Kelp during flowering...good or bad?

• Thread starter mastagrowa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Too much K usually reduces uptake of Mg, Ca, Fe and other micros. Lately I'm wondering how kelp hormones affect bud structure, and any relationship to indica vs sativa dominant strains/phenos. There's another thread where someone mentioned this, but having trouble finding my way back to it.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

The cytokinins, and auxins (i think) in kelp are natural growth hormones. A little kelp goes a long way toward super-charging your garden. In high doses, it can burn your plants, and it will also quickly manifest any deficiencies in your nutrient regimen. It helps the plants uptake nutrients faster, feeds microbes, and add micronutrients/trace elements to your soil.

cc503

cc503

would it be overkill to add kelp meal into a coco bed if im already using sea green? im trying to find application rates as it relates to coco, im using tupur...

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

K is the symbol for potassium...I'm not sure where you got K meaning kelp. Just sayin'.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Auxin-dominant Ecklonia Maxima kelp from South Africa is suitable for rooting and veg. I only use cytokinin-dominant kelp (ascophyllum nodosum) at transition (1-1.5 weeks or so) to help plant structure in preparation for flower stacking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom