloped. Will pick up the hunt for more in the shake bags. I want a greater chance for fems so i need the extra beans. I also need to buy some silver thiosulphate to self them properly. That way I can get the stockpile of top shelf beans built up for my grows, trade, and donations. I really hope for a female Banana Crack but if all I get are males I'll "X" them with BIC#4 beans. That should continue the heavy fruity banana phenos with a nice flower structure and those amazing trich formations in the above pics.

If I have enough beans to spare I'd like to do a trade for some Durban Poison, Jack Herer, or GSC. I need that THCv again. It was great for keeping my weight down and since I've been having severe stomach problems it would be nice to smoke something that doesn't give munchies bad or completely nullifies them. This is a medical need so if I can't trade for em I'll have to try to find a way to buy them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom