Ken's Gdp Grow

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I have decided to do a diary on my next round.

I went to Harborside in Oakland and got Ken's GDP clones from Dark Heart Nursery.

As soon as I got home, I put them into 6x6x4 inch jumbo Par Gro blocks. I gave em a good spray of Eagle 20 and Avid. They were planted on Dec 1 and they are very happy under a 6-light T5 fixture. As they get bigger I might put them under a 315 LEC fixture, but we'll see.

As far as food goes... I feed them as needed and I am using House and Garden Aqua Flakes. 5mL/gal of each part. I also add a little Floralicious Plus and I pH the water to 5.8.

My Flower Room specs are:
10x10x8ft. Sealed room with CO2 supplementation, set at 1420ppms.
Dehumidifier with 27 gal tote for runoff, which is piped back into Reseviors when full. I use a sump pump switch to activate transfer pump. But usually keep an eye on it manually.
Two 3x3ft trays, with two 45 gallon Totes(with wheels) for reseviors.
Two SpydrXPlus LED light fixtures, which cover a 4x4ft area of canopy each.

During flower I bump up my nutes a little bit. I also use Floralicious Bloom formula and add 1/4 strength Dark Energy to the Reseviours 1-2 days before changing changing solution, because it downright stinks up my whole house! I water 1-3 times per day depending on plant requirements. I try and check the pH every morning. I mean their morning which is our night.

I topped most of them recently to encourage branch development but also left a few with their main stalks intact. Since this is my first GDP grow I want to see how they react to either method of pruning, or not.

My plan is to grow them for one more month approximately, basically until my current room becomes empty.

I will try and get pics up somewhere so you folks can see what I am writing about.

Any input or advice is greatly appreciated. There is always something I can learn from reading other's experiences, so thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

Here is a pic in Veg.
IMG 4930

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

Plants look super happy

Thoughts not recommendations
1420 co2 excess 1000 plenty
Keep dehuey real clean when using its h20

I am curious as to where you get the information on CO2 ppm being only 1000 ppm needed? Please elaborate.

I always thought that 1500 ppm CO2 was the desired set-point to target. 2000 ppm would be the maximum.

I agree 100% about keeping dehu clean.

Thankyou for your thoughts. Keep em coming.

the rrock

the rrock

I grew some outdoors this year,they finished first,short and stocky,awesome flavior,golf ball size buds(dried).They were from darkheart also.I plan on growing some indoor next month so i will keep a tab on your grow. Just an awesome strain,cant beat the smell ,flavor etc,etc

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I see a bit of purpling in the stem on some of them down low, like in picture #4. Is this a Cal/Mag issue?

I also am aware that I need to do a little pruning of the undergrowth, but I am currently hurt and am in no shape to do anything, except what is absolutely needed! Pain Sucks!!!

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

Cool let me know your findings as I'd be interested to know

I am actually considering doing a run at 1000ppm, and also trying a run at 1500ppm.

But what I found most interesting about reading all about CO2, is the ethylene buildup!
I was never taught anything about this.
I have the ability to exchange the room air and will be doing so every evening before just after the ladies go to sleep, in order to conquer this issue.
As I read more abut it, It makes sense.

I will keep everyone in the loop.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I see a bit of purpling in the stem on some of them down low, like in picture #4. Is this a Cal/Mag issue?

I also am aware that I need to do a little pruning of the undergrowth, but I am currently hurt and am in no shape to do anything, except what is absolutely needed! Pain Sucks!!!
It looks like it’s only on the fan leaves and not on the actual shoots. Sometimes I see some strains with purplish on fan leaf stems but the actual shoot is green and healthy. Personally I only worry if the shoot stalk is purpling. I could be wrong but just how I go about it

Desertdweler

Desertdweler

I have now read a lot of different threads and it seems this is a Mg- issue. I will check by foliar feeding with some Mg, just one plant. If it's the issue then I will know. But I have also read that some folks believe that plants that naturally turn purple, will have some purpling of the stalks and leaf stems during plant growth. I guess testing on my own is the way to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom