Just Starting Out

• Thread starter Startingout
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Startingout

HiYa..Welcome..
I would recommend NOT going down to 2700k during veg..it will cause more stretching. Also as you go down the road..plz check out the multiple threads on the importance of quality lighting so you are not discouraged (Especially in Flower)..You CAN do it, but yields and potency will suffer dramatically under CFLs. I do use them for germination/young seedlings in "daylight" with great results..
There are many opinions on light cycles, but I always use 18/6 for veg and the traditional 12/12 when flipping to flower..(this is for PHOTOS..Autos are another story).

EDIT: since I don't grow autos, I have only heard that anything under 18/6 can hurt yields and potency, since their lives are relatively short. Many select 24hrs on with good results (Bad for power bills..LOL)
That's what I've been reading myself 18/6 seems to be the General opinion

S

Startingout

Also they say it's going to be nice next week, do you think it would be good for the plants if I get them out in the backyard or even maybe make a little shelter type with a frame and plastic it, would they grow better?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Hahahow do you stop looking at them every ten minutes lol, think I might be getting the bug I sure hope this works out, it's about the only way I can get any quality
I for one never stop looking..I can sit in front of the garden for hours (being retired has some rewards..LOL).If you put the study and work in with good genetics..I am sure you will be delighted with what you grow..It is very rewarding and highly addictive too..
like this..

3 21 18 Cackleberry
4 12 18
Snoleperd

Snoleperd

They look good, I will help you get thru this, ok it's 28 days old it has yet to hit it's growth spurt, autos are not photoperid plants, there root systems are easy to burn leaves to, by day 20 I start to feed, base only no food start at 1/2 recommended dose per gal and acclimate up this will tell you how touchy your auto is, they burn real easy, keep doing what you are now, next, between day 40 to day 50 your auto should be toped? Full grown, and in full flower, now this is how you get yield, when your plant tops flush all food out of plant, chechk ph, at this point I add 1/2 dose of botanacare pro flower base 1/2 dose Atami Bloombastic and a tad of botanacare pro enhancer, start at half dose until you see how it reacts, you can allways add more bloom agent u cant unburn a plant, allso when you switch over to bloom you need to prune your plant exposing branches and flower to the light this is so your flower will form structure, one thing I do that most people dont is when i switch over to bloom I use a bloom booster led chip diode bloom ligh, this is the type of light your plant needs to flower, I know your confused, an autoflower will still flower under a full spec, I use the bloom ligh to increase yield, are you starting to get it, pics are autos grown by me this is to show you I dont bullshit if you have a problem I cant fix I admit it. As you can see i think i can help you bring her home,

20170627 165011
IMG 20170903 130016769
S

Startingout

I for one never stop looking..I can sit in front of the garden for hours (being retired has some rewards..LOL).If you put the study and work in with good genetics..I am sure you will be delighted with what you grow..It is very rewarding and highly addictive too..
like this..
They look good, I will help you get thru this, ok it's 28 days old it has yet to hit it's growth spurt, autos are not photoperid plants, there root systems are easy to burn leaves to, by day 20 I start to feed, base only no food start at 1/2 recommended dose per gal and acclimate up this will tell you how touchy your auto is, they burn real easy, keep doing what you are now, next, between day 40 to day 50 your auto should be toped? Full grown, and in full flower, now this is how you get yield, when your plant tops flush all food out of plant, chechk ph, at this point I add 1/2 dose of botanacare pro flower base 1/2 dose Atami Bloombastic and a tad of botanacare pro enhancer, start at half dose until you see how it reacts, you can allways add more bloom agent u cant unburn a plant, allso when you switch over to bloom you need to prune your plant exposing branches and flower to the light this is so your flower will form structure, one thing I do that most people dont is when i switch over to bloom I use a bloom booster led chip diode bloom ligh, this is the type of light your plant needs to flower, I know your confused, an autoflower will still flower under a full spec, I use the bloom ligh to increase yield, are you starting to get it, pics are autos grown by me this is to show you I dont bullshit if you have a problem I cant fix I admit it. As you can see i think i can help you bring her home,
Those are some beautiful plants my friend, so when it starts to bud I'll want to trim them big leaves back? I kind of gently push them down now so the little leaves growing between the big ones can get light now,

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Those are some beautiful plants my friend, so when it starts to bud I'll want to trim them big leaves back? I kind of gently push them down now so the little leaves growing between the big ones can get light now,
Thanks..Defoliation is another topic (advanced). if you don't know what to prune, you could really screw things up..(I hear never prune an auto.?)
Training (Low stress..LST) is a good place to begin..Google is your friend as is this site.

S

Startingout

I can't stop looking either like you I can't work so I look alot, but being on disability keeps things tight and the smoke mellows me way better than their pills do, my next grow I was thinking the lsd 25 because it says it's very easy to grow, and it boosts like 23 percent thc, I'm thinking it would be great to help with sleep at night, I tried skunk because I'm old school and skunk was always the good stuff lol and it's said to be very forgiving of the novice

S

Startingout

Thanks..Defoliation is another topic (advanced). if you don't know what to prune, you could really screw things up..(I hear never prune an auto.?)
Training (Low stress..LST) is a good place to begin..Google is your friend as is this site.
Haha that's where I've learned everything from the seed bank to here your right Google a good

S

Startingout

And I would like to say thank you for taking the time to offer me some advice I really appreciate it

S

Startingout

Can I get those nutes at like home depot or a local nursery?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I can't stop looking either like you I can't work so I look alot, but being on disability keeps things tight and the smoke mellows me way better than their pills do, my next grow I was thinking the lsd 25 because it says it's very easy to grow, and it boosts like 23 percent thc, I'm thinking it would be great to help with sleep at night, I tried skunk because I'm old school and skunk was always the good stuff lol and it's said to be very forgiving of the novice
My Favorite strain for sleep is granddaddy Purple (GDP) Very easy to grow, great yields and potent AF!! next for me is Barney's Farm Ayahuasca Purple (absolutely 1 hit smoke..narcotic high)..Not as easy, but not hard either..also great Yield..Finally we come to Blueberry..Great smoke, but a royal PIA to grow..and a low yield from my own trys.

Gorilla Glue#4 and many phenotype are incredible too! I grow and love Gorilla Wreck#4, Royal Gorilla, and Gorilla Bomb:)

I for one don't pay much attention to the THC claims (marketing hype), since there are many factors in the stone you achieve (Terps etc). With that said..CBD strains do nada for me pain wise or insomnia wise..We are all affected differently.

Polar510

Polar510

I almost pulled the trigger on Barney's Farm Ayahuasca Purple a while back. I have some Gorilla bomb going right now. How does that Gorilla Bomb do?

S

Startingout

My Favorite strain for sleep is granddaddy Purple (GDP) Very easy to grow, great yields and potent AF!! next for me is Barney's Farm Ayahuasca Purple (absolutely 1 hit smoke..narcotic high)..Not as easy, but not hard either..also great Yield..Finally we come to Blueberry..Great smoke, but a royal PIA to grow..and a low yield from my own trys.

Gorilla Glue#4 and many phenotype are incredible too! I grow and love Gorilla Wreck#4, Royal Gorilla, and Gorilla Bomb:)

I for one don't pay much attention to the THC claims (marketing hype), since there are many factors in the stone you achieve (Terps etc). With that said..CBD strains do nada for me pain wise or insomnia wise..We are all affected differently.
Yeah the cms isn't good for.me neither and gorrilla glue is another I was very interested in you just helped decide lol the lsd-25 isfrom fast buds I got them from seedman seeds, kinda pricey after tax 54 bucks for three seeds well five they gave me two same strain for free but they are autos and in the how to grow it said it's real easy to grow forgives light interuptions says just don't forget to water her she's a thirsty one and they said the strain was couch lock I don't figure it'll be that good but maybe kitchen chair type lol but they claimit's potent I know it's only as good as you grow it but it's a leg up

S

Startingout

Yeah the cbds isn't good for.me neither and gorrilla glue is another I was very interested in you just helped decide lol the lsd-25 isfrom fast buds I got them from seedman seeds, kinda pricey after tax 54 bucks for three seeds well five they gave me two same strain for free but they are autos and in the how to grow it said it's real easy to grow forgives light interuptions says just don't forget to water her she's a thirsty one and they said the strain was couch lock I don't figure it'll be that good but maybe kitchen chair type lol but they claimit's potent I know it's only as good as you grow it but it's a leg up

S

Startingout

Yeah the cms isn't good for.me neither and gorrilla glue is another I was very interested in you just helped decide lol the lsd-25 isfrom fast buds I got them from seedman seeds, kinda pricey after tax 54 bucks for three seeds well five they gave me two same strain for free but they are autos and in the how to grow it said it's real easy to grow forgives light interuptions says just don't forget to water her she's a thirsty one and they said the strain was couch lock I don't figure it'll be that good but maybe kitchen chair type lol but they claimit's potent I know it's only as good as you grow it but it's a leg up
Cbds

S

Startingout

Haha I keep looking at your pics for my mouth watering my friend, gosh I hope I can get to getting some plants looking something like that someday

Top Bottom