Ken Grand daddy Purp seeds?

• Thread starter Dr.X
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.X

Dr.X

I didn't know where to put this thread..

I was wondering if any of you guys know something about this.. cause what I knew was that the real GDP was a clone only strain, but..
I went last year to Seattle Hemp fest, by the way it was awesome but I only managed to score some bud my last day there.. I must say that I was so stoned when I crossed through customs that I'm impress I didn't have any problem haha
Well back to the issue.. when I was there I run into Ken Estes himself and he was selling GDP seeds. I asked no questions and bought the seeds cause was one of the best strain I tried in BC so I as willing to try the seeds.

I'm far from growing anything right know... but I was hoping you can give me some info about this seeds

Ken grand daddy  purp seeds
Ken grand daddy  purp seeds 2
Ken grand daddy  purp seeds 3

Thanks

catdaddy

catdaddy

found this on another site, this comes from one of his reps. hope this helps

1. Okay, even I have stated incorrect things on this question... FROM WHAT I HAVE GATHERED... It's an old indica strain (a skunk sister) that was given to Ken by the Indians. I believe it was then crossed to something, or the X'ing could have been done by the indians and he was given this "purple indica"
    Other than that, people have said it's big bud X urkle, but that's not the case.
    1. http://asset2.invalid.com/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by http://asset2.invalid.com/buttons/viewpost-right.png
      I was trying to figure what what Ken did to that clone he recieved to make these seeds. They're not fems. so it's not self-polination so what did he cross it with to get these seeds?

I believe a MALE GDP plant. GDP has only been available in clone form and S1's from CGS. Ken has had this male for a while apparently and just didn't have the need for seeds.​

Dr.X

Dr.X

found this on another site, this comes from one of his reps. hope this helps

Man! thank you for the info! (the link is not workin tho) I hope its true that Ken has this GDP male for making the seeds..

Well Dang. I was hoping you would grow em, and tell us whats up with em. o_O

I want GDP :D

I hope I can start growing this seeds with other few strains I have, this year.. but at the time I don't have where to grow them.. AND IT SUCKS!
When I start growing I'm gonna make a full report on them

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Ken Estes shows at a few of the herb shows out there. He claims the Grand daddy purps is his creation. He also sells his cut of "Ken's Grandaddy" which is his choice of GDP cut. He also has his "Ken's Kush". I grew out both. The GDP has a full body high, only downside is that it is really leafy, especially the lower growth. The Ken's kush has a great pheno in it. It is tall and lanky, but kushy and danky. I like the good pheno of Ken's kush the best by far. I will be picking up some more of those in the future. I lost my keeper pheno unfortunately.

Best of luck with your seeds.

-TF

Chobble

Chobble

Yeah the seeds have been going around. I've had a friend who got some. Damn do I want some >.<. GDP is a great Greenhouse and Indoor strain, Just dont put her outside >.<

Also there are ways of stabilizing strains through feminizing, Come back to us with Female/Hermie/Male ratios please!

Sweet seeds though.

Chobble

Chobble

Chobble

Ken Estes shows at a few of the herb shows out there. He claims the Grand daddy purps is his creation. He also sells his cut of "Ken's Grandaddy" which is his choice of GDP cut. He also has his "Ken's Kush". I grew out both. The GDP has a full body high, only downside is that it is really leafy, especially the lower growth. The Ken's kush has a great pheno in it. It is tall and lanky, but kushy and danky. I like the good pheno of Ken's kush the best by far. I will be picking up some more of those in the future. I lost my keeper pheno unfortunately.

Best of luck with your seeds.

-TF

I believe he's also responsible for Gods Gift. (OG Kush x GDP) I've grown it and I liked it actually, Grew better then both of the parents thats for damn sure.

H

holisticnursery

Holistic Nursery Seed Co. in San Diego, Ca is now carrying Ken's Grand Daddy Purp Genetics Seedpacks, The original grand daddy purple 10-seed packs, only 120$ contribution i heard. The buds are a stunning , deep purple almost all the way thru out, except for the occasional eye stopping light neon green spot. With almost zero hairs on them, the crystal formations are outstanding, looking like they were dipped and rolled in sparkling stardust! Nothing else even comes close. And once you experience gdp, you will never settle for anything else. SUPERIOR CANNABIS SEEDS that I highly recommend!

chos3n

chos3n

I grabbed a pack of Kens GDP and will probably run them once it gets cooler out. He also has a strain called Bay 11 that is supposed to have won some awards and will be available in seed sometime soon.

c6j0e3

c6j0e3

I watched some video on youtube with Ken talking about the strain.. it seemed to me that he sounded like he was uncertain about the lineage. He chucked out a couple of random strain names, that had nothing to do with GDP, and then started saying he got some of the genetics from a NorCal Native American tribe.. hell, maybe it's all true, but it really sounded like he wasn't quite sure. Nonetheless, it is a great smoke. I just am not sure I believe that he was the one who created it.

N

nugmeister

I got a pack from attitude seeds for $100. They are in the third week of veg and looking good. Only 8 popped out of ten. So far they are looking pretty uniform. I hope to get a good male to cross to my blue dream clone. Not sure but maybe I can upload pics with my phone.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I got a pack from attitude seeds for $100. They are in the third week of veg and looking good. Only 8 popped out of ten. So far they are looking pretty uniform. I hope to get a good male to cross to my blue dream clone. Not sure but maybe I can upload pics with my phone.
You got 10 for $100 of Grand Daddy Purp seeds?!?!? I paid $100 and got 5 seeds. Anyways how if at all does the Con version from attitude stand up to the Ken's Grand Daddy, apparently they used a Ken Estes cut and made S1s to create their seeds. Not to call you out or anything nugmeister but the Connoisseur GDP seeds from Attitude are supposed to be females and only 5 per pack which is about $100 so you may not expect to find males, if you do I would question that. Are you sure you got the Grand Daddy Purple seeds from Attitude? Again, not being a dick or anything just curious.

catdaddy

catdaddy

You got 10 for $100 of Grand Daddy Purp seeds?!?!? I paid $100 and got 5 seeds. Anyways how if at all does the Con version from attitude stand up to the Ken's Grand Daddy, apparently they used a Ken Estes cut and made S1s to create their seeds. Not to call you out or anything nugmeister but the Connoisseur GDP seeds from Attitude are supposed to be females and only 5 per pack which is about $100 so you may not expect to find males, if you do I would question that. Are you sure you got the Grand Daddy Purple seeds from Attitude? Again, not being a dick or anything just curious.

OctoberDee, Ken dropped his seed line on the tude about 3 or more months ago.

N

nugmeister

Not sure about Con or Ken's seed. I also thought it was clone only, but was happy to see they were regular seeds. Seems all you can do is take the breeder's word for it about his strains and their lineage. This is where reputation comes into play. I ordered Ken's, not Con's GDP so I don't know how Con's version stands up. I would like to try their SSSDH.

jkar_928

jkar_928

Kens original GDP that I have seen tried never made it. The first five seeds 0% germination success and the other five had 40% germination success rate but the seedlings did not make it. The other seeds we had like Qush and Ripped Bubba were 100% on germination and seedlings are great. I could of F'd up but since my other seedlings survived I doubt it was my error just my experience with Kens GDP.

Top Bottom