King Julien's Aurora Indica X ??? Sativa Grow

• Thread starter King Julien
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Blaiz

Like your attitude! Looking like a good harvest, think your chickens have hatched. Ever find out what your bugs were? We never stop learning from others if an open mind is kept, even if their methods are different. Good job.

King Julien

King Julien

Like your attitude! Looking like a good harvest, think your chickens have hatched. Ever find out what your bugs were? We never stop learning from others if an open mind is kept, even if their methods are different. Good job.

Still not sure what those bugs were.

And fun fact that I forgot to mention and thank you for reminding me! I never sprayed them! I just kept meaning to over a few days and when I got the time got to really looking and couldn't find any of them or any more damage. Also haven't spotted anymore of them or more damage since. Growing sterile seems to nip a lot of things in the bud I've noticed. In soil I would have had a damn epidemic.

And my chickens ain't hatched yet. I could chop it today and not get a pound by far and not enjoy any of what I got. There's a lot of days left before I'm out of the..."Say it, say it Lana, SAY IT!"

"FINE, The Danger Zone!"

King Julien

King Julien

So I finally tracked down my card reader so awesome pics are soon to come. In the meantime here are some I took with the camera in a blind rush right after lights went off without configuring settings properly for low lighting and without a light to fix the situation AND without being able to take the time to get good shots.

I fuddled with the settings a bit so even though the light levels didn't change it really looks like it in some of the pictures. I took like 40 pics but these are definitely the best.

Some mingling colas on the left hand side...
777 086

Some colas on the right hand side...
777 087

A different angle on the left canopy...
777 089

An even differenter angle on the left hand side...
777 088

A different angle on the right hand side...
777 090

A long cola forming up...
777 091

Some of the shorter colas fattening up...
777 097

And lastly some of the more spindly colas from the middle right side...
777 100

Next light's on period I'll get some good pics before and after lights off. Break out the macro lens and get some trich shots. Not that it matters this early but it's always cool to have a record of their development.

Also found some older pics from a previous grow's buds I'm gonna have to put up for sheer purty factor. The shots are only of little buds I had trimmed up last but they were a beautiful, vibrant, purple. They were grown from the same seeds that the oddball in the tent came from but were obviously a different phenotype. If I recall correctly the one in there shouldn't finish purple.

Actually found all sorts of pics from my last go around. Just no pics of actual plants or setup. All just tiny bud shots. Mostly me trying to get trich shots before I had a macro lens. I'll post them soon.

King Julien

King Julien

So I've been busy this past week but everything is chuggin' right along. Things are fattening up nicely and getting some good frost and zero signs of hairs browning at day 45 after switch to 12/12. Pics will be taken and put up next lights off cycle. Soon, yes, very soon.

In the meantime, here's those pics I promised last post.

Here's a pic of that purple bud...
777 068

Was dark on top, vibrant on bottom...
777 066
777 073
777 074

Here's one of those nuggets after a trial run at water curing that went well...
777 063

And finally some first run, everclear made, shatter from the same bud...
777 064

With the glare it's hard to tell just how clear that stuff was but it was amazing tasting either way.

Current photos soon to come.

King Julien

King Julien

So things have really started to take shape since last I updated a week ago as they tend to do.

Here's a shot of the lemony plant on the right side of the tent...
777 115

It's really just now, at 45 days into flower, starting to hair out and put on trichs.

A couple of the smaller nuggets on one of the plants that's just growing them that way...
777 119

A shot of a cola holding a lighter at it's base...
777 122

A pic of part of the oddball plant that should be done in less than 3 weeks...
777 127

Some of the chunkier colas growing on the back left plant...
777 128

A shot of 70%+ of the left canopy...
777 137

A shot of 50%+ of the right canopy...
777 116

A shot of a bud with a light right next to it...
777 144

And lastly a trich shot from a bud I broke off accidentally and it dried on the plant over a few days while I waited to see if it would make it. It didn't. It did however get me pleasantly racy high and look purty under the scope for only being 40 days or so old...
777 145

As you can see there is some minor hair browning but most of it is on one plant that seems like it will be done much faster than the rest. There is also some minor nute burn on the tips of a few of the leaves on the same said plant.

One last note. It does appear that my leaves are super dark green but that's really just the camera overcompensating color to make up for lack of light.

I've done a little more defoliation as I've seen the need but only to increase airflow to bud thick sites in the canopy. I haven't tied any more up since the last time I mentioned doing it but there hasn't been much need. The one big addition I made to the tent was a fan hung from the ceiling of the tent in the middle front and pointed towards the right side canopy for better air flow over there.

Smell is also developing nicely. Some are fruity with a bit of diesel to them while others are piney and fresh smelling. The lemon one has started to develop a very complex scent that is best explained as a mix of all citrus fruits at the same time combined with pine and general funk.

One in particular that had no scent a week ago has start to smell of strawberry lemon pinesol so I'm super excited about that.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The only suggestion I would offer at this time is since yo are growing soiless I would pay more attention to your Ph more often and adjust as required. Organic soil has a better buffering capacity and with soiless media if you arent on top of your ph levels you are depriving the gurls from needed nutes by being out of range. Good living soil is forgiving and regulates its Ph well....... hydro/dwc not so forgiving. Bet you a dolla to a nugget if you stay on top of your Ph you will see an increase in yield. The only reason I even piped in is I saw where you said you really dont ph adjust much. But you seem to be getting pretty fair results with your style. Looks like a jungle in there. :D

King Julien

King Julien

The only suggestion I would offer at this time is since yo are growing soiless I would pay more attention to your Ph more often and adjust as required. Organic soil has a better buffering capacity and with soiless media if you arent on top of your ph levels you are depriving the gurls from needed nutes by being out of range. Good living soil is forgiving and regulates its Ph well....... hydro/dwc not so forgiving. Bet you a dolla to a nugget if you stay on top of your Ph you will see an increase in yield. The only reason I even piped in is I saw where you said you really dont ph adjust much. But you seem to be getting pretty fair results with your style. Looks like a jungle in there. :D

It most certainly is a jungle in there. Those lanky buggers were hard to control and that impassible bud maze is the result.

I also haven't had much for PH swings now that I've actually taken to monitoring the last week. Been awfully busy lately so I've been switching watering duties between me and the misses so trying to keep track of water levels has become more hassel than just checking the PH of things every time I need to add water. When I used to grow this way all of the time I didn't work full and a half time.

Getting ready to start running dry koolbloom in the chunky bugger since it seems like it is at about the right stage and once that stuff starts going in things might get a little wonky.

King Julien

King Julien

So I've started feeding a bit differently at this stage. The oddball and the chunky bugger are both getting dry koolbloom added in a quarter step and their maxibloom and calmag stepped down a quarter step.

Got a couple more pics of general canopy progress. First the left side lights on...
777 148

Next right side lights on...
777 153

Here is the right side lights off...
777 154

And lastly left side lights off...
777 162

Getting stuff sorted and setup tonight for my next grow with a mix of different seeds. Got a journal on here for it as well.

Also planing on adding a dehumidifier to the tent in the next few days to drop humidity. Been running at 55-65 for all of flower pretty steady for the most part around 60. Gonna try and bring it down to 45-50. With how thick that canopy is and how hard it is to get around the last thing I need is bud rot to set in anywhere.

King Julien

King Julien

ever tried the Diluted KoolBloom Method?

While I hadn't heard of it nor tried that particular method I never use full strength. I should clarify what I mean by a quarter step up.

I only ever use about a quarter of what they recommend at most and only on a plant that I think can handle it. When I say a quarter step I mean a quarter step of a quarter of suggested use.

So I only added 1/16th of a teaspoon roughly for an entire 4 gallons of water today. Max I only ever use 1/4 of a teaspoon per 4 gallons. I've just had bad luck going much stronger with it on almost every plant I tried it on.

I might try that method next grow though. Thanks for the info.

Srenots

Srenots

While I hadn't heard of it nor tried that particular method I never use full strength. I should clarify what I mean by a quarter step up.

I only ever use about a quarter of what they recommend at most and only on a plant that I think can handle it. When I say a quarter step I mean a quarter step of a quarter of suggested use.

So I only added 1/16th of a teaspoon roughly for an entire 4 gallons of water today. Max I only ever use 1/4 of a teaspoon per 4 gallons. I've just had bad luck going much stronger with it on almost every plant I tried it on.

I might try that method next grow though. Thanks for the info.
all good ....and thats the way to go bro....never use whats reccommended...they just wanna sell more product dig? anyway keep em rockin and props

King Julien

King Julien

all good ....and thats the way to go bro....never use whats reccommended...they just wanna sell more product dig? anyway keep em rockin and props

Oh I don't of anything. The closest would be of the maxibloom but considering I use little else the rest of the grow that's not too bad. That and it's cheap buying it 16 pounds at a time.

Almost everything else is at quarter to half. Always have done it that way. The couple grows I've failed very early on I failed from using full strength nutes.

Srenots

Srenots

Oh I don't of anything. The closest would be of the maxibloom but considering I use little else the rest of the grow that's not too bad. That and it's cheap buying it 16 pounds at a time.

Almost everything else is at quarter to half. Always have done it that way. The couple grows I've failed very early on I failed from using full strength nutes.
nice feedback fer sure....

King Julien

King Julien

So I've been insanely busy the past few days. Been getting ridden like a rented mule with mule insurance at work and been dealing with the aftermath of a small plumbing problem at home.

In the meantime though I figured I'd post a few pics I snapped with the phone while I had a few minutes.

First is a close up of some of the buds in the left canopy...
IMG 20171024 172301

And an even closer shot for the right canopy...
IMG 20171024 172322

And lastly that cola that is taking shape slowly. Not the fattest even on the plant but for sure the longest in the tent that isn't bent over...
IMG 20171024 172352

So far everything is chugging right along. The lemon plant is getting insane. Really starting to get bulky finally and getting insanely frosty. I'll try and get some close ups next chance I get.

Trimmed a few little buds off of the plant doing the least well in the front middle. Doubt I'll get more than a couple/few ounces from it. Kinda got overgrown by the 3 around it. Not that I'm gonna just keep trimming on it for smoke but I had to test something out to see how things were coming along. That and they were the crappiest buds on the plant so I didn't feel too bad.

Getting ready to test a couple nuggets I trimmed up a few days ago. Smoke report coming sooonnnn.....

King Julien

King Julien

Fresh and piney smelling with just the barest hint of citrus. Barely smells though. Surprisingly smooth for being full of nutes and only just dried. Had the flavor of smooth leaves and a slightly piney aftertaste. These girls got a ways to go.

Regardless of that though it did get me pretty head high. And then I sat there with it for 5 minutes while it really sank in and realized I was pretty body high too. Still decently high an hour later. Not too shabby for day 45 or so out of god knows how many.

I'm guessing 10 weeks for the couple with browning hairs, 11-12 for the chunkier 2 without browning yet, and maybe 11-13 for that damn lemony plant with the way it's doing. Time will tell.

And for information's sake those pics in the last post are from day 49 after the switch to 12/12.

King Julien

King Julien

So holy crap. I finally got around to defoliating the lemony plant last night just a bit.

First thing's first...That lady is sticky. Greasy sticky. I only picked a couple of large fan leaves before I noticed my fingers were sticking together like I'd dipped them in glue and let it half set. Good scent still. Losing some of the lemony scent but gaining some other citrus scents as well so it's still very stanky. I'm also amazed at some of the colas on that girl. Long and fat and greasy with trichs.

The rest of the plants aren't slouching though. While not near as frosty they are picking up frost and fattening up very quickly. I've started all of the plants on dry koolbloom now and it is showing. I'm going very light with it of course so there's no chance of overdoing it. It definitely is showing results as usual.

Setting up the dehumidifier in the tent tonight. With temps dropping I haven't needed AC as much so the air hasn't been getting dried as much as it had been lately. Humidity has stayed below 62% but I'm looking for -50% with that thick ass canopy.

It's honestly a bit of a nightmare. I hope never to let plants get that far gone again before I can handle them. It'll be nice getting a few grows done this winter when I have more time around the house. Until then I'll baby these and hope they pay me back in kind.

Pics coming soon...

King Julien

King Julien

I'm getting pretty excited now. Things are finally getting a bit of ambient stink to them. They went so long with just the barest hint of weedy/fruity smell in the tent but now when it's opened you really notice it. Still on the very low odor side of things compared to many others I've grown. I bet that'll change in the last couple of weeks though.

Calyxes are really starting to multiply and bulk up. Things are also getting progressively frostier. With new hair growth the ratios of brown to green hairs are seemingly the same so far on the plants that have them. The lemon plant isn't even thinking about dropping a brown hair yet but is insanely frosty and getting some amazing colas on it.

Pics are from day 53 after the switch to 12/12.

First we have the left canopy lights on...
777 169

Next we have the right canopy lights on...
777 167

Left with lights off...
777 201

Right with lights off...
777 190

Some chunky nuggets...
777 192

777 191

And finally a few shots of that lemon plant...
777 193
777 197

777 175

As you can see that one huge plant on the left side is burnt but it hasn't gotten any worse since the damage was done. Pretty sure I accidentally miscounted my syringes full of nutes as I was adding them to my water that day.

Other than that, just another day in growerdise.

King Julien

King Julien

So I finished smoking some of those trash buds I trimmed the other day. Still not bad smoke. Better now that it had sat in a jar and hydrolyzed a bit.

But I found seeds on a branch. Like 5 seeds on one branch. Big mature seeds. Healthy buggers. I'm guessing, and hoping, it's from the 2 males I pulled sometime in the first 2 weeks that had a pollen sack open on one of them.

On the plus side it was only one branch of like 10 I trimmed that had anything in it and the seeds were all in 2 lower popcorn buds. It also doesn't appear to have recently seeded the rest of that same branch so I'm guessing this was from the start of things.

At the very least it doesn't seem like things are currently being pollinated and the plant that had the seeds was the one right next to the males so I'm crossing my fingers, and pretty certain, that the damage is limited to a small area of that one plant.

I do know that those males were both beautiful specimen though so if I do get some seeds they're bound to be worth keeping if the mother is worth keeping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom