King Tut Strain Question - Ruderalis Non-autoflower?

• Thread starter Bkewlbro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bkewlbro

Bkewlbro

Hello!
Hey I picked up some King Tut Photoperiod seeds from True North Seed Bank and haven't start them up yet. I was looking for a high yield and high THC content strain and thought I'd try these puppies out. King Tut is an AK-47 & Ruderalis strain, but to my understanding combining strains with Ruderalis creates autoflowering plants. I see also that they offer the King Tut in autoflowering also. So my question is do I need to worry about this plant autoflowering at all? Is is possible to breed out the autoflowering trait when breeding? If I breed this strain with let's say White Widow will i need to worry about any of these seed being autoflowering?

Thanks ahead of time for any help or thoughts on these subjects!

gwheels

gwheels

I grew them. The same seeds. It is a wonderful strain. The autoflower genetics are added to get it to finish faster but it is a photoperiod. They finished pretty quick in flower 63 days if I remember right. It tastes good and produced 4 oz per plant (x2). I topped it a lot. I think you will like it. The perfect campfire weed if you ask me :D

Canuck also has coma Kush which is a different flavor of ak47 cut with a small amount of ruderalis.

Both of them need the 18/6 and 12/12 light schedule.

Tut
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

if you cross a photo period with auto. 50% will be auto. 50% will be photo period

Hello!
Hey I picked up some King Tut Photoperiod seeds from True North Seed Bank and haven't start them up yet. I was looking for a high yield and high THC content strain and thought I'd try these puppies out. King Tut is an AK-47 & Ruderalis strain, but to my understanding combining strains with Ruderalis creates autoflowering plants. I see also that they offer the King Tut in autoflowering also. So my question is do I need to worry about this plant autoflowering at all? Is is possible to breed out the autoflowering trait when breeding? If I breed this strain with let's say White Widow will i need to worry about any of these seed being autoflowering?

Thanks ahead of time for any help or thoughts on these subjects!

Bkewlbro

Bkewlbro

Awesome. so no worries about it autoflowering? Awesome. How long did you let it veg for to get those 4oz?

gwheels

gwheels

I think that is when you produce seeds. Many sativa strains have a bit of ruderalis to shorten up the flower time. The king tut is STRONG and was not impacted negatively by the ruderalis gene.

Bkewlbro

Bkewlbro

if you cross a photo period with auto. 50% will be auto. 50% will be photo period

ya lost me there. lol. but lets see if i get it. so after they breed the AK-47 with the Ruderalis they'll find the Photoperiod then breed those and in turn breed out the Autoflowering?

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

really?never heard of that
yep. according to the folks at Sensi seeds.

Wanted to get a Indica/Ruderalis cross. They cautioned that about 50% would be autos and the rest would be photo period

gwheels

gwheels

I have a grow log on here. I think I vegged for 5 weeks maybe 6. I topped them until I had 16 tops on one and 20 on the other or something like that.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

ya lost me there. lol. but lets see if i get it. so after they breed the AK-47 with the Ruderalis they'll find the Photoperiod then breed those and in turn breed out the Autoflowering?
Yes by selective breeding to can breed auto out or by selective breeding you can breed full auto flowering. depends on what you want.

Bkewlbro

Bkewlbro

Awesome thanks guys so much for the info. I'm just waiting for these new nute to come in(Trying out the Nukeheads pack this go around and my new ViparSpectra Reflector Seires 300 Watt to get my par where it needs to be. I think i'll start a diary on this. planning on hermie'ing a white widow and breeding it with the king tut and see how it turns out. Give us a lil King Tut's Widow lol

Bkewlbro

Bkewlbro

I grew them. The same seeds. It is a wonderful strain. The autoflower genetics are added to get it to finish faster but it is a photoperiod. They finished pretty quick in flower 63 days if I remember right. It tastes good and produced 4 oz per plant (x2). I topped it a lot. I think you will like it. The perfect campfire weed if you ask me :D

Canuck also has coma Kush which is a different flavor of ak47 cut with a small amount of ruderalis.

Both of them need the 18/6 and 12/12 light schedule.

wow that looks like it turned out great!

Top Bottom