Kilo Goes Mega Bio

• Thread starter KiLoEleMeNt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Hey All nice to see you..... hope all is well, I have decided to try my hand at MPB however I am only going to want to use @Wavegem 's style system and due to life situation I can not afford anything like it until next year so what I have decided is to make a megalodon of a Bio Bucket system with a twist element of water farm dripper system added in since it made DWC superfluous and irrelevant as a grow style when I added it into my dwc thus making them water farms not dwc IMO.

So now on to what I am doing here that I need advice on if you can help here with solid advice as there is so little info (that I can find) I have made a most simplistic Bio Bucket system 6 spots at 130 gallons total each spot being 25 gallons with 12" 5gal basket lids. what I have come to find now that I am nearly complete with the build of the system I realize as I am searching for tea and nutrients schedules for these types of systems is that I am the only one (again that I can find anyway) who is above 7gal pots most are in five gallon??? So here is some of the build everything here was recycled out of my back yard or shed so don't know what it would cost to make but I would assume around $200
First is the rez just a 25gal trash can they all are infact old brute soil planters that were fed via drip wicking now with a massive sump pump and spa connections to insure a tite fit
Kilo goes mega bio

Kilo goes mega bio 2
Then we have the buckets the plants will be in and the over flow that will simply rest inside the water fall 3" pipe well one of them anyway they are all the same
Kilo goes mega bio 3

Kilo goes mega bio 4

And finally a somewhat vaug look at how it will look finished the skinny pipe is feed on the floor and the large one with the holes on top is the overflow waterfall
Kilo goes mega bio 5

So that should give you a fairly good idea of what I am working with!!!!
can anyone confirm or deny if anyone uses a larger tank such as the 25gal I am going to use? how will this effect the system compared to the smaller units I see on other threads??? room size nor hight is no issue so no worries there..! did I go wrong on this or is it going to be a monster system like I hoped for since I only got the scheme of the unit and went my own way with it or is this still untapped territory as of our current knowledge due to being to hard to manage or similar issues I did not for see..!

Another question I want to ask is the lava rock airborne bacteria who actually uses this technique. Meaning leave the system run with just Water no lid and you build a micro colony on the lava stone, LAVA not hydro stone many also say do not dump these types of systems just top off and add nutes as needed and in my experience this turns out bad later in the plants life causing locks and burns and few other bad things no one wants.... any experienced help be it visual or physical just as long as it is soild I'd love to hear from you about it thanks everyone and enjoy your stay in Kilos hydro corner

Last edited:
OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Hell Yeah Kilo lets see ya rock that shit hard man. Im a DIY save as much as possible kinda guy its the way i am and have always been. Hope to see this thread get bumpin or a journal. I too have found that just topping up the res in my dwc system can often lead to problems, i do a complete cleaning of the buckets and clean water and nutes once a week in veg and every three days during the flowering stages. You got deep roots bro so im sure it will all work out in the wash. Keep it comin bro. Cheers mi amigo -OGG

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Seems a tad bit extreme! I do every two weeks in vegg every week of flower●○•°•○ However other than all of my soil, my DTW coco run and my DWC when I first started hydro until right now, I have been mostly synthetics. Where as when it comes to additives i take a more organic approach since i personally have a slight problem with the Clash Of The active ingredients of the nutrient solution in synthetic boosters. when and only when it is a natural synthetic I feel a plant can better absorb it's three main elements much better at a faster rate and needs a more unorganized and microbial feed for its more essential micro and usually ignored but more important Immobile and mobile uptake where in it builds structure nit growth and so in my opinion I think they both have a place in the same world and now I get to add my favorite ingredients of life's sweetest TEA with the whole kilo element (MASSeF2)yeeeehaw

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

It probably is a tid bit of over kill changing the res as often as i do but its partly related to the location im at now the well water has to much iron in it and leaves a brownish colored slimy stain and sometimes crusty shit inside the buckets if i let it go till two weeks. It clogs up any and all spray nozzels and drip lines aswell. I got an RO water filtration system and shit was on point for about six months then the filters in the fucking thing got plugged aswell. Once i get another filter things will be back on track. Im not 100% sure weather the extra iron is from the train tracks that run through the back buy the well or just the water table. The bottom of my shower even has an orangish brown stain lol. I had a salty synthetic state of mind for years but then i found god lol and he told me to keep it real lol. I find no synthetic trees ever taste as good as organic trees even with a proper flushing they just dont even compare when it comes to terpen profiles.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Sorry for the delay but if your watching my other threads you know iv got alot goin on at the moment, with all my remodeling, seed projects, implicating many systems into my grow just not sure where to set this one yet being as it is so big I don't want to move it five times like everything else because I am dum add status when it comes to location location location should have this baby up and running for all to enjoy sometime next week/weekend at the latest going to run a single strain in all buckets thinking cheese quake since it's my most bushy plant any suggestions for a strain to put in it needs to be something I have?

[EDIT] props to myself for a perfect execution of a run on sentence athankya

Top Bottom