Just Built Light Fixture For My 4x4, Feedback Please

• Thread starter Shan1784
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shan1784

So I just got my ipower 4x4 tent. FYI, dont buy ipower tents. After setup and hooking light up I can see a few places where light is escaping. But this is my first run at a grow so I will eventually build a dedicated room instead of using a tent.

So my fixture I built for veg is 2x qb288 and 2x qb96 boards. Getting 400w at the wall, 300w for the qb288's and 100w for the qb96's. All are in 5000k. Drivers being used are HLG-240H-C2100A for the 288's in series and an HLG-80H-48A for the 96's in series.

My flower fixture isn't built yet but I've got 4 qb304 boards in 2700k for that. No driver yet bit figure I have a while to plan out my flower tent or maybe even finish the room my tent is in for flowering.

My tent is located in my basement under my porch which is enclosed in cement except for the one doorway which you can see in the pics. Interested to see how this environment will be for growing.

Looking to grow 3 maybe 4 plants in DWC or possibly RDWC.

Still need to setup ventilation and then run and monitor temps / humidity and address issues there before starting the grow. Hope to be underway by the end of the year. Oh yeah, I'm in Michigan and we just got adult use passed in the election so pretty excited.

Looking for feedback as I'm very new to this and wanting to do things right off the start. Thanks in advance.

Just built light fixture for my 4x4 feedback please
Just built light fixture for my 4x4 feedback please 2
Just built light fixture for my 4x4 feedback please 3

S

Shan1784

Off to a great start. Your light setup is about identical to mine. You will like the QB's. Good to see more people starting to grow there own.

Thank you for the reassurance. My only concern was that it wasn't going to be enough light.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Thank you for the reassurance. My only concern was that it wasn't going to be enough light.
Are you using just one tent for veg and flower? In my 3x3 veg tent I run a HLG 260 xw (2-288 boards), and in my 4x4 flower tent I run 2- 260 xw. Pulling 120 watts at the wall in veg, and pulling 400 watts at the wall in my flower tent. So nice to be able to turn these down and loose very little spectrum.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I'm digging the set up so far. Ventilation, air exchange, circulation, humidity control, temp control with the lights running. All important before introducing plants. You will be more at ease if you dial in the environment before trying to man handle your plants. Just a bit of advice to a new grower. I'm no expert, but I speak from experience.

S

Shan1784

Are you using just one tent for veg and flower? In my 3x3 veg tent I run a HLG 260 xw (2-288 boards), and in my 4x4 flower tent I run 2- 260 xw. Pulling 120 watts at the wall in veg, and pulling 400 watts at the wall in my flower tent. So nice to be able to turn these down and loose very little spectrum.

My plan initially was get the veg tent up and while I have plants in veg get another tent setup for flower so I could keep a constant rotation going but now thinking that may be overkill for how much I actually use. Not to mention with the new law we are limited to 10oz total in our residence. 10oz would last me a very long time. Not to mention cut down on the electric bill if I only run one tent.

That's one thing I was wondering. How far I can turn down these lights while still being affective for the plants. How many plants do you have in veg under the 288's @ 120w?

S

Shan1784

I'm digging the set up so far. Ventilation, air exchange, circulation, humidity control, temp control with the lights running. All important before introducing plants. You will be more at ease if you dial in the environment before trying to man handle your plants. Just a bit of advice to a new grower. I'm no expert, but I speak from experience.

Exactly my plan. I have no clue as to how off the environment will be in that room so I'm sure its def going to take some tweaking.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Here's a little checklist to consider.

Air exchange? Does room get fresh air? In and out? Odor control important?
Humidity control. Get a couple thermometer/hydrometer gadgets. Amazon like 8 bucks. Observe what your environment does during veg vs flower light schedule. Choosing to run lights during the day or night can effect grow room temps and humidity too. Keep that in mind. Decide if you'll need humidifier or dehumidifier. Or both if you want to get really technical. Set up. Observe. Then adjust. The plants pretty much grow by themselves. You're the one providing them a healthy environment.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Looks like a gooood setup. Like everyone said, environment willl be the main thing to tackle as you go. Heat would be a factor knowing the winters y’all get!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom