Just Get My Grow Room Done,any Led Recommendation?

• Thread starter JAY EE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JAY EE

JAY EE

Hi,thank you guys!It will be my first time to grow,Just done my grow room yesterday.My budget would be $300,planning to grow 3-5 plants.I'm looking for some high cost performance lights.I've heard some good things of MEIZHI and Mars Hydro.Which is better for a beginner?Very appreciated.

DGP

DGP

Mars and all the others pretty much on Ebay and Amazon are trash, dont waste your money. Mars, Morsen, Viparspectra all of those and more are junk with absolute lies on their specification sheets. They often fail within months. Often you see 1200 watt fixtures advertised that REALLY draw from the wall 200-300 watts, if we could find LED systems that efficient we would all be buying them and it just is a huge marketing lie.

Read these threads before you buy and at least youll know what you are getting into:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/led-lighting-sh-t-or-shinola.94690/#post-2104566
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...um-and-large-grows.64252/page-37#post-2094329
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/sixstrings-led-cob-builds.85163/page-44#post-2104717

Build a COB system or Quantum board system. DIY is easier than you think its just hooking up a few wires and putting together the COB chips to a heatsink, or buy a kit or a fixture from Timber etc. Rapid LED makes kits as well as reasonable costing fixtures. DIY you can do it for under $300 but plug and play may be a little more.

www.cobkits.com
www.rapidled.com

K

kansabis

You could get a decent cob or quantum board setup for 300-400,if you get the eBay or amazon lights you will end up getting new lights after a grow or 2 anyways,so I would recommend getting what you can now as far as cob or QB and adding more later or just picking up some hid lighting maybe a cmh until you could afford the right led.

K

kansabis

I feel ya,I got amazon prime and admit it is my first place to look for just about everything,ledgrowlightsdepot does have free shipping over 100 and has all the hlg quantum boards and kits for sale now.

JAY EE

JAY EE

Mars and all the others pretty much on Ebay and Amazon are trash, dont waste your money. Mars, Morsen, Viparspectra all of those and more are junk with absolute lies on their specification sheets. They often fail within months. Often you see 1200 watt fixtures advertised that REALLY draw from the wall 200-300 watts, if we could find LED systems that efficient we would all be buying them and it just is a huge marketing lie.

Read these threads before you buy and at least youll know what you are getting into:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/led-lighting-sh-t-or-shinola.94690/#post-2104566
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...um-and-large-grows.64252/page-37#post-2094329
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/sixstrings-led-cob-builds.85163/page-44#post-2104717

Build a COB system or Quantum board system. DIY is easier than you think its just hooking up a few wires and putting together the COB chips to a heatsink, or buy a kit or a fixture from Timber etc. Rapid LED makes kits as well as reasonable costing fixtures. DIY you can do it for under $300 but plug and play may be a little more.

www.cobkits.com
www.rapidled.com
Thank you,man.What you said is really helpful!I have no experience about that since I am new,I am now considering to find a way to try DIY light.I said Mars Hydro because my friend have 2 Mars lights.It seems that the plants are growing happily.I also heard some good things of MEIZHI.I will do a lot of surveys before I make any decision.Thanks.

JAY EE

JAY EE

You could get a decent cob or quantum board setup for 300-400,if you get the eBay or amazon lights you will end up getting new lights after a grow or 2 anyways,so I would recommend getting what you can now as far as cob or QB and adding more later or just picking up some hid lighting maybe a cmh until you could afford the right led.
COB sounds great but I don't know what do you mean 300-400,is that dollars?Sorry for the stupid question cuz I am new.Add more later same like a little bit tough to me.I just hope to get an integrate setup and grow.Thank you anyway.

DGP

DGP

Thank you,man.What you said is really helpful!I have no experience about that since I am new,I am now considering to find a way to try DIY light.I said Mars Hydro because my friend have 2 Mars lights.It seems that the plants are growing happily.I also heard some good things of MEIZHI.I will do a lot of surveys before I make any decision.Thanks.

Mars and so many of the others DO work but are limited by the fact that they overstate their specifications (lie) and the color of the light is way off. Heck, you can grow some cannabis with almost any light source but the outcome will be limited by the performance of a given light.

In other words, my beef with Mars and others like them is the falsification of what the lights are vs. their actual performance. People raise cannabis crops under them all the time but the results would be better with a quality LED system.

If your really into growing and are going to stay with it then I would encourage you to struggle to do it with the best quality you can afford. I have been growing just 3 years but I am quite committed to it and if I had done some things differently I would have spent a lot less over that period of time. It is quite easy to waste a lot of money figuring it all out. However, I don't worry too much about it because some of it was a natural process of bumping around hitting my head and making mistakes (learning).

Dee

DGP

DGP

Thank you,sir.Your information is pretty helpful to me.I will check it out.

I really like to see those more readily available in a plug and play kit, will make it nice for non-DIY folks.

However, for $99 per 65w system it is on par with the cost of COB's that can purr along at 65W each (some of the higher voltage COBs 72V, 130watt but efficient at 65W). I think an ideal system for me would have a mixture of COBs and quantum.

K

kansabis

Yeah the 300-400 was dollars,for that size of space I dont think you could get a led setup in that budget so I would say go with hps or cmh if heat and electricity isn't an issue,if you have anymore questions ask away and I'm sure someone here can help you out.

Skurt

Skurt

If you want LEDs but is just a bit from affording optimum lighting right now, if I was you, I'd get sum quality cob's as many affordable and rotate the plants and rotate plants if needed. $300 would buy atleast 200w of cob's wich couls last you this run. Meanwhile you save another $600 for 2 more 200w kits to cover the rest of your 4x5 :p

MissBotany

MissBotany

This is my first grow. I decided to start with GalaxyHydro 600w full spectrum LEDs. Bought of amazon. Grow space is a 3x3 tent. This brand was recommend by another grow site. So far so good. Plants are thriving.

K

kansabis

They will veg ok and also hurt your eyes and make everything have a green tint after looking inside at your flowers,however they do not flower as well and do generate some heat and noise due to cooling fans. They aren't completely worthless but are falsely advertised and overpriced for their actual quality and ability. I had a galaxyhydro 300 and ran it through flower a couple times then it got used only for veg until I could afford better lights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom