Just Another Noob

• Thread starter rendor11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rendor11

rendor11

Hello everyone. I'm Bob. When I was 18 I decided to be an Automotive mechanic and nobody would teach me a damn thing. So when all the techs went home I taught myself how to machine rotors and drums, how to use the Alignment machine, How to use the press, how to weld, how to use the CNC machine and everything else I could get my hands on. Today I'm a teacher and I don't play that shit. If I lose my job because some kid is better than I am than so be it. I don't get my rocks off by holding people back in life.

See for some reason old heads are terrified to teach "newbs" what they know because they think they're going to lose their jobs. What kills me about growing weed is that none of you are losing anything but you still play the same mind games. "I feed my plants 4 times a day for 45 minutes" "Hell I feel my plants all day long"... See I'm guessing it's against the rules to call someone out for giving CLEARLY bad advice. So that's what people do right? Just give newbs like me horrible advice knowing we're going to kill our plants because there are no repercussions. It's fun right? Something to pass the time?

This is my first post on my first forum and I'm growing my first 3 plants using hydroponics. I don't DARE ask what I'm doing wrong because I already know I'll get F'd with by someone who clearly knows nothing about hydroponics. I love those posts!!! They go like this "Hi I'm ed and I don't know anything about Hydroponics because I grow in dirt, BUT if I WAS to grow in Hydroponics I would feed my plants dehydrated banana peels and Donkey Piss 12 times a day!! "I wonder if he'll do it Steve" "He's a newb of course he will lmao"

Somehow nobody sees this as a problem. Personally I think ANYONE caught giving moronic advice should be banned for life.

PS. Considering NONE of you figured this out on your own I think it would magnanimous of you to maybe share the wealth and stop messing with people. "Well did you read these 85 forums" It's all right there is you have 6 months to spare.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

.... just have to ask questions the proper way . The problem I see isn't the questions it's the ppl asking them are normally to lazy or to stupid to look it up themselves . Therefore if you ask a stupid question you'll get a stupid answer !

rendor11

rendor11

.... just have to ask questions the proper way . The problem I see isn't the questions it's the ppl asking them are normally to lazy or to stupid to look it up themselves . Therefore if you ask a stupid question you'll get a stupid answer !

You can't fix stupid. You have to find a polite way to weed these people out. I'm talking about the people who won't even read something that's been written at the top of the very thread he/she posted on. Better to ignore those people than to send them on a wild goose chase or flat out lie to them.

Another thing, enough with the slang!! You tell me to start using Newts and tomorrow I have 10 Salamanders crawling around my half dead plants! I guess you think that's funny but it isn't. Everyone wants to sound like "Cardi B" and "Offset" Whoever the hell they are.... How hard is it to write "Nutrients"? Is this world that messed up that literally nobody can speak and spell English anymore?

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This are only my views.

I'm a noob that has received a shit ton of good info from this site.

There is plenty of information here all neatly stickied at the top of threads. There is google and a lot of the time the answers lead back to this site. I have yet to see someone providing information and asking a question purposefully told bad information. See these ppl don't get paid to answer questions and there is no entitlement to an answer, especially when its in 400 different places on the site and all they need to do is read. When you get the same question 100 times a day that is easily answered almost anywhere you click on the site it annoys ppl at the least. For instance look at this sticky https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/read-me-first.1245/ I would guess 99% of questions in regards to plant health do not even open the "READ ME FIRST" sticky.

The issue is these ppl post with no info, most often no pic or pic and no info EXPECT an answer. You get out what you put in and you should know that being a teacher. If someone is not willing to help themselves why the hell should anyone else help them. You see entitlement is a real problem nowadays. When I was young I would ask my parents for the answer and they would give me the book with the answer somewhere in it and say look it up. Now everyone feels entitled to an answer just for asking a question. This is not the case so get over that. You ask a stupid question get a stupid answer. See as a teacher you should understand if you just give an answer your not helping them learn your teaching them all I have to do is ask and there is no need to learn, give them the tools to learn and let them. (the tools are all here) then they can ask questions.

I don't give bad information intentionally and try to be cautious whenever I give info. But when you see that stupid question with no attempt to solve it themselves I don't blame ppl for doing so.

Signed, FUCK ENTITLEMENT

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Hi I’m CrimsonEcho and i don’t know anything about hydroponics because i grow in dirt, but if i was to grow in hydroponics i would just ask my question and eliminate the moronic suggestions using common sense and basic horticulture knowledge.

rendor11

rendor11

Hi I’m CrimsonEcho and i don’t know anything about hydroponics because i grow in dirt, but if i was to grow in hydroponics i would just ask my question and eliminate the moronic suggestions using common sense and basic horticulture knowledge.
I've been on message boards since the 80's with CompuServe and a Commodore 64. I used to be real big on free speech, I disliked the whole concept of forum moderators, but these days I understand moderators are a necessary evil. So that being said, I think if you give someone bad or suspect advice you should probably have your posting privileges revoked for a few weeks. If you do it again you should probably be banned.

I shouldn't have to try and decipher whether or not a suggestion is from a serious grower with good intentions versus a snot nosed punk who developed a god complex just because he figured out how to grow marijuana in his Mothers basement. None of this is brain surgery, though I do a have a profound respect for those of you who have spent a lifetime doing it.

I figure if girls can get paid to shake their rumps on a webcam why can't growers get paid for technical support? Why don't you find the top 50 growers on here and start paying these people? Then they won't be so pissed off and jaded when people ask "Did I feed my plant too much"

Ever seen the movie The Color Of Money starring Tom Cruz? Fast Eddie Felson says that anyone who is the best at something, no matter what it is, can get rich. I'll paypal someone $20 right now for an hour of REAL tech support. This site is a damn gold mine but some of you would rather play games. Exploitation has been around longer than weed! Time to get your shit together!

So find the Webmaster and add a new link up top that says PAID TECH SUPPORT! Separate it into Hydroponics/Indoor/Outdoor/Autoflowers/Cloning etc etc Use a Bot to weed out the Nimrods and keep about 20 well established growers on stand by. Interview these people and make sure they're legit first. Charge people like me $20 an hour and keep half for the site. I bet most noobies like me would be MORE than HAPPY to pay! I have several books that I've read front to back many times now but I still have specific questions. I'll admit, I am trying to bypass allot of trial and error but I have cancer and I just don't have the time to waste. I don't want fake pity I just want the real people here. Will the real slim shady please stand up!

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

3 posts... and all of it.... I am Canadian, I am Canadian, I am Canadian... Never mind carry on.

H

heisen

Hello everyone. I'm Bob. When I was 18 I decided to be an Automotive mechanic and nobody would teach me a damn thing. So when all the techs went home I taught myself how to machine rotors and drums, how to use the Alignment machine, How to use the press, how to weld, how to use the CNC machine and everything else I could get my hands on. Today I'm a teacher and I don't play that shit. If I lose my job because some kid is better than I am than so be it. I don't get my rocks off by holding people back in life.

See for some reason old heads are terrified to teach "newbs" what they know because they think they're going to lose their jobs. What kills me about growing weed is that none of you are losing anything but you still play the same mind games. "I feed my plants 4 times a day for 45 minutes" "Hell I feel my plants all day long"... See I'm guessing it's against the rules to call someone out for giving CLEARLY bad advice. So that's what people do right? Just give newbs like me horrible advice knowing we're going to kill our plants because there are no repercussions. It's fun right? Something to pass the time?

This is my first post on my first forum and I'm growing my first 3 plants using hydroponics. I don't DARE ask what I'm doing wrong because I already know I'll get F'd with by someone who clearly knows nothing about hydroponics. I love those posts!!! They go like this "Hi I'm ed and I don't know anything about Hydroponics because I grow in dirt, BUT if I WAS to grow in Hydroponics I would feed my plants dehydrated banana peels and Donkey Piss 12 times a day!! "I wonder if he'll do it Steve" "He's a newb of course he will lmao"

Somehow nobody sees this as a problem. Personally I think ANYONE caught giving moronic advice should be banned for life.

PS. Considering NONE of you figured this out on your own I think it would magnanimous of you to maybe share the wealth and stop messing with people. "Well did you read these 85 forums" It's all right there is you have 6 months to spare.

Have you looked into fast buds blue dream?So dank you can smoke the stems and it will knock your dick off.
I would start there and maybe research DWC.Good starting point is lots of Organic matter,Make a nice slurry from organic materials from left over supper.Throw in some biobiz marine nutes and anything organic.
Be sure to Ph to around 4.5 using vinegar or lemon juice.Organic lemon juice is better.DWC you need stagnant water.The more stagnant the better.Some guys use air stones but its un necessary.There should be plenty of organic matter in there to create lots of bubbles and co2 gas.
Hope this is helpful.Oh yeah and use clear totes like from walmart.The more lights tht get through the better.It can feed the enzymes in the water mix.Roots love it.
As long as your roots are brown and have a nice lush slime on them your in there bro.This is what your looking for.

IMG 01074

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Have you looked into fast buds blue dream?So dank you can smoke the stems and it will knock your dick off.
I would start there and maybe research DWC.Good starting point is lots of Organic matter,Make a nice slurry from organic materials from left over supper.Throw in some biobiz marine nutes and anything organic.
Be sure to Ph to around 4.5 using vinegar or lemon juice.Organic lemon juice is better.DWC you need stagnant water.The more stagnant the better.Some guys use air stones but its un necessary.There should be plenty of organic matter in there to create lots of bubbles and co2 gas.
Hope this is helpful.Oh yeah and use clear totes like from walmart.The more lights tht get through the better.It can feed the enzymes in the water mix.Roots love it.
As long as your roots are brown and have a nice lush slime on them your in there bro.This is what your looking for.

View attachment 820244
Merica fuck yeah!

Rcubed

Rcubed

View attachment 820244
Laughing chimp

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
This thread needs a sticky.

Dude seriously none of us give two shits. We do this shit for the fuck of it. I love helping new people and will do it so long as they don’t cop an attitude. So sit the fuck down and chill the fuck out. If you have a questions ask it. Seriously bro we don’t get paid to do this shit. I love helping new folks and don’t even mind that their answer is one post above theirs. But don’t act like we are fuckin with people. That just isn’t the case.

Btw welcome to the farm. Enjoy your stay.

PS: I turn 40 this weekend so I’m getting drunk.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
This thread needs a sticky.

Dude seriously none of us give two shits. We do this shit for the fuck of it. I love helping new people and will do it so long as they don’t cop an attitude. So sit the fuck down and chill the fuck out. If you have a questions ask it. Seriously bro we don’t get paid to do this shit. I love helping new folks and don’t even mind that their answer is one post above theirs. But don’t act like we are fuckin with people. That just isn’t the case.

Btw welcome to the farm. Enjoy your stay.

PS: I turn 40 this weekend so I’m getting drunk.
Haaha, happy birthday, 9 days I’ll be 48 years young, saaaaluu

Top Bottom