Just Planted Seedlings - Ph Up?

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kot

Hi Chemistry and Kot,

Im only growing 2 x Plants, I checked.the humidity today and its 29°, what the cheapest eau to create humidity, I tried a bowl with a cloth inside and 2 inches if water (read it here somewhere), but its made.no difference,

Can't afford a humidifier sadly at the moment?
There is no cheap way to do it. I have 10 disk ultrasonic mist maker from aliexpres I think for about $120.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi Chemistry and Kot,

Im only growing 2 x Plants, I checked.the humidity today and its 29°, what the cheapest eau to create humidity, I tried a bowl with a cloth inside and 2 inches if water (read it here somewhere), but its made.no difference,

There’s a thread here on how to make your own if you have some parts handy. A very basic concept that is mostly a fan blowing over water. You can create more evaporative surface by using something to soak up the water and allow air to pass through it. A simple wet washcloth over a small fan can help in the meantime. It’s not ideal but it’ll help.

chemistry

chemistry

Hi Chemistry and Kot,

Get a bucket of water with an airpump and airstone bubbling in the corner, costs cents in electric to run. Start with half a bucket of water and see how you go, if you need more humidity, then fill the bucket with more water.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Get a bucket of water with an airpump and airstone bubbling in the corner, costs cents in electric to run. Start with half a bucket of water and see how you go, if you need more humidity, then fill the bucket with more water.
I'll look into that now, thank you

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

I didnt mention, ive got the humidity to a steady 48°, i have a 7cm deep Garden tray with a wire cooking tray (like a cake airer)inside the tray (the racks on legs) with the plants sitting on the tray and I have put some water in the tray underneath (not sure if this would work long term) whay do you think?

chemistry

chemistry

I didnt mention, ive got the humidity to a steady 48°, i have a 7cm deep Garden tray with a wire cooking tray (like a cake airer)inside the tray (the racks on legs) with the plants sitting on the tray and I have put some water in the tray underneath (not sure if this would work long term) whay do you think?

Could be a little higher, but you should be ok at 48%.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Could be a little higher, but you should be ok at 48%.
Temps 25°, leaves were droopy this morning (pic attached) fine yesterday, only thing I changed was lowered the lights by 10", changed it back, not overwatering,

Dya think thats my problem with the leaves?

2nd pic is 2nd plant, has no height??,

The strain is "The easy one" for my first Autoflower grow, im getting confused all ready lol

chemistry

chemistry

Temps 25°, leaves were droopy this morning (pic attached) fine yesterday, only thing I changed was lowered the lights by 10", changed it back, not overwatering,

Dya think thats my problem with the leaves?

2nd pic is 2nd plant, has no height??,

The strain is "The easy one" for my first Autoflower grow, im getting confused all ready lol

Looking at your medium, you could water more, the seedling at that stage needs humidity from the ground it's growing in, both for humidity and to replenish what it has perspired through it's leaves as it sucks up nuits. So your a long way from over watering at this stage, aim to keep the medium moist, but not wet. Can you stick up a pic in normal light.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Just planted root riot plugs in coco with 29% Perlite, ph is showing as 7?,

Can I use Ph down so early (pics attached, they are 1 pic of each plant),

Any advice would be much appreciated
At this stage of life, do. Nothing. Ph issues are root related. Mess with ph about 3 weeks in. Yes it’s better to have slightly acidic soil but. My experience has been with seeds to leave em alone, don’t over water or over parent them

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

At this stage of life, do. Nothing. Ph issues are root related. Mess with ph about 3 weeks in. Yes it’s better to have slightly acidic soil but. My experience has been with seeds to leave em alone, don’t over water or over parent them
That's exactly what im doing, over parenting, I just need to stop fiddling with them, im terrible

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Looking at your medium, you could water more, the seedling at that stage needs humidity from the ground it's growing in, both for humidity and to replenish what it has perspired through it's leaves as it sucks up nuits. So your a long way from over watering at this stage, aim to keep the medium moist, but not wet. Can you stick up a pic in normal light.
Sorry, I missed your post,

I've added pics of both of them for you to look at, first 3 are 1 plant, last 3, the other one

20190315 214538
20190315 214554
20190315 214545
20190315 214649
20190315 214654
20190315 214654
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Hi Chemistry and Kot,

Got a spray bottle? Just mist that shit since you are in there every 5 mins anyways lol

chemistry

chemistry

Sorry, I missed your post,

I've added pics of both of them for you to look at, first 3 are 1 plant, last 3, the other one

Your seedlings have good colour, so your going in the right direction, like its been said, don't fiddle. lol Do you have a oscillating fan gently blowing over your seedlings to toughen them up? Also helps stop the leaves sticking together when they sweat.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Got a spray bottle? Just mist that shit since you are in there every 5 mins anyways lol
I might just sit in the grow tent then with a spray bottle lol, can you get a tan from LED's
Your seedlings have good colour, so your going in the right direction, like its been said, don't fiddle. lol Do you have a oscillating fan gently blowing over your seedlings to toughen them up? Also helps stop the leaves sticking together when they sweat.
Hi Chemistry ,

I have 2 x 6" oscilaters (both of which just gave up and stopped working), I was going to buy a Monkey fan but the reviews everywhere are diabolical, seems most growers hate them,

Pedestal won't fit (60x60x140 tent) so the short answer lol,would be no,

The ones I have, both stopped Oscillating after a couple of weeks, atm im just using them in tamdem to circulate so air at least but they're not the strongest, I think I could fart harder,

Any recommendations?, I've looked loads of places for one to fit, that oscillates

Latest posts

Top Bottom