Just Get My Grow Room Done,any Led Recommendation?

• Thread starter JAY EE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MissBotany

MissBotany

They will veg ok and also hurt your eyes and make everything have a green tint after looking inside at your flowers,however they do not flower as well and do generate some heat and noise due to cooling fans. They aren't completely worthless but are falsely advertised and overpriced for their actual quality and ability. I had a galaxyhydro 300 and ran it through flower a couple times then it got used only for veg until I could afford better lights.
What lights did you end up buying for flowering?

K

kansabis

What lights did you end up buying for flowering?
Right now I use 2 vero29 cobs at 50w each in a 20in x 36in tent,got everything from rapid led and for veg I got a hlg65 quantum board,my veros are 3500k I believe and the hlg65 is 4000k spectrum. Also no cooling fans required for either,only a exhaust fan for carbon filter and a circulation fan.

JAY EE

JAY EE

Yeah the 300-400 was dollars,for that size of space I dont think you could get a led setup in that budget so I would say go with hps or cmh if heat and electricity isn't an issue,if you have anymore questions ask away and I'm sure someone here can help you out.
Got it.I really wanna complete my led setup cuz I joined some Facebook groups,these guys r using LED and the outcome is really nice.I guess it's maybe come from the spectrum,it seems like the various spectrum can help a lot.I think I am going to save more dollars to get Leds. Thahk you:)

JAY EE

JAY EE

Mars and so many of the others DO work but are limited by the fact that they overstate their specifications (lie) and the color of the light is way off. Heck, you can grow some cannabis with almost any light source but the outcome will be limited by the performance of a given light.

In other words, my beef with Mars and others like them is the falsification of what the lights are vs. their actual performance. People raise cannabis crops under them all the time but the results would be better with a quality LED system.

If your really into growing and are going to stay with it then I would encourage you to struggle to do it with the best quality you can afford. I have been growing just 3 years but I am quite committed to it and if I had done some things differently I would have spent a lot less over that period of time. It is quite easy to waste a lot of money figuring it all out. However, I don't worry too much about it because some of it was a natural process of bumping around hitting my head and making mistakes (learning).

Dee
I do hope that I can get some quality led,Cob or Hps is not so suitable for me.I noticed that many LED equipped with Veg/flower button,seems like quite easy to control.I do also like that spectrum and some light with IR/UV.I think I am going to try to get bills and start to grow 2-3 plants under led to have a try.If led let me down,I maybe go for cob/hps

JAY EE

JAY EE

If you want LEDs but is just a bit from affording optimum lighting right now, if I was you, I'd get sum quality cob's as many affordable and rotate the plants and rotate plants if needed. $300 would buy atleast 200w of cob's wich couls last you this run. Meanwhile you save another $600 for 2 more 200w kits to cover the rest of your 4x5 :p
Sounds like a good ldea,I am considering.Thanks a lot.;)

P

Pikke

That light is for both veg and flower?How many plants under that light?
yes, my plants are growth stage,so far so great quality and works well for my plants, I am really impressed with the power of the light and easy of set-up. I recommend this product.

JAY EE

JAY EE

I'm running a Mars reflector that I get it from Amazon,it's my first LED cuz I used hps before,and I just CAN'T stop now,I feel like I am a great grower with using LED.It's perfect so far.View attachment 788236
Wooow..It's really awesome.how many wattage is the light?looks pretty good,is it both perfect for veg and flower cycles?I am considering to get it.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

You folks running the older Mars..better know how to solder! Those things burn diodes faster than you can replace them (10 cent each Epileds etc suck)..Gromau5 has a neat video on converting them to COBs. Google and you will find it..I began with Meizhi 450s (2) and added a Nextlight Mini and Now adding the QBs..The Meizhis are great for the $$, but no match for the QBs..The Mars lights have major trouble in flower too.

Too many are taken in by the marketing BS on these lights..ie: "replaces a 600watt HID"..LOL..Pure BS!!

The Nextlight Mini states..150 watts from the wall..Yes, but ohhh what watts..QBs (132's) can pull up to 70watts each and are still the most efficient lights out there for the $$; imo of course

Since Mars lights are such rubbish..I chose not to even entertain their tents..
Soon I guess they will begin selling their own Nutes..LMAO

dan1989

dan1989

In my personal experience I have found the cheapo LED units to be great for veg, not so great for flower. So now I use my Chinese LED (the plain white no-brand) for veg and 600w HPS for flower.

K

kansabis

In my personal experience I have found the cheapo LED units to be great for veg, not so great for flower. So now I use my Chinese LED (the plain white no-brand) for veg and 600w HPS for flower.
That's why the pics I always see of people saying they have a mars,etc and its doing great is in veg not flower lol

dan1989

dan1989

That's why the pics I always see of people saying they have a mars,etc and its doing great is in veg not flower lol

Yeah I found this out a couple years ago. But did well in all the single plant grows I did. Not so great for bigger tents and multiple plants. Light is powerful enough but no light spread so by the time you lift it high enough to cover all the plants it's useless. They did well by me for veg and I'll leave it at that :)

Top Bottom