Izzy1980

Just planted root riot plugs in coco with 29% Perlite, ph is showing as 7?,

Can I use Ph down so early (pics attached, they are 1 pic of each plant),

Any advice would be much appreciated

Just planted seedlings   ph up
Just planted seedlings   ph up 2
Nugg

Nugg

Idk..I'm hydro but I only use me well water for first week..its 7.1..i haven't had any issues.. then I drop to 6.5 and slowly go down to a 6. To the end.and the ones I throw outside.....,get it from the garden hose..so ...

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Hi Nugg,

I know that Coco is 5.5-6.8 and as its showing as a tad over 7, im trying to work out whats making it higher, maybe the added nutes in the Coco I used, only.other thing I've added is Perlite (and its neutral Ph)

20190309 101952
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

pH matters because it affects nutrient availability. Your seedlings arent really taking in nutes much yet. 7 is fine for now, 6.2 will be better later.

pH Down solution, used as directed, will never hurt your plants, if you stop in the golden range of 5.8 to 6.5 more or less.

B

Burned Haze

If your coco than try to keep ph at 5.8-6.2 ( I like it at 6)
It’s the sweet spot for absorption of cal/mag and most of nutes, ive tried 5.8 and I always get purp stems cause I can’t absorb calcium/magnesium as fast as it should.

Soil ph = 6.3-6.5 veg, 6.5-6.8 flower

Hydro ph = 5.5-5.8 ( I’m def no expert, not sure if I’m flower you go 5.8-6.0 to absorb more for hydro)

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

If your coco than try to keep ph at 5.8-6.2 ( I like it at 6)
It’s the sweet spot for absorption of cal/mag and most of nutes, ive tried 5.8 and I always get purp stems cause I can’t absorb calcium/magnesium as fast as it should.

Soil ph = 6.3-6.5 veg, 6.5-6.8 flower

Hydro ph = 5.5-5.8 ( I’m def no expert, not sure if I’m flower you go 5.8-6.0 to absorb more for hydro)
Thanks, do you know if I can add a ph down solution so early in the seedlings growth or could it kill it?

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

That's really reassuring thanks, when do you introduce nutes to the feed, is it 2/3 weeks into growth dya think?

Izzy

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Makes sense Chemistry Thank you, I think I make it harder on myself as I read so much and so many different people have massively different views it boggles my mind

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Good advice thank you, I agree, I just make it harder reading dozens of forums

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

The humidity and temp in my little grow tent are 24-25° and the humidy is around 40%,

Is the humidity too low, ive seen people here on 60% humidity or thereabouts as a rule?

Izzy

K

Kot

Ph down won't hurt you plants, don't worry.

Your humidity is too low, yes. I keep 70% humidity during the seedling stage. I never go to 40% even in the flowering.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Run my humidity at 50% in veg, a bucket of water with an air stone bubbling in the corner will bump it up if you need to.
Hi Chemistry and Kot,

Im only growing 2 x Plants, I checked.the humidity today and its 29°, what the cheapest eau to create humidity, I tried a bowl with a cloth inside and 2 inches if water (read it here somewhere), but its made.no difference,

Can't afford a humidifier sadly at the moment?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Im a real newb, what is ppms? Sorry!!

PPM is parts per million. It’s a TDS measurement of total dissolved solids in your water or nutrient feeding solution. Buy a TDS meter and find out what the ppm (or ec) is for your tap water or whatever water you are using to grow. Note the measurement and then add in your nutrients. Then take another reading. The difference is the amount of nutrients you’ve added to your source water.

In hydroponics it’s important to know the conductivity value of your input solution and the value of your runoff or output solution. The difference tells you how well your plants are feeding and absorbing the nutrients it’s being fed.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

PPM is parts per million. It’s a TDS measurement of total dissolved solids in your water or nutrient feeding solution. Buy a TDS meter and find out what the ppm (or ec) is for your tap water or whatever water you are using to grow. Note the measurement and then add in your nutrients. Then take another reading. The difference is the amount of nutrients you’ve added to your source water.

In hydroponics it’s important to know the conductivity value of your input solution and the value of your runoff or output solution. The difference tells you how well your plants are feeding and absorbing the nutrients it’s being fed.
Wow, I hope Im as knowledgable as you o e day!!, that's great, thanks so much for taking the time to explain, you need to learn so much its great learning!!!

Top Bottom