Knockout Brownie Recipe (1lb butter!)

• Thread starter Zeldar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

litsee

When the first-time edible maker sets out to turn their beautiful budder into a fine finished product, they are faced with finding a suitable recipe that can easily incorporate a (usually) large amount of bud butter that does not completely overpower the final product. I believe that I have found quite a nice recipe that accomplishes this:

The recipe below is more than 100 years old. It’s the original recipe for the brownie created at the direction of Bertha Palmer in the Palmer House kitchen and served at the World Fair held in Chicago in 1893. The first written reference to the “brownie” appears in the Sears Roebuck Catalog published in Chicago in 1898. This brownie remains one of the hotel’s most popular confections.

Chocolate Fudge Brownie

1 lb. 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate

1 lb. bud butter

1. lb. oz. granulated sugar

8 oz. cake flour

1 T baking powder

4 eggs

1 lb. crushed walnuts

Melt chocolate with butter in double boiler.

Mix dry ingredients in bowl, except walnuts

Mix chocolate with dry ingredients, 4 to 5 minutes

Add eggs

Pour into 9X12 inch baking pan. Sprinkle walnuts on top. Press walnuts down slightly into mixture with your hand.

Bake in preheated oven at 300 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes

You will know when done when the edges will start to become a little crispy and the brownie has raised about ¼ inch. Note that even when the brownie is properly baked, it will test “gooey” with a toothpick in the middle due to the richness of the mixture.

Have fun!
Hi can u get this recipe in grams please?

L

litsee

Wayyyyy to much sugar. I can't even eat these...and i used so much butter

Top Bottom