K.i.s.s Challenge, Don't Be Afraid!

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
stiffneck

stiffneck

Done this. Now do this dan. Make a kelp humic using powder extracts @ 2:5 ratio. Use this during veg and bloom every 3 days. Obviously do this to one plant beside one of your minimal plants. After you discover that works, other noticeable additives are sugar, silica, and microbes(myco and bacteria are both noticeable). All of these additives will show noticeable differences vs a plant given just a complete base nutrient. I've done all these tests before so if anyone actually wants to do a side by side i can tell you what amounts gave me the best results. Disclaimer: I dont use all of these all the time but have in the past. They come in all different forms and products, but can be had for cheaper by buying raw ingredients generally.

Hey there dude... I would like that information! I would like to see what works at what amounts! Thanks!

apparently you need these to grow some underwater plants
dead simple and it DEFINITELY works for cannabis
this guy got a 7 day supply off a few things in your cupboard

Thats cool!

dan1989

dan1989

Done this. Now do this dan. Make a kelp humic using powder extracts @ 2:5 ratio. Use this during veg and bloom every 3 days. Obviously do this to one plant beside one of your minimal plants. After you discover that works, other noticeable additives are sugar, silica, and microbes(myco and bacteria are both noticeable). All of these additives will show noticeable differences vs a plant given just a complete base nutrient. I've done all these tests before so if anyone actually wants to do a side by side i can tell you what amounts gave me the best results. Disclaimer: I dont use all of these all the time but have in the past. They come in all different forms and products, but can be had for cheaper by buying raw ingredients generally.

See I'm all up for this, although the market is smaller in England so I might be hard pushed to find the ingredients, but this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. What were the differences you mentioned?

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

See I'm all up for this, although the market is smaller in England so I might be hard pushed to find the ingredients, but this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. What were the differences you mentioned?
Kelphumic- Almost double veg growth speed and eating more
Silica- thicker stems and petioles that can support noticeably more weight
Sugar- overnight stickiness on basically any plant very noticeable to the touch on a live plant
Microbes- more roots and eating more

These are not all of the effects just the noticeable stuff in side by sides. These are the most dramatic effects listed. I use all of these at different times if I'm attempting to maximize growth rate, flowering speed, and yield. I'll list usage after products.

Kelp humic: zeus juice by nftg, nirvana by an, liquid karma by botanicare, golden tree

Silica: and potassium silicate works. Dynagro protekt and general hydroponics armorsi are the cheapest liquids and agsil is a super cheap powder.

Sugar: sweet series by botanicare, bud candy by an, a million other products. I haven't heavily gone through researching these yet but the formulas are similar. Glucose,maltose,dribose. I plan to test raw ingredients and sucrose soon but haven't yet. What i do know: do not tend to dramatically fluff buds like some growers(cervantes) and products claim, but can make just about any plant instantly sticky to the touch. I also have seen studies showing that it delays flowering initiation at high and low concentrations in the dicot used in studies most similar to cannabis, so i only use after budset, if i want to. I don't always use sugars though some smokers love them and some hate them. I like bud candy of the two more these days but don't use them all the time.

Microbes: great white, og biowar, mykos & azos, voodoo juice, a million other products

For usage:
Kelphumic: i use this on anything i want to veg faster and all through flower. It's not super noticeable late flower but it's so noticeable in every other stage that i use it because i hope its changes are still effective just not visible. I Just use whatever rate the product says or raw powders at a 2kelp:5humic ratio, which comes from a famous study and has proven efficacy.

Silica: You would use ideally all the time but i usually start it at flip and run it until swell finishes or just before. It usually allows me to not have to stake until the very end or not at all vs. as soon as they swell at all without. It also helps a lot in hot gardens. It's something that's abundant in the earth but totally absent in peat, coco, and hydro(So basically all indoor plants) mediums and mixes. I use it at a tsp/gallon, which is max dosage recommended on protekt and armorsi iirc.

Sugar: already explained a little but i just use recommended rates and start it at week 4 if I'm going to use it. I tend to use all of these once or twice a week depending on medium. Just squeeze a small bud to feel for stickiness after using sugar and see how many days its sticky for afterwards, reapply accordingly. In peat i find its about 4 days per water.

Microbes: i use these at transplant, once a week in flower with my rinse feed, and use them the entire time in hydro. They prevent root rot(hydrogard, etc.) And i find increase root growth and health pretty dramatically. I sprinkle the powder on roots at transplant, water it in weekly, and use it at recommended rates or 1tsp. per plant, whichever smaller usually. Most are 1 tsp. that i use(og biowar and great white both are iirc).

That's all i got time for for now. There's other honourable mentions and products i believe in and a few i want to believe in but can't prove or haven't tested well enough yet. Rough list of other proven or semiproven additives or products: harpin proteins, fish emulsion, amino acids, yeast extract, aloe, fulvic acid, enzymes, and i might be forgetting a couple. I consider all of those as proven but maybe not proven, useful, or reasonable for cannabis use. Or im just not sure yet on any of those. I'm not claiming to be an expert or anything, just most of my focus growing has been on learning and additive efficacy. Basically i grow the same cuts frequently while testing. 10 control, 5 test 1, 5 test 2, 5 test 3, wouldn't be uncommon with the different tests being dosages of a single additive.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

I'll never understand why so many people refuse to experiment.. I have yogurt cups of bagseed in random soils, in every space I can cram them...

If you have a veg room, you have no excuse to not throw experiments in flower.

To the dude feeding sugar above. Why? Sugar is sticky. Just go back to spraying them with honey. Same exact thing. I can EASILY tell if a bud was contaminated with Sweet raw, or Budcandy (or the GH version, Floranectar).. Unless you can list colony counts of your top 5 sugar eating bacteria strains in your medium, I submitted you are only sending single molecule sugars up the root, which are circulated and displaced in the plant fiber. And if I ever get to take somone to court over this issue, I would win. (Not that it means anything to the average pot grower, who sprays nut oil, milk, whatever else on buds with zero disregard for the person consuming it.)

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

To the dude feeding sugar above. Why? Sugar is sticky. Just go back to spraying them with honey. Same exact thing. I can EASILY tell if a bud was contaminated with Sweet raw, or Budcandy (or the GH version, Floranectar).. Unless you can list colony counts of your top 5 sugar eating bacteria strains in your medium, I submitted you are only sending single molecule sugars up the root, which are circulated and displaced in the plant fiber. And if I ever get to take somone to court over this issue, I would win. (Not that it means anything to the average pot grower, who sprays nut oil, milk, whatever else on buds with zero disregard for the person consuming it.)

Im intrigued by your statement.
Are you saying you can tell between a placebo, and one grown with Sweet raw/bud candy/floranectar?

And could you explain what you mean here in a little better detail
Unless you can list colony counts of your top 5 sugar eating bacteria strains in your medium, I submitted you are only sending single molecule sugars up the root, which are circulated and displaced in the plant fiber.

Are you saying that using sweet raw,bud candy, and floranector only travels up to the leaves, and in drying/curing, you will actually lose that smell, and revert back to what the genetic smell was?

@Wisher619 Me and you was talking about such... Im not for sure what he means tho,,, I think he is speaking in the ancient language of Organic.............. Cause i dont know the 5 sugar eaters in my median .....

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I'll never understand why so many people refuse to experiment.. I have yogurt cups of bagseed in random soils, in every space I can cram them...

If you have a veg room, you have no excuse to not throw experiments in flower.

If this is at me, reread my post. Also, the science you listed is generally considered correct. The sugar simply gets translocated, which is where the myth of it adding tons of weight comes from. I've given people who claim they can tell buds with and without different sugars and nobody ever guessed on taste just feel. If you pour in one dose of these sweeteners your plants will be sticky the next day for days, theyre that obvious to the touch. Regardless, i don't believe that you can smell them, though I've claimed that myself before, as it doesn't make sense that it would translocate the sugar and some scent molecule. The sugars in these products are from raw cane sugar and molasses usually, fermented in some. Regardless, the taste claim would be that you could taste the glucose and other natural sugars in the plant, which i don't believe anymore. The spraying thing is a joke to any modern grower with a brain and even the shit shit growers i know put the sweet and bud candy onto their roots not the plant. If you know another grower have them double blind you with sweeteners and i bet you fail. Our little collective and patients can't really tell. People have claimed them when i haven't used them vehemently in a year or so, so take those claims with a grain of salt because they don't stand up to scrutiny. These sugars aren't strange stinky compounds, if you use molasses or any natural sugar plant extracts it should smell like bud candy and sweet. They don't make artificial sweeteners for these products, they generally use plants(or food byproducts).

Last edited:
dan1989

dan1989

Damn you U.S. growers are waaaaaay ahead of me. This science stuff is beyond me right now, I thought I was doing ok just giving it water and basic bottled nutrients, the weed was alright :D

Can I please remind everyone respectfully that I had simplicity in mind when I made this thread, admittedly for selfish reasons. K.I.S.S.

dan1989

dan1989

The idea is to make maximum profit so I'm just looking to grow the best with what I have. I simply don't have time to fuck around. I have grown very nice weed with my dutch pro nutrients (which are cheap and easily available in U.K) and all who smoked it were very happy. I don't want it to completely blow their heads off, or it will last them too long :D

chemistry

chemistry

You should do a solo cup challenge, one plant per cup, winner who has the best end dried weight.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

The idea is to make maximum profit so I'm just looking to grow the best with what I have. I simply don't have time to fuck around. I have grown very nice weed with my dutch pro nutrients and all who smoked it were very happy. I don't want it to completely blow their heads off, or it will last them too long :D
Your objective is more about genetics my man, not nutes. It's not to say how you grow doesn't make a difference, but genetics can be so strong you could grow some of my cuts like shit and they still turn out good. I know because I've done it. Same goes for yield.

dan1989

dan1989

You should do a solo cup challenge, one plant per cup, winner who has the best end dried weight.

I saw this before on here, I never found out the final weigh in. Could be a fun way to get rid of the free seeds I'll never use

dan1989

dan1989

Your objective is more about genetics my man, not nutes. It's not to say how you grow doesn't make a difference, but genetics can be so strong you could grow some of my cuts like shit and they still turn out good. I know because I've done it. Same goes for yield.

Couldn't agree more. It just so happens I made an informed decision on my current grow. Budzilla mother in the works. Made a fair few mistakes with the strain last run and took everything I threw at her. Over watered, underwatered (smell reasons, couldn't open tent) topping, supercropping, defoliation, deficiencies. Hence why I'm using her for my first big grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom