Just A Stud Flashing His Sack

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

thought I would show off this stud. I need to collect some pollen ASAP and some of these sacks look ready to pop. Aside from toping it and bringing the cut top inside - drying then shaking and collecting the pollen what does everyone else do to collect and store? I have collected it in the last and just curious what everyone else does. I know there is lots of information out there, I have read lots of it, but what do people here do and why? What have you found to be your personal preference?

This big boys is about 8+ft from the ground and even though it’s tucked away it has still skyrocketed

Just a stud flashing his sack

Just a stud flashing his sack 2
Just a stud flashing his sack 3

Shot a few days older but for size reference

Just a stud flashing his sack 4

Ina

Ina

I keep it dry in small paper bag and the bag is in silica bags(these that you can find in new shoes and stuff I hope you understand me haha).Not in the fridge,but trying to keep it really dry.I was doing that trick with the cup of water,another cup on top of it it with hole and the top of the male plant in it:)I will try to find if i have pic of that,saw it here on the forum I think....If it is almost matured it will open enough sacks that way in water like flower and the pollen falls in the upper plastic cup......This time I just collected it and put it in paper between silica bags because I was using it immediately,i still have some but I don't know how long it is going to last.

xavier7995

xavier7995

A few days before it looks like it will splooge everywhere i chop the branches off and down to a reasonable size, leaving the stems fairly long. The cut end goes into a container of water large enough to not tip and wide enough that the flowering balls hang over the edge. I put some foil or parchment paper down to catch it. A big clear tote then gets put over the whole thing and it hangs out under 12/12 till pollen drops. Then it dries for a week.

To store i cut it by at least half with flour or cornstarch, leaning towards corn starch being a better cutting agent. I think it is less likely to have moisture or other contaminants. I toss some rice in as well to act as a desiccant. Then onto the shelf or into the freezer it goes in a glass jar.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’ve always separated my males into another room. (indoor growing of course) Sometimes in the basement. I leave the lights off and wait until he drops the pollen onto sheets of paper. Then I take the pollen and transfer it into little plastic bags. Mix it with some flour and stick it in the freezer until I’m ready to use it. Pretty simple stuff really.

Necromancer

Necromancer

The longest i had pollen that was stored was for 2yrs before use. I would collect the pollen straight from the tree to a vile making sure to discard any flower material or pistils. I leave the vile open for a week before dropping a few grains of rice and storing in the freezer. I leave it to dry for a week because fresh pollen is moist and clumps up and turns to a dark yellow color when collected or stored incorrectly.

Top Bottom